TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-29-2007, 11:52 PM   #61
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

It turns my stomach to see those pictures, not only because the car was hot but also because Adam is a good guy. When you know what's going on with the car let me know if you need a hand with anything.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:35 AM   #62
jdm free
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1481

My Ride:
6spd Civic

Send a message via AIM to jdm free
car looks awesome, wouldnt a fmic work 1000000x better than having the intercooler where its at now
jdm free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:56 AM   #63
RayArroyo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #205

My Ride:
GTR/RSTI/MDX Sport

Send a message via AIM to RayArroyo
he has a fmic , thats the intake you see
Old 03-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #64
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob

Good luck with everything man.

Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:42 PM   #65
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
damn thats a bummer. you dont want it to be totalled it sounds like? i guess if there isnt any frame damage and you knwo a good body shop it could be put back to new, but if it was me i'd want my car to be totalled so i could start fresh.

unfortunately, removing any crash safety components does open up the possibility for your insurance company to shaft you bigtime. a lot of us have taken that risk even though what renegade said is right and the bumper beam really wont help in any high speed crash. if you're insurance adjuster is a decent human being he wont shaft you on that, but its a possibility.

good thing the motor wasnt touched... thats lucky especially at a crash that speed. i'm actually surprised there isnt much more damage if you were going 45 mph...

and D, lets be serious... every thread you say something about 'oh i'm gonna have to do this or do that'... are you going to go to a tmic and a new uncut bumper and bumper beam, repainted of course and have your lip put on that instead? riiiiight.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:04 PM   #66
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:
04 EVO Wrecked by Oakes Detailing

Yo Adam its Marc. I just read this whole thread and was shocked to see it wrecked on page two after all the hard work I know you put into it. My jaw dropped when I saw those pics, glad you are OK though. Kind of reminded me of my old GTI in a way, remember that thing... hahaha.

Its kind of bitter sweet but you would be MUCH better off having the car totalled, buying it back, and parting it out rather then fixing that thing. trust me on this one as I've done it before, the car will never be the same as it was before the accident no matter who works on it or what was done to it.

Look on the bright side, now you can get a newer STi or even, dare I say it, an EVO! :D Give me a call sometime...
alwaysinboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:28 PM   #67
RayArroyo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #205

My Ride:
GTR/RSTI/MDX Sport

Send a message via AIM to RayArroyo
holly crap sorry to hear this and see this, i didnt realize till now the car was in an accident
Old 03-30-2007, 02:31 PM   #68
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
and D, lets be serious... every thread you say something about 'oh i'm gonna have to do this or do that'... are you going to go to a tmic and a new uncut bumper and bumper beam, repainted of course and have your lip put on that instead? riiiiight.
WTF are you talking about? I want a new fmic anyways, so why not get one that comes with a good bumper beam, unlike the one that comes with the intercoolers we have. Who said anything about getting a tmic and new bumpers? Sometimes you just say **** to say ****. Good job.

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!

Last edited by D Money; 03-30-2007 at 02:33 PM.
D Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:46 PM   #69
STI_wagon
Tri-State Addict

Member #388

Sorry to hear. I can't see the crash pics. I like the painted prodrive lights.
Lux has four!?!? omg does she have teh sister?
STI_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:31 PM   #70
Orbit
Tri-State Addict

Member #32

My Ride:
2002 WRX

Send a message via ICQ to Orbit Send a message via AIM to Orbit
Man, that sucks! I feel for you. At least you are OK.
Orbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #71
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwrxkid View Post
WTF are you talking about? I want a new fmic anyways, so why not get one that comes with a good bumper beam, unlike the one that comes with the intercoolers we have. Who said anything about getting a tmic and new bumpers? Sometimes you just say **** to say ****. Good job.
fmic and bumper beam cant coexist. i think what you meant to say is sometimes i actually know what i'm talking about. regardless, removing the factory bumper beam is grounds for your insurance to drop you completely, no ifs ands or buts.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 03-30-2007, 07:44 PM   #72
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
Bryan this isn't a thread for me and you to argue in.

APS, ARC, Greddy, and hyperflow intercoolers come with a much stronger, bigger, and safer bumper beam than the one that comes with the txs kit. That's what I was trying to get at!

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
D Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:10 PM   #73
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1745

My Ride:
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs

Send a message via AIM to Supraru
That sucks man. I'm swapping my car right now and haven't even gotten to the pain in the ass part yet. I can't imagine putting that much work into your car just to have some old dude take it away from you.

On a side note I hope your insurance or his covers your aftermarket stuff. A lot of the time they won't cover it unless you tell them about it. Like if your sti engine was screwed up and you didn't let your insurace know about it (probably making your insurace go up). Most of the time though they'll give you the amount to get it fixed to stock. They tried to pull that with my friend at school with a dragon airbrushed onto his fender. The worst part is that they actually added that to the insurance before it even came out of the paint shop. They ended up covering the airbrush work getting fixed.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:05 AM   #74
IMPREZvWRX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwrxkid View Post
Bryan this isn't a thread for me and you to argue in.

APS, ARC, Greddy, and hyperflow intercoolers come with a much stronger, bigger, and safer bumper beam than the one that comes with the txs kit. That's what I was trying to get at!

Hyperflow kit on my old WRX. The car was still totaled. Insurance covered it, no questions asked.
IMPREZvWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:12 AM   #75
horhay
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3019

My Ride:
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Send a message via AIM to horhay
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
fmic and bumper beam cant coexist. i think what you meant to say is sometimes i actually know what i'm talking about. regardless, removing the factory bumper beam is grounds for your insurance to drop you completely, no ifs ands or buts.
The first sentence is totally false.

Stock, unmodified, bumper beam is in place.

Not trying to keep a disagreement going but I wanted to clear that up.
horhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:30 PM   #76
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

...except for the injen. i was saying that any fmic dimitri would want would not allow for a reasonable bumper beam in place and therefore that safety feature would have to be foregone.
but as everyone said, not really the place for this.

|

Quote:

|
Old 04-26-2007, 09:51 AM   #77
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
Just got finaly word from Insurance Company*********** After they got my huge stack of recipts they changed their mind from trying to total my car to fixing it completly. So hopefuly I will be back on the road by mid July and even better than ever Thye are covering all damage and aftermarket parts
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:18 AM   #78
OBEEWON
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1315

My Ride:
Lansdale Local

Send a message via MSN to OBEEWON
Thats good news man. Your WRX is in my top 5 favs of all time. It looks even better in person. Good luck.

My motto: Break it...Make it better.

OBEEWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:29 AM   #79
dancemf666
Tri-State Addict

Member #313

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousatom View Post
Just got finaly word from Insurance Company*********** After they got my huge stack of recipts they changed their mind from trying to total my car to fixing it completly. So hopefuly I will be back on the road by mid July and even better than ever Thye are covering all damage and aftermarket parts

Dude same thing happen to me but my block and tranny were cracked so I just got the car back and parted it out.GLAD to see your motor survived and your gonna fix it and glad your ok.

To teach everyone a lesson on here who doesnt already.Keep every single receipt.You wont regret it.
dancemf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:56 AM   #80
HuffRex
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #757

My Ride:
2004 WRX/2002 P/T Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to HuffRex
I just saw this thread as well. I'm sorry to see the damage. Glad everything will be fixed!