TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
Schlongo
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #10254

My Ride:
'08 silverado 1500

Anybody Know about Ohio Technical College

Right now I'm In the middle of OTC's custom paint and Graphics course out here in Cleveland Ohio. Im learning all about pin-stripping, masking, custom paint colors, water based paints, Vinyl graphics, and air brushing for 3 months. But thats not all they offer. Im not on here to sell this place to anyone im just seeing if anybody on here has ever heard of the place.

I was originally drawn to the place because they are one of the only schools in america that I could find that offered Classic restoration as a 2 year program, complete with upholstery and everything. But besides that they also have regular auto-body, automotive, auto-diesel, diesel, generators, welding, power sports, custom bike building, and even CDL training.

I like the place because it is alot better then UTI or Wyotech in that there are no clip cars, your always working on a new car or engine, not something that was recycled and had 50 other students work on it. Also it is a single institution so theres only one, not 5 or 6 like the others. But it does have its down sides, what they forgot to mention was they have a program with the prison so alot of your classmates are former inmates (guard your s*%t) and Cleveland just sucks in general.

But back to my point, I was just wondering if anybody had ever heard of this place of has even been here, because I never heard about this place until 7 months ago
Schlongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
daewoo
Tri-State Addict

Member #13542

My Ride:
gsr civic and goped sport

Send a message via AIM to daewoo
pm 2001teg, hell tell you all about it
Old 09-21-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

When you graduate do you have any certs or transferable credits?
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #4
Schlongo

Member #10254

My Ride:
'08 silverado 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
When you graduate do you have any certs or transferable credits?
Not in my program, when im done ill just have a certificate of completion. but they offer an associates degree in all their main programs, and they allow you to take tests and get your I-car points which apparently you need in the industry and will allow you to get more money
Old 09-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
StylezTA
Tri-State Addict

Member #4984

i drove all the way out there to look at that place years ago... the surronding area was enough for me to say no, and yea the prison thing is sweet to haha.

- 2007 CBR 1000RR
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
StylezTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #6
Schlongo

Member #10254

My Ride:
'08 silverado 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylezTA View Post
i drove all the way out there to look at that place years ago... the surronding area was enough for me to say no, and yea the prison thing is sweet to haha.
yeah the area is ****, Cleveland is a **** whole and where the school is located is the warehouse district which is just like Clevelands industry.... dead