TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Home Page News > TST's Car of the Month
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to Vypurr
Car Of The Month: Feb '08 - alwaysboostin

Car Of The Month: Feb '08
alwaysinboost 06 Corvette Z06

TST: So to start off how did you hear about TST?
Marc: I don't even know how I*came across TST...

TST: What got you into cars in the first place and then what got you into really fast cars?
Marc: I've been into cars for as long as I can remember.*When I first*got my licenses I started messing around with car stereo stuff and it just evolved from sound into speed.

TST: What was the first car you ever owned?*
Marc: First car I ever owned was an 89 Mustang LX four banger!*It was my pride and joy, I got it*from the original owner when I was 19.*It was black with red interior, 5speed w/62k miles.*In the four or so years I owned it*added chrome*rims I got from pep boys, tinted windows and a bumping system.*

TST: So you said the mustang was your first car and your pride and joy is that your favorite car you have owned?
Marc: No, it was a fun car, but not the most fun.*I'd have to say the EVO is the most fun car I've ever owned.*Not only is it very capable in any form motor-sports but its also*an extremely fun DD.

TST: I read that you ran the 9 second pass on 93 octane and a six speed I know alot of people are gonna say why not go auto and c16?
Marc: Auto's never really did it for me, they aren't fun to drive at all.*Anyone can jump in,*smash the gas, and hold on but thats not nearly as*challenging*as bangin gears.*I'm sure the car could*be quicker if I put an auto in it, but I like the exclusivity of being one of the few to have run a 9 second pass in a 6 speed.*That was one the goals I set for this car, and as far as I know I'm the only one to have done it w/o breaking anything in the process. To answer the second part of your question;*on*93 octane*it makes over 730 wheel horse, do you*really think it*needs more power?

TST: So what has the car put down on the dyno and what has it run?
Marc: With the tires down, ran a nine second pass and drove it home.*A week later I Marc: Best time to date is 9.980 @ 140.25 w/a 1.41 60'.*That was on straight 93 pump gas and DOT street tires.*I drove it to the track, air'eddyno'ed @ RT Tuning and it put down around 730whp and 600wtq on 93 oct, exactly the way it went down the track.

TST: Bumping systems to 9's what made you switch?
Marc: "Systems to 9's", you make it sound like it was a easy as turning a page.*I guess my tastes just changed as I got older.*I was looking for more of an adrenaline rush and loud systems just didn't do it anymore

TST: I know we are supposed to be talking about the Vette but it looks like you have a lot of fun with the evo as well, what are the goals for that car is that gonna be the dedicated auto-x car?
Marc: I plan to do a lot of auto-xing and HPDE's this year.*Goals for the EVO*this year are for me to be able*out-drive the stock suspension and RE-01R street tires so I can upgrade.*I'm a minimalist when it comes to performance, I know its hard to believe having a 700hp car and all, but I*like to be able to use everything*the car has to its fullest*first, and then upgrade.*Once I get the car*to the point where I'm on R-comps and coils the stock turbo won't be enough power anymore, so I have a GT35R kit sitting in the garage just waiting.

TST: What's next mod wise?
Marc: Actually its getting DE-modded next!*Right now the car makes WAY too much power for what I plan on doing with it.*My plan is to just enjoy driving*the car around this year.*Then, once winter hits, I'm looking to pull the blower off in favor of an all motor setup that I can take on the road courses & auto-x's next year.*

TST: Do you ever see yourself selling the Vette at this point?
Marc: I almost sold it a couple of months ago.*I had a buyer lined up with a deposit and everything but some stuff happened and he couldn't swing the cash*for whatever reason so it never went down.*I think for the right price I would let it go but I'm not looking to sell and I think I'd have a hard time finding another vehicle to take its place.*This very well maybe a car I keep for a long time.

TST: Your car is pretty stock looking and I don't mean that in a bad way but have you just not gotten around to visual mods or are you not interested in them anymore?
Marc: Unless it has a function I don't see a need for it.*I might tint the windows but I think that's as far as the cosmetic stuff will go.

TST: Any shout outs you wanna give before we end?
Marc: Thanks to my fiancee for putting up with my obsessions all these years*and thanks to*all the people I race with for the*comradery and support.

TST: Marc thanks again for taking the time to speak with us today you are by far the fastest COTM we have had so far and i think i speak for everyone when i say i can't wait to see what you have planned for the car in the future.

Mod List SOON TO COME!

Click Here For More Pictures
Gentleman do what ever it takes to empty our coffers lapdances, champagne dances, shower dances. Oh the things you can buy for a handfull of bills. It makes me excited. It gives me the chills. Thell be filcher rubs, breeders, hambones and tweeners, zobos and debos and blorps that go eenah. for a one dollar bill you can pull down their zippers.
I am the snorlax, I speak for the strippers!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
mike@area1320
Former Vendor

Member #5533

My Ride:
02' WRX

Send a message via AIM to mike@area1320
looks good
Old 02-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
esteener
Noob-Jersey

Member #15658