TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 06:27 PM   #1
rocknrace03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17593

My Ride:
WRX

RockNRace's 18' WRX/STi

Well I've been lurking around the local Subaru dealer on Sundays and spotted this beauty. After telling myself I wouldn't all summer, I finally caved and signed a"decent" lease on this 2018 Limited WRX/STi with lip spoiler.

I don't have any plans for it other than a Raceseng shift knob(especially since I don't own it). Nice to finally be back in something fun to drive, yet also modern and reliable.

rocknrace03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:57 AM   #2
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

Well well well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:45 AM   #3
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Very nice! Congratulations. Any plans for it?

/
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:38 PM   #4
rocknrace03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17593

My Ride:
WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipman View Post
Well well well
Well.... SOMEBODY... wouldn't let me buy their hawk eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Very nice! Congratulations. Any plans for it?
not really, with it being a lease I don't think it makes sense. I have a Raceseng Sphereology knob on the way and may consider purchasing the SPT performance exhaust in the spring. For now I just need to get some snow tires on this thing.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:29 PM   #5
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:

You'd hurt yourself kid

Quote:
Old 10-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #6
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrace03 View Post
not really, with it being a lease I don't think it makes sense. I have a Raceseng Sphereology knob on the way and may consider purchasing the SPT performance exhaust in the spring. For now I just need to get some snow tires on this thing.
Ahh yeah, definitely wouldn't touch it too much then. AWD+Snow Tires

/
/
/
/
/
Old 10-22-2018, 08:25 AM   #7
mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Send a message via AIM to mckpat03
Weird. I've never seen an LS/4L80 car that looks like that.

Congrats man, should make a pretty great daily, assuming that's the purpose.
mckpat03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:26 AM   #8
rocknrace03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17593

My Ride:
WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckpat03 View Post
Weird. I've never seen an LS/4L80 car that looks like that.

Congrats man, should make a pretty great daily, assuming that's the purpose.
Haha yeah, miss my v8 torque. This thing is just daily duties. Soon to be engaged / home owner, so no builds for now. The Mrs to be seems to enjoy this car too, so thats a plus.

In other news, the 1000 mile break in period will be the death of me. I want a full 3rd -4th gear pull so badly...
Old 10-22-2018, 08:31 PM   #9
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Quote:
Haha yeah, miss my v8 torque. This thing is just daily duties. Soon to be engaged / home owner, so no builds for now. The Mrs to be seems to enjoy this car too, so thats a plus.

In other news, the 1000 mile break in period will be the death of me. I want a full 3rd -4th gear pull so badly...
An 08-13 STI hatch is my dream daily. The fozz is just way too paid off and equally as practical to ditch. This thing I'm sure will make a great daily!

1000 mile break in on a lease that's still going to burn a qt of oil every oil change seems a bit unnecessary, I say just go for that pull
blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:44 PM   #10
rocknrace03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17593

My Ride:
WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue91lx View Post
An 08-13 STI hatch is my dream daily.
mine too, but goddamn the resale value is insane. Hard to find anything well taken care of south of $30k

And yeah, about that break in, maybe @ 500 miles I'll push it a bit
Old 10-23-2018, 02:55 AM   #11
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:

Quote:
An 08-13 STI hatch is my dream daily. The fozz is just way too paid off and equally as practical to ditch. This thing I'm sure will make a great daily!

1000 mile break in on a lease that's still going to burn a qt of oil every oil change seems a bit unnecessary, I say just go for that pull
08-10 STis are trash

Quote:
Old 10-23-2018, 12:44 PM   #12
15psi88
Tri-State Addict

Member #5625

My Ride:
Is always a project.

Break in period, on a lease? Does not compute.
15psi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:19 PM   #13
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Quote:
mine too, but goddamn the resale value is insane. Hard to find anything well taken care of south of $30k

And yeah, about that break in, maybe @ 500 miles I'll push it a bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipman View Post
08-10 STis are trash
Y'all ain't kiddin. I was looking at "cheap" ones for a while hence the 08-10 consideration. The only ones worth buying aren't worth buying

Subaru needs to get their **** together and make another rex/sti hatch, they took the best model away.
blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:03 AM   #14
rocknrace03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17593

My Ride:
WRX

Quote:
Y'all ain't kiddin. I was looking at "cheap" ones for a while hence the 08-10 consideration. The only ones worth buying aren't worth buying

Subaru needs to get their **** together and make another rex/sti hatch, they took the best model away.
During my internship with SOA, i asked about why we lost models like the hatch or turbo leggy wagons.

In short the answer is: "Because for every one enthusiest car that sells over the course of 3 months, we could sell 10 outbacks/foresters/legacys using that same parking spot"

I guess the enthusiasts killed it really. People said they'd buy it, but then they never do, or they wait and buy used. So i guess from a macro level it makes sense.

Luckily I think subaru will always make the wrx/sti, its their hero car and very important to their roots. Unfortunately I dont think we'll see a hatch again
Old 10-24-2018, 02:16 PM   #15
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:
2016 GTI SE w/PP/Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

You did an internship at SOA? My uncle is, at least the last time I talked to him, the retailer websites operations manager or something like that.
Foolinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:40 PM   #16
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
During my internship with SOA, i asked about why we lost models like the hatch or turbo leggy wagons.

In short the answer is: "Because for every one enthusiest car that sells over the course of 3 months, we could sell 10 outbacks/foresters/legacys using that same parking spot"

I guess the enthusiasts killed it really. People said they'd buy it, but then they never do, or they wait and buy used. So i guess from a macro level it makes sense.

Luckily I think subaru will always make the wrx/sti, its their hero car and very important to their roots. Unfortunately I dont think we'll see a hatch again
Same story when I worked at VWoA. Enthusiasts are such a small niche of the overall market they just didn’t matter much.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 10-24-2018, 09:31 PM   #17
rocknrace03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17593

My Ride:
WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinaround View Post
You did an internship at SOA? My uncle is, at least the last time I talked to him, the retailer websites operations manager or something like that.
Yup! I spent a summer at the Cherry Hill Headquarters. I worked with the Genuine Accessories department and their engineers. Really amazing experience, worth every minute of the 2 hour one way commute!

Last edited by rocknrace03; 10-25-2018 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:54 PM   #18
ricky2i5
Tri-State Addict

Member #9510

My Ride:
11 outlander

Send a message via AIM to ricky2i5
Thumbs up

wingless is the way to go on these

Quote:
it doesnt make any sense? Why does she have a huuuuge boner and why is she scrubbing the floor with it?
ricky2i5 is offline   Reply With Quote