TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Regional (Yup, Tri-State is really Five-State) > Pennsylvania
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-28-2009, 01:16 AM   #1
m3nt0s
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #6720

My Ride:
04 S60R

Send a message via AIM to m3nt0s
Any shop/enthusiast tinting tail lights near Doylestown?

Looking to get the tail lights on my S60R tinted *lightly*. Already went to Car Optics but they said they can't apply a tint film because the tail lights are too curvy. Need a shop OR a ballsy enthusiast that will use a paint product (like Nite Shades or similar), has experience, isn't going to charge me an arm and a leg, and can have it done such that I don't need to leave my car with them.

I would do it myself, but I'm far more capable at fixing and building computers than cars lol.

What the tails look like:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
m3nt0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:22 AM   #2
Bane
[TST] Police Officer

Member #8526

My Ride:
Will P.I.T. you

be easy with how dark you go, its a reason to get stopped if you make them noticeably darker

just a friendly heads up
Old 01-28-2009, 01:56 AM   #3
m3nt0s

Member #6720

My Ride:
04 S60R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
be easy with how dark you go, its a reason to get stopped if you make them noticeably darker

just a friendly heads up
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

Right now, the tail lights stick out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the car, all I want to do is give them that "cherry" color, just to help them blend in better. I don't like the incredibly dark tail lights that much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:49 AM   #4
m3nt0s

Member #6720

My Ride:
04 S60R

Update: Obviously the forums got messed up as everyone knows, but there were numerous replies saying I should go to Shades of Gray. Well, I did. Here's how it turned out. Keep in mind, several shops have already turned me away saying my car wasn't "able to be done".

When I met Ryan at the Philly Auto Show, he looked at the tails and told me they would probably require two pieces of film, the angles are so weird. He have me a quote and said it would take about 90 minutes to do the whole job. The next week, I stopped by their shop for my appointment. Not only did Ryan actually do the tails, he did them with just one piece of film each, AND in half the time with a good chunk of change knocked off of my quoted price (which I would have still been happy to pay). I will go NOWHERE else to get my tint done ever!

Very old photo for comparison:

Tint by Shades of Gray:

With lights...

Last edited by m3nt0s; 02-25-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #5
captainhook
Tri-State Addict

Member #9586

Wow, sexy! I'd be interested to hear how the tint holds up. Good find in SOG!
captainhook is offline   Reply With Quote