TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Home Page News > TST's Car of the Month
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to Vypurr
Car Of The Month: November '06 - James_ls

Car Of The Month: November
James_ls 1998 Acura Integra LS(LS/VTEC)

TST chose james_ls for November’s COTM because it shows that you can build a clean well rounded car without dropping an insane amount of money into it. The super clean exterior and the modest factory engine work make for a great combo on his 1998 Integra.

TST: So when did you pick up your Integra?
James: Hrrm, I guess about two years ago. Yeah JUST shy of two years I believe. From a next-door-neighbor who is a car dealer. The funny part...origionaly didn't even want an Integra...

TST: What did you own before this? Was this the first car you worked on?
James: I've always been around cars...my Dad used to be a tech and build race motors back in his day...for quite a few popular people at the time. So it's in my blood. By ownership however, yeah, this is my first.

TST: Ah ok, so what are your goals with this car? And what do you plan to do with it?
James: To start, I didn't have any. I was a 17 year old kid, with a car with REDICULIOUS potential. So I started buying crap. Crap without a goal. Then got my head out of my ass and discovered the internet (laughs) and found out that I did have taste. So I decided just to make something new. Something that stands out, but not in an obnoxious way. So I SLAMMED the thing, but some semi-big wheels on it (thats the hot-rod styling from Pop's comming out in me) and then re-assesed it. It wasn't fast, I have enough of a problem and irresponsibility with things that are fast; so I made it handle. After taking your share of turns, it gets kinda old. I did some minor engine work and a head-swap; and now am shooting for 200WHP on stock-internals...still naturally aspirated. It sucks. (Laughs)

TST: So is the car just for daily cruising or do you plan on doing any showing or racing with it?
James: Right now it's my "fair weather toy." It NEVER sees rain...well I try to make it never see rain. I show it, road race it a bit, and just have fun with it. It doesn't come out all that frequently; and when it does, she uh...likes to turn heads.

TST: So you're planning to keep it NA for a while then? What kind of timeframe on the 200 whp do you think? Gonna get some 1/4 mile times to go with that?
James: I did one of those G-Tech 1/4 Mile Calculators on it and with a good launch was saying 14.0 quite a few times; and a 13.86 with decent wheels. But yeah; I want to keep it N/A and try to get that with O.E.M. internals. I was talking with Honda-Tuning (magazine) and they were saying if I can get that, I'm almost guaranteed a big article. I really wanna supercharge it; however, don't want to take the risk. I'm thinking of getting a bike or an Audi or something; and just drive it. I like speed; but unfortunatly insurance doesn't.

TST: Your car is really clean, do you always keep it that way?
James: Always. It's like my claim-to-fame. People see a retartedly clean car, they remember it. James-the OCD detailer.

TST: Ha yeah I can see that. And have you done all of the motor work yourself as well?
James: Yes and no. I got all the ideas, all the parts, the only thing a "shop" did was bascially helped teach me how to do it. They removed the older stuff; and tought me how to do everything. I was involved with the entire project. I never let that thing out of my sight. Haha.

TST: Cool. So whats next? Think your next car will be a honda too?
James: I'm looking at either the same color NSX or possibly a Lotus. Something that yet again, turns heads. However; my immediate next car, just gonna be something I can daily drive with NO intention of modding.

TST: How did you hear about TriStateTuners?
James: I had always kinda heard the name in the area; then started to see a few of the stickers; then kinda figured; meh what the hell...so I googled it...signed up...and have been lauging my ass of ever since.

TST: So do you have any shout outs or anyone that deserves a thanks for helping get your car to where it is today?
James: Definatly like to thank Vince at R/T Tuning for being soo patient with my stupid ECU problems. Sav Leone for teaching me just about everything I know with Hondas, and uh, me, for knowing that enough...really isn't enough.

TST: Cool well thanks for being a contributing member of TST and congrats on being November's COTM.
James: Haha anytime. Do I get two months like jc8889 aswell? Hey, that could be a good trend...two-month car of the month(s) like bi-monthly magazines...hmmm....

Engine Mods:

- B18B Block
- JDM SPEC B18C1 Head W/:
* GSR 'Regrind' Camshafts
* Mild Port + Polish
* Megan 6 Prong Adjustable Camshaft Gears
- Skunk 2 PRO Series Throttle Body.
- Skunk 2 PRO Series Intake Manifold.
- GSR Oil Pump
- Mugen Radiator Cap
- GSR Water Pump
- GSR Fuel Pump
- 330CC Injectors
- Tsudo 4-1 (Mugen Replica) Exhaust Manifold
- High Flow Catylitic Converter
- Custom Single Resonator Greddy EvoII Exhaust System

Suspension:

Dropzone Shocks//Struts
Dropzone Coilovers
Custom Tie Bars
Custom Strut Tower Bars
Energy Suspension Polurethane Suspension Bushings

Electronics:

- Hondata S200 Fueled P30 (Courtesy of R/T Tuning)
- Apex-i VAFC-II (Stuck as a monitor untill new harness comes)
- AsianWolf 8000RS Remote Start 2 Way Mobile Security
- Pioneer Headunit
- Pioneer 6.5" Speakers
- Pioneer Tweeters

Interior:

- Custom Painted Interior Panels
- JDM Armrest Delete
- Custom Short Shifter
- Paint Matched Shift Knob
- Megan Pedal Cover Kit
- Custom C-Pillar Bar
- D.A.D. Racing Seats
- D.A.D. Brackets
- D.A.D. Harnesses

Exterior:

- Angel Eye Headlights W/:
* Acura TL Projectors
* Techone 6500K HID P+P Kit
- Euroclear Clear Corners
- 4 Lug Damani Champ Wheels (17")
- Cooper Zenon ZX3 Z-Rated Tires

Click Here To See More Pictures
Gentleman do what ever it takes to empty our coffers lapdances, champagne dances, shower dances. Oh the things you can buy for a handfull of bills. It makes me excited. It gives me the chills. Thell be filcher rubs, breeders, hambones and tweeners, zobos and debos and blorps that go eenah. for a one dollar bill you can pull down their zippers.
I am the snorlax, I speak for the strippers!

Last edited by Vypurr; 08-06-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
Dr.Evo
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #15764

My Ride:
2005 Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR

very clean
Old 01-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
justinlansdale
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4286

My Ride:
old BMW & obnoxious bike(s)

Send a message via AIM to justinlansdale
Bumpo

//
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
LoL bumped really? After 5 years?

Thing looks NOTHING like this at all anymore, about to be out with a new front and a big cheesin thing where the radiator is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BUY MY STUFF!

Closed Thread