TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Subaru Talk
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-15-2017, 07:48 PM   #1
vegir41
Noob-Jersey

Member #22379

My Ride:
2005 legacy gt

Clutch install.HELP????

Hey guys my name is Nate,its been some time since I've posted here,Ive recently had my legacy GT Tuned by,Area 1320 MotorWorks,everything went great made good power,unfortunatley,a nervous run in with a Stingray vett,caused me to cook my clutch just a little,and the red light had that stupid irritating delay,i almost catapulted myself into the wind shield and intersection,so here I am needing to get my new clutch installed,As I've been embarrassing informed that I've been paying $250,$300 more to have my clutch installed. The guys that Tuned my car said they charge $400 to do a clutch install ,I am getting more work done,but I want the clutch done RIGHT first, without the EMPLOYEES GOING FOR RIDES beating on my car,aside from that There Shop is in Nazareth PA,not around the corner. Oh and check this out they can do it in a day,so no having to leave your car,See I appreciate guys in the Industry especially if they don't just treat you like your just money,myself and my son are Gear heads and the worst part is to teach my son to take Care of those that genuinely give a darn,like tipping,but sometimes don't get the appreciation and respect they should,so when we find a good shop we try to form lasting relationships.
Anyone with a good shop in mind that KNOWS SUBARUS Thats a must,i have much more work to come.
vegir41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #2
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

pay the 400 and get it done by the shop that you know the quality of their work. is it worth saving $100-$150 for questionable workmanship with your already modified subaru?
Old 12-05-2017, 08:49 AM   #3
05scooby
Tri-State Addict

Member #5723

My Ride:
19 Highlander SE

Send a message via AIM to 05scooby
I'd do it for 300 and I've done dozens of subarus including heavily modified legacy gt's wrx's and sti's and I'm a reputable ASE certified Tech.

04 Mercury Marauder - gone but not forgotten
2019 highlander SE
2021 Highlander XLE moon dust
05scooby is offline   Reply With Quote