TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 06-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
licensedtothrill
Tri-State Addict

Member #948

Send a message via AIM to licensedtothrill
Rebuilt Salvage title

I am looking at a rebuilt car that is in Wisconsin now. Its an 03 evolution 8.

Car currently has 80k miles 40k since the rebuild on it.

The car was only cosmetic damage for hitting a deer. After that it was rebuilt and he drove it for the last 40k miles. It has a Rebuilt Salvage title on it now. What would be needed if I had this brought into PA.? I know it would have to be re inspected for road worthiness is there anything else that would have to be done. Below is a list of what else was done to the car. When it was put back together he upgraded it with some parts from his Evo MR.

Carbon hood
Carbon front lip
Zero blow by in leak down test on the engine.
Turbo timer installed at 100 original miles
Heavy street clutch
Power enterprise timing belt
MR bilstein shocks
Rally works springs
Manual boost controller
Buschur racing muffler delete pipe
DBA 2pc slotted rotors
New brake pads

Asking price 16k

To much? To Little? I have seen clean titles for 23k

Getting public opinion on if it would be worth it for me to get a loan and pick it up. I know future trade or resale would be horrible but I don't think I would get rid of it for a long time. If I did it would probably be a part out many years down the road.

p.s. does any one ever fly or drive to Wisconsin. What would that cost to fly out and drive back?

"Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you’ll die today"
licensedtothrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:34 PM   #2
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
IMO, too much. The usual standard for the value of a car with a salvage title, when fixed, is 50-70% of book value, usually more around the 50% mark.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote