TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Subaru Talk
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Any Subaru techs on here? Or Subaru mechnics? Need Wrist Pin Removal Tool ASAP

Hey,
just wanted to check and see if there were any Subaru techs on here, or shops that work on Subarus, or even people who are in tight with their service department, who might have the specialty tool to remove wrist pins. Its ST 499097600 and I either need someone to do this for me with the correct tool, or I need to get ahold of this tool for an hour or two to do it myself.
As always... its an easy job, with the correct tool.
Trying to get the motor torn down once and for all this weekend so hopefully someone can help out. Thanks a ton,
Bryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:44 PM   #2
ScoobyNubieToo!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #862

My Ride:
WRB 2004 WRX Wagon with 07 STI Trans and Longblock inside!

Hey Troll, isn't there a website around that actually sells that tool....I know I've seen it around...
ScoobyNubieToo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:14 PM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

i had never heard of the tool before yesterday, but it is subaru specific. a dealership inquired about purchasing an extra one adn having me pay them for it but they havent heard back and so far what they're saying is it looks very delicate and very expensive.
ideal situation would be to be able to borrow one for an hour or two, or go to a dealershop with the block and throw a tech $20 to pull them out for me on his own time.
hopefully someone can help... its the only thing between me and having this block completely apart.
thanks,
bryan

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 11-03-2006, 09:20 PM   #4
RyanG
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #63

Send a message via AIM to RyanG
oh little man... you dont need one.
here is a little video on how to do it :P
http://www.vincentfurniture.com/phot...pistonpull.wmv
just a long screwdriver that you dont need anymore and bend that **** lol

RyanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:12 PM   #5
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

If only it was that easy. This guy is fortunate to be working on an older motor which has a pretty substantial 90 degree lip on the pins. Unfortunately from about MY2002+ they have been using a different design which uses a smaller inner diameter and a long taper out, which leaves almost no lip at all to grab onto. What this means is its a bitch to get out if you dont have the proper tool.
I'm friendly with one of the guys at Precision Tuning and he said that they actually put a very long very thin screwdriver through the opposite side and punch them out. I picked up a very long very thin screwdriver today, and although I cant really picture how this would be successful given the super tight clearance in there, I am going to attempt it tomorrow.
The most likely solutuion is still what I am requesting above though, so if anyone can be of assistance please let me know.
Thanks,
Bryan

|

Quote:

|
Old 11-03-2006, 11:56 PM   #6
teh DIRT
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6

My Ride:
Legacy 2.0GT

Send a message via AIM to teh DIRT
yeah both I and bryan have tried getting these wrist pins out. A special tool is needed. Ive pulled two sets of wristpins in my day and they both were pre-"beveled" types. Its a cinch with these types. The newer types on the other hand just cant be done the same way.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:26 AM   #7
ScoobyNubieToo!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #862

My Ride:

http://subaru.spx.com/grpsrt.asp?g=6 If you can wait, follow this link.....you can buy from this place online
Old 11-04-2006, 04:09 AM   #8
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

wow awesome link, thanks. it might be cheapest and fastest to throw a subaru tech 20 or 40 bucks to bang it out for me but i will call them to see exactly how much that tool costs. that link is a keeper, thanks again.

|

Quote:

|
Old 11-04-2006, 11:29 AM   #9
ScoobyNubieToo!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #862

My Ride:

Glad to help....you can buy just about any Subaru specialty tool from that site!