TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > [TST] Vendors > (Past Vendors)
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-21-2005, 02:55 PM   #1
CarPretty
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #354

Send a message via AIM to CarPretty
Tint Options

This is a basis for anyone that has questions regarding window tint.
To answer the most FAQ: Technically tint is illegal on any window.
On the other hand, since people do it anyway the general rule of thumb is, if the occupants of the car are somewhat visible (lite tint) then the police tend to be more lenient towards your vehicle.
To make things simpler, we'll tint your car up to whatever percent you want. Although, we'll always offer our recomendations.
The brand tint we carry is Llumar. If you want to do your research, you'll find llumar is currently the best tint on the market hands down. Don't take our word for it, do your research. Llumar tint comes with the only TRUE lifetime warranty. It's Guaranteed never to bubble, peel or fade. If anything does go wrong, we'll stand by our product and work and take care of any problem you might have.
Backwindows are always tinted in one peice. All cars are computer cut, But there are a few exceptions. Our computer program is updated monthly, so new cars are always rolling in.
Tint percentages are as follows:
5% (limo tint)
15% (Factory SUV)
20%
30% (most popular and recommended)
40% & 50%
We offer colors as well, however they are not recommended.
Finally, prices are car specific. PM us with your Car, Make and Model and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks Everyone
Ryan & Ryan at CarPretty
Old 05-04-2005, 04:46 AM   #2
SmokeyBandit
Tri-State Addict

Member #194

What do you have that is equivalent to the Formula One Ultimate???

Also... Formula UV-Shield.... that's approximate 70% tint...which makes you barely illegal.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:08 AM   #3
CarPretty

Member #354

I dont follow? What is Formula one ultimate? If thats just a type of film/brand, and style...im not familiar with it. Either way, Llumar film is the cleanest and most factory looking film on the market. So Llumar's percentage would definately look as good if not better than any other film. And as far as the 70% . We carry that too. Purpose of it is obviously to give no privacy, but block out UV. We dont advertise it because its not popular. But we do carry it. And regardless...all our Llumar films cut out 99.9 % UV. It doesnt matter if its light or dark. From my memory though, now that i think of it...formula one may be a style of Johnson's film...their "executive series" if you will. But im not totally sure so dont quote me on that.
Thank you
Ryan n Ryan
Old 05-04-2005, 06:10 PM   #4
SmokeyBandit
Tri-State Addict

Member #194

FYI...Llumar and Formula One come from the same factory, same line, same product-- different names. Llumar has a better dealer network up here though.

They are made by CP Films, in Martinsville, VA

www.cpfilms.com

Ultimate is their all-metal with very little reflection for a softer look.
Premier is also all-metal with a decent reflectivity (but still legal...unlike those mirrored tints you see)
Old 05-04-2005, 09:20 PM   #5
272sWrx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #281

Send a message via AIM to 272sWrx
i want you to spray paint my windows j/k
Old 05-05-2005, 09:26 AM   #6
CarPretty

Member #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyBandit
FYI...Llumar and Formula One come from the same factory, same line, same product-- different names. Llumar has a better dealer network up here though.

They are made by CP Films, in Martinsville, VA

www.cpfilms.com

Ultimate is their all-metal with very little reflection for a softer look.
Premier is also all-metal with a decent reflectivity (but still legal...unlike those mirrored tints you see)
Good to know...i know now that ive heard of formula one b4, just didnt realise it was a production of cpfilms. thats interesting. CPfilms is where its at though. They make not only best automotive film, but the best residential/comercial film as well...Vista. But you'll be VERY content with Llumar. It doesnt look mirrorish...although it does have a reflection, granted that you're looking into a blacken'd window...reflection always becomes more prominet. It doesnt have a purple look either. Its a metalised film...its their ATR films, most recomended, with life time warranty.
ryan n ryan