TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Spotted!
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
Sgt Tunez
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16444

My Ride:
2009 Dodge Charger R/T

Modern Muscle

With the exception of Mustangs, no one ever "spots" a new Camaro, Challenger, or Charger. Perhaps there are so many V6 versions of these cars, no one recognized when they see a true muscle car anymore.

Few muscle cars I have seen:

2010 Blacked out Camaro, loud exhaust, black rims on Roosevelt Blvd

2010 or 2011 Challenger, purple with black decals, on PA turnpike going towards Philly

I've seen a few Chargers that have been worthy of recognition, but the majority of the Chargers in this area are unfortunately a V6.

Also seen a few decent Mustangs, but being a Mopar guy, I could care less about them unless you have a Cobra or GT500.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
Sublime1304
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15678

My Ride:
MK5 TDI Cup Edition Jetta, MK5 GLI

I'm sure people take notice but no one really bothers to make a thread about it. I notice all modern muscle when I'm out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

IG: @mike_perfectstance
Sublime1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
Erik@R/TTuning
Former Vendor

Member #17281

My Ride:
2000 MR2 Spyder

If I posted to the board everytime I saw one of those cars I alone would fill the spotted forum. :P
Erik@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
RedBowTies88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16880

My Ride:
car?

x2,

those cars do have some potential... but really for the money there's much faster out there

Nobody On This Forum Cares About Real Performance

^If you disagree prove me wrong
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
RedBowTies88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
Sgt Tunez
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16444

My Ride:
2009 Dodge Charger R/T

I see an import more than I see a muscle car. I do see Mustangs more than anything, probably because they are both fast and affordable. The thing I don't like about SOME imports are the body styles. Much rather see a muscle car any day.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
Sublime1304
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15678

My Ride:

Can't say I've owned an import because I haven't and even though I like imports, I'll always love the modern muscle. You will always catch me at the dodge dealer if I'm looking for a new car

Old 01-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

I don't understand the point of this thread...
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
RedBowTies88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16880

My Ride:
car?

i think the op is wondering why every **** box honda gets a spotted thread but no one ever says anything about so called "american muscle"

Nobody On This Forum Cares About Real Performance

^If you disagree prove me wrong
RedBowTies88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #9
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:
2007 SRT8 Jeep / 2013 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
I don't understand the point of this thread...
I don't understand the point of your post....

The OP clearly stated that he spotted several cars, which is what the Spotted section is for. He simply added a little more discussion to his spotted thread then most people do.

I don't see the harm in it.
05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #10
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

OP is upset 2011 v6 mustang is faster than his car too so he's hatin' on the stangs

ferreeelz though... this is mainly an import board. I've gotten a couple spotted threads though
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #11
cravej
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #471

Here is one that I spotted. This thing was just spinning tires and holding up traffic.
White '08 GTI
White '10 F150
cravej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #12
i_ride_fieroGT
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #10595

My Ride:
Does not hit mivec anymore.(DD) 06 solstice 5 speed. 84 IMSA Fiero5 speed. 87 Fiero GT 5 speed

There not getting played out but theres a lot of them out there now. I remember when the challenger first came out it was a rare commodity to see and was always a hear turner when you see it.. Now i see so many of them on the road i dont really look at them the same way. Sames happening with the Camaro, when they first came out dealerships couldent even get a hold of one. i know tom oats bought one from a buddy of mine at new car cost just to have one, A V6 at that. Now you cant pass a Chevy dealership without seeing 3 or 4 of them outside. and mustangs, Dont even get me started on them. There nice but there like dog sh*t there everywhere. Its sad because there really the only American muscle cars left in production..Even the GTO was a flop in my eyes. not saying it was a bad car cuz the thing was a straight up monster, But i dont think it lived up to its old name styling wize. the thing looked like a 2 door grand am on speed. When i think GTO i think of boxy big and mean. not like a sports coupe design.

the charger was another disappointment. Back in the chargers hay day that was one car not to be messed with. it was a 2 door machine that not many other cars out there for the price could hold a candle to performance wise. My dad had a 69 R/T back in the day and when he heard they were bringing the charger back it was like he almost became a kid inside again. than when he heard it was going to be a 4 door sedan you could tell he was disappointed. Than when he heard they were bringing the challenger back as dodges muscle car other the charger that was another disappointment. Back in the day the challenger was what you bought when you couldn't afford the charger. Now the charger has been knocked down a few pegs in the classic muscle car department and the challenger has taken its place... But i guess times are changing.
i_ride_fieroGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #13
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
I see a LOT of Camaros out here in Bucks County. I wish I would see more decent foxes, though. The ones I do see have different color panels and are almost certainly hick machines.
c0nfl1kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #14
Sublime1304
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15678

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_ride_fieroGT View Post
There not getting played out but theres a lot of them out there now. I remember when the challenger first came out it was a rare commodity to see and was always a hear turner when you see it.. Now i see so many of them on the road i dont really look at them the same way. Sames happening with the Camaro, when they first came out dealerships couldent even get a hold of one. i know tom oats bought one from a buddy of mine at new car cost just to have one, A V6 at that. Now you cant pass a Chevy dealership without seeing 3 or 4 of them outside. and mustangs, Dont even get me started on them. There nice but there like dog sh*t there everywhere. Its sad because there really the only American muscle cars left in production..Even the GTO was a flop in my eyes. not saying it was a bad car cuz the thing was a straight up monster, But i dont think it lived up to its old name styling wize. the thing looked like a 2 door grand am on speed. When i think GTO i think of boxy big and mean. not like a sports coupe design.

the charger was another disappointment. Back in the chargers hay day that was one car not to be messed with. it was a 2 door machine that not many other cars out there for the price could hold a candle to performance wise. My dad had a 69 R/T back in the day and when he heard they were bringing the charger back it was like he almost became a kid inside again. than when he heard it was going to be a 4 door sedan you could tell he was disappointed. Than when he heard they were bringing the challenger back as dodges muscle car other the charger that was another disappointment. Back in the day the challenger was what you bought when you couldn't afford the charger. Now the charger has been knocked down a few pegs in the classic muscle car department and the challenger has taken its place... But i guess times are changing.
The chargers are not that bad. All because it has 2 more doors? Like you said, times are changing and what people wanted back then are different than what they want today.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #15
i_ride_fieroGT
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #10595

My Ride:
Does not hit mivec anymore.(DD) 06 solstice 5 speed. 84 IMSA Fiero5 speed. 87 Fiero GT 5 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime1304 View Post
The chargers are not that bad. All because it has 2 more doors? Like you said, times are changing and what people wanted back then are different than what they want today.
I'm not saying there bad. I'd love to own an R/T. but I'm just a little bummed out that they didn't bring back the charger under this new retro muscle car look over the challenger. The charger back in the day was a much superior car. But. back in the day the charger was also considered a full size car as well.
i_ride_fieroGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:22 PM   #16
max2k1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #393

My Ride:
Wheelchair

Send a message via AIM to max2k1
I honestly dont think that the new Chargers should even be called Chargers. Not saying that I dont like the car, cause I really do. I just think they should of named it something different. Cause there really is no style connection between the original Chargers and the new ones. Like when you see a new Challenger or Mustang. If you compare them to their 60's model. You can see where their style comes from. Its not like that for the Charger

How do you get this?

From this???

The Story Behind My Avatar

Quote:
They show all the dumb kids with ghetto rigged Honda's. Im not hatin Honda guys, just stating facts here.
max2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:36 PM   #17
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

Send a message via AIM to jspek
aside from ken and sublime i dont know anyone with a domestic on here.

jspek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:37 PM   #18
OutToWinPAHC
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5081

My Ride:
R33 GTS25T, RHD E46, Truck, part R32 GTR

Send a message via AIM to OutToWinPAHC
Most of the time were spotting modified vehicles, most "modern muscle" cars on the road are stock. However here are some stock looking LS sleepers, Mopar year not so much.
OutToWinPAHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #19
Sublime1304
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15678

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspek View Post
aside from ken and sublime i dont know anyone with a domestic on here.
There's a bunch

Old 01-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #20
Sublime1304
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15678

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutToWinPAHC View Post
Most of the time were spotting modified vehicles, most "modern muscle" cars on the road are stock. However here are some stock looking LS sleepers, Mopar year not so much.
Modified mopars are becoming so popular. I go on a few charger and general LX forums and no two are alike