TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > [TST] Vendors > Bonehead Performance
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 07-06-2005, 11:11 PM   #1
boneheadperformance
Vendor

Member #382

Send a message via AIM to boneheadperformance
TST DEALS

Every now and again I like to give deals to TST members. I will have a poll going to see what discounts should be given next. As most of you know I gave a 10% discount to anything powder coated brought to the shop. What do you think?
boneheadperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:30 AM   #2
AoD
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #243

Send a message via ICQ to AoD Send a message via AIM to AoD Send a message via MSN to AoD Send a message via Yahoo to AoD
Awesome man, thanks
Old 07-07-2005, 01:34 AM   #3
LilWheezy75
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #606

Send a message via AIM to LilWheezy75
I think that if a discount is going to be given... make sure its something usefull to most of the members.. not like car specific.. cuz that sucks for most who dont have that car.

Just an opinion
Old 07-07-2005, 10:20 AM   #4
boneheadperformance
Vendor

Member #382

No, it will not be car specific. It might be another powder coating deal or maybe even detailing. Don't do too much on the parts aspect of it so most likely it would be a service. Might be a deal on the Extrude Hone process since I just set up an account with them. Don't know if too many TST members are interested in that since it is more along the lines of racing/pro street.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:26 AM   #5
SilverTurboRidin
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #197

Send a message via AIM to SilverTurboRidin Send a message via Yahoo to SilverTurboRidin
im pretty sure i would be in for the car detailing, but thats just me.
Now it's a war you ain't on the side wit me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
SilverTurboRidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:21 PM   #6
LilWheezy75
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #606

Send a message via AIM to LilWheezy75
Yeapp i want to get my car detailed also... Im too lazy to do it myself
Old 07-09-2005, 02:34 AM   #7
AoD
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #243

Send a message via ICQ to AoD Send a message via AIM to AoD Send a message via MSN to AoD Send a message via Yahoo to AoD
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheadperformance
No, it will not be car specific. It might be another powder coating deal or maybe even detailing. Don't do too much on the parts aspect of it so most likely it would be a service. Might be a deal on the Extrude Hone process since I just set up an account with them. Don't know if too many TST members are interested in that since it is more along the lines of racing/pro street.
I would be interested in that actually. Can you explain how this is different than a port and polish job? I figured they were the same thing but according to the following article, the extrude hone process should be followed up with PnP for maximum flow.

Background in the Extrude Hone process for you guys:

http://www.superstreetonline.com/techarticles/3227/
Old 07-11-2005, 02:01 PM   #8
boneheadperformance
Vendor

Member #382

Well, in a nutshell the extrude hone job from my understanding is a gel that is compressed into an area which smoothes out all the casting marks within a chamber. I havent read too much on the process and am going to read the article you sent as soon as I have a free minute. A port and polish job is good to do afterwards because the extrude hone process does not open up the ports- it only smoothes them out. This process is actually much better than porting and polishing because you can only go so deep into a port or chamber. The extrude hone process gets in every port as deep as it can go. After doing so you want to open up the ports and polish them smoothe. The extrude hone process adds horsepower because the wind velocity is increased due to the smoothness of the part being done. Hope this explains a bit more but I myself am not 100% knowledgeable on the process yet. Let me know if you are interested and what part/s you would like done. I have seen intake manifolds done before which can give you an easy 20-30 horsepower.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:26 AM   #9
ZQ8Rado
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #249

Send a message via AIM to ZQ8Rado
i might also be interested in that
Old 08-02-2005, 01:50 PM   #10
sfd
Tri-State Addict

Member #405

My Ride:
2014 Jeep Cherokee

I liked that you offered the 10% discount for powder coating.

I've recommended your company to many other boards for local work and I hope they give you some business.

Since we are on the topic of Extrude, wouldn't it be better to port and polish first to smooth out any areas that were P&P'd?
Old 08-06-2005, 01:11 AM   #11
boneheadperformance
Vendor

Member #382

Thanks for recommending the powder coating work. As for the Extrude process, yes it is a good idea to port and polish as the extrude hone process does not port the metal at all. To be honest I am fairly new to the process and am waiting for an intake to come back from the process. I will try to post pics of before and after on the inside of the manifold. Extrude Honing does not port but leaves a "polished" internal surface for the air to travel faster, which increases flow, which increases power. Hope this makes sense because it is late at night and had a very long day today
Old 08-06-2005, 01:16 AM   #12
AoD
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #243

My understanding of the pure effect of the extrude processes is the difference between the standard Ford Contour and the SVT Contour. I know someone who was an avid SVT Contour modifier and he tells me that was the only difference to create the extra power from the SVT motor.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:26 AM   #13
boneheadperformance
Vendor

Member #382

I know you can definitely make 20-40 HP from having the process done, depending on the others mods you have done.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:53 PM   #14
sfd
Tri-State Addict

Member #405

My Ride:
2014 Jeep Cherokee

Yea def. keep this updated. Any idea on a rough cost for this process normally? I know I'd be very interested in having my intake manifold done if its relatively accessable price wise.