TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Regional (Yup, Tri-State is really Five-State) > New York
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-16-2015, 11:21 AM   #1
PR FIEBRU
Noob-Jersey

Member #6794

My Ride:
1998 Lexus GS400

Is this site Dead?

Wow... I remember the days when these sites were single places you visited to find and share info on our rides and experiences.

They have been deserted !!
PR FIEBRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:56 AM   #2
cavillac95
Tri-State Addict

Member #16606

My Ride:
g37x - 370z - civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR FIEBRU View Post
Wow... I remember the days when these sites were single places you visited to find and share info on our rides and experiences.

They have been deserted !!
homepage hasnt changed since 2013
cavillac95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:10 AM   #3
saxon
Tri-State Addict

Member #21656

My Ride:
2015 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavillac95 View Post
homepage hasnt changed since 2013
Pretty sure when the site owner left pa is when this site started to go down hill
saxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:52 AM   #4
cavillac95
Tri-State Addict

Member #16606

My Ride:
g37x - 370z - civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxon View Post
Pretty sure when the site owner left pa is when this site started to go down hill
i did not know this

who is he?

can someone else take over?
Old 08-17-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

TROLL is the owner.

Doubt anyone would take over. The site hasn't gotten much press in the past couple years because there hasn't been a spring meet

Last edited by Big_Jim; 08-31-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Big_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:09 PM   #6
OBEEWON
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1315

My Ride:
Lansdale Local

Send a message via MSN to OBEEWON
What has happened down here?
As the wind has changed.
Clouds roll in from the north and it start to rain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OBEEWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:30 PM   #7
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
I think there are a few factors that have played into the downswing of TST.

The biggest factor, in my opinion, is the rise of social media. When TST started, there was no FB or IG, or other sites to mindless scroll through all day subconsciously. A lot of people headed to forums to pass the time at work or at home, and as a means to communicate with others in the area or with similar interests. Social media has done a great job at making this accessible to the masses, and its taken a chunk out of forum activity as a whole, especially those that aren't specialized in one specific hobby/interest.

The Spring Meet was an amazing event and always had a really positive impact for longtime members as well as new members and visitors. The event, for better or worse, because so successful that its size made it nearly impossible to find a venue for. The meet was historically free to attend, and then we shifted to a $5 per car admission cost, but expenses to hold the event at a venue that could hold the 2500+ cars we had was getting exorbitantly expensive. We busted our butts looking and found some potentially awesome spots, but just couldn't find a good balance of a proper venue at a reasonable cost. The Spring Meet, which was a 0 profit, all money donated to charity event was able to give $50k to charity in total over the years we held it and thats something to be really proud of. No one is more disappointed than I am about not holding it any longer.

And yes, I did move to FL, but did and have continued to operate the site just the same as always. I can't personally attend meets, but that was never really a part of effectively running the site. My activity has lessened, and I don't lead by example by contributing as regularly as I used to, and maybe thats a factory as well, but I know of many forums where the owner is non-existent to the public eye.

And I think the car scene has changed and turned over, maybe a couple times by now. I won't say if its for better or for worse, but I think the trends in the car scene now are far different than what they were 12 years ago when TST was started, and the difference between old and new might play in a bit here as well.

Just putting some thoughts out there... but if anyone is interested in getting involved at any level to try and get the ball rolling again here and see if we can pick up some speed and get old members back to check it out and new members interested, message me. Running TST has been incredibly challenging at times, but it has been great for the local community in a lot of ways, and its been a really positive thing overall.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:16 AM   #8
katsimbris
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #20575

My Ride:
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

^^^^

For what it's worth, thanks for the reply.

If I could echo, and elaborate on what you've said about social media, I think that social media has helped hyper-localize local meets (which is good - people getting together more often - and bad - it might hold back SOME networking and branching out), and much bigger meets are either brand specific, or more life-style (read: stance) oriented. For whatever reason, I feel THAT has seemed to go over Tri-State's purview.

To wit, a lot of my friends get meet information from Instagram, and dispense that information through local phone chats (not even through Facebook, actual phone messaging). It's kind of just the way it works right now.

And hopefully my elaboration hit the nail on the head as much your initial response did.

Mike K
katsimbris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:52 PM   #9
cavillac95
Tri-State Addict

Member #16606

My Ride:
g37x - 370z - civic

forums in general are in the sh*tter nowadays

facebook-instagram
Old 09-10-2015, 05:07 PM   #10
cxrock16
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2927

My Ride:
2004 es are tee four

Send a message via AIM to cxrock16
Used to love coming on here way better than fb or ig imho
Old 10-06-2015, 01:18 PM   #11
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
Althought I completely agree with Troll on the media shift, I'm gonna say the demographic shift that occurred over time had an effect.
People grow up and priorities change or hobbies change.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #12
cavillac95
Tri-State Addict

Member #16606

My Ride:
g37x - 370z - civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEJ20x View Post
Althought I completely agree with Troll on the media shift, I'm gonna say the demographic shift that occurred over time had an effect.
not true

grew up

priorities changed

hobbies stayed the same
Old 10-07-2015, 05:03 PM   #13
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Oh there's absolutely turnover but one would hope that for every person who grows out of it, another grows into it.

I think the guys who have been here long enough saw at least a couple waves of members, and there was even some tension over it from some of the older guys (who should really have been accepting of it all if you ask me).

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:30 PM   #14
~Brian~
Tri-State Addict

Member #1019

My Ride:
2014 Honda Accord V6, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2018 Yamaha R1

Longtime member here- Def remember this place when you refresh the page, there was an entirely different list of threads from just an hour ago.

And the fights... makes me miss King of Delco. haha
Old 11-29-2015, 12:15 AM   #15
ScoobyNubieToo!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #862

My Ride:
WRB 2004 WRX Wagon with 07 STI Trans and Longblock inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEJ20x View Post
BINGO! Just juggling so many things in life now that I barely have time to play around with my ol Subie. I haven't done an upgrade (outside of maintenance/wear and tear items) in over 5 years. just don't have the time or the $$ but I still enjoy the scene and miss all of the connections I had with people on here.
I didn't know you moved to Florida Bryan! Congrats because Florida is beautiful. Your touch has still lasted on my car as the 07 STI 6 speed trans you installed in my WRX wagon is still going strong!!!

ScoobyNubieToo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:10 PM   #16
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:
2008 Evo X GSR, 2002 Honda CRV

Send a message via AIM to 05Accent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brian~ View Post
Longtime member here- Def remember this place when you refresh the page, there was an entirely different list of threads from just an hour ago.

And the fights... makes me miss King of Delco. haha
i hear that..
With MIVEC Turbo
Daily-2002 Honda Crv Cruisin'
With Vtec
Quote:
Yea Junior you suck. Everyone boo this man!
Quote:
obviously you have an 05 accent and your picture is just your dream car.
05Accent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 12:26 AM   #17
SpendOne
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #144

My Ride:
1987 Mazda RX7 LQ4 Turbo

Send a message via AIM to SpendOne
I still mess with cars but on a more serious level. I have grown up, make more money which allows me to sink more money into the toys. Aside from that I have a family to take care of. I do miss the days of hanging out and cruising. I would be willing to still attend some kind of get together. I just wish we can get all the OGs back out for one meet.
1980 Ford Fairmont 4Dr
LQ4 Turbo AGAIN
SpendOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:14 AM   #18
cavillac95
Tri-State Addict

Member #16606

My Ride:
g37x - 370z - civic

hav more money now

still spend it on my car

but my car doesnt leave the garage nor do friends come over anymore