TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > [TST] Vendors > Bonehead Performance
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
igo4bmx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #592

My Ride:
2009 Audi A3 Quattro, 2008 BMW X5, 2003 WW Evo8, 2000 Turbo SOHC Civic

Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
question about ceramic coating

How long will it last and how long will you warranty it?

I have purchased a manifold with ceramic coating on it (NOT done by bonehead), but it's flaking off. I'm wondering if its the nature of ceramic coating or just a crappy job.

Thanks
igo4bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
boneheadperformance
Vendor

Member #382

Send a message via AIM to boneheadperformance
Quote:
Originally Posted by igo4bmx View Post
How long will it last and how long will you warranty it?

I have purchased a manifold with ceramic coating on it (NOT done by bonehead), but it's flaking off. I'm wondering if its the nature of ceramic coating or just a crappy job.

Thanks
There are many factors that go into the proper break in of ceramic. Most people think you can just put it on the car and go. Thats incorrect so whoever did the job it may not be the case of a crappy job. It could just be the improper break in or inproper prep material and method used. Ceramic coating should last you years. My headers are close to 12 years old and they are still good. We do so many headers, turbo housings and exhaust manifolds every week from all the serious racers in the area we never have a problem. We never really came up with a so called warranty but we always stand behind our work. If it is to flake off or peel we redo it, no questions asked....just as long as you follow the proper break in. We do give you full printed out instructions when picking up your items on how to properly break in your ceramic coated items. Let me know if you would like to send in or drop off your items to be coated. With so much coming in we are shooting ceramics a few times per week now.
boneheadperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
igo4bmx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #592

My Ride:
2009 Audi A3 Quattro, 2008 BMW X5, 2003 WW Evo8, 2000 Turbo SOHC Civic

Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheadperformance View Post
There are many factors that go into the proper break in of ceramic. Most people think you can just put it on the car and go. Thats incorrect so whoever did the job it may not be the case of a crappy job. It could just be the improper break in or inproper prep material and method used. Ceramic coating should last you years. My headers are close to 12 years old and they are still good. We do so many headers, turbo housings and exhaust manifolds every week from all the serious racers in the area we never have a problem. We never really came up with a so called warranty but we always stand behind our work. If it is to flake off or peel we redo it, no questions asked....just as long as you follow the proper break in. We do give you full printed out instructions when picking up your items on how to properly break in your ceramic coated items. Let me know if you would like to send in or drop off your items to be coated. With so much coming in we are shooting ceramics a few times per week now.
now i have everything i need coated I will be stopping by wednesday FINALLY!
igo4bmx is offline   Reply With Quote