TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #941
07NHBPCivicSi
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5664

My Ride:
2007 Honda Civic Si

Send a message via AIM to 07NHBPCivicSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
You don't use an "assault rifle" to guard your home. It'd be silly, you'd wreck the place. A shotgun is really all you need for that.

Most own one for the hobby, go shooting at the range, and to exercise their dwindling 2nd amendment right.
yo dude a shotgun will devastate ur house, unless u shoot a slug which is just as dumb for home defense
07NHBPCivicSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #942
Shoolig
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5623

My Ride:
C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07NHBPCivicSi View Post
yo dude a shotgun will devastate ur house, unless u shoot a slug which is just as dumb for home defense
Depends what kind of shot you are using. Buck shot would tear up your home, but, pretty much anything else wouldn't do more than leave little holes everywhere. A .223 would tear **** up and go through several walls, including exterior ones... causing lots of expensive damage.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:14 AM   #943
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
Can u buy rubber or bean bag shotgu rounds? because once i have a house, depending on where it is, i may want a gun. But at the same time, if something did happen, Id rather not kill someone unless they were legit trying to hurt me and my family, and not just take our stuff. Also using non lethal rounds would prevent any of my own family from accidentally getting killed if i thought they were a robber (a tragic situation that has happened many times). Id like to use non lethal as a primary method (cuz that **** will still put someone down and give me control of the situation), and have a pistol and some real shotgun shells as a secondary and to keep the bad guy down once he had been stopped by the non lethal round. And I still get the intimidation factor of a shotgun. U know, pull out the pistol and say "that one wouldn't kill u but this one will so stay tha **** down and keep ur hands where i can see them". then id call the police and the perp would face trial. Also id probly have a katana as well just in case of close combat with armed bandits. (yes I have put alot of thought into this lol)
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:35 AM   #944
07NHBPCivicSi
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5664

My Ride:
2007 Honda Civic Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoolig View Post
Depends what kind of shot you are using. Buck shot would tear up your home, but, pretty much anything else wouldn't do more than leave little holes everywhere. A .223 would tear **** up and go through several walls, including exterior ones... causing lots of expensive damage.
o yea ur 100% right, but you would have a great story to tell when your friends and family come over haha
Old 03-29-2009, 09:58 AM   #945
07NHBPCivicSi
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5664

My Ride:
2007 Honda Civic Si

New Gun
Old 03-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #946
Archie
Tri-State Addict

Member #1637

Send a message via AIM to Archie Send a message via Yahoo to Archie
what is it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Archie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #947
Jeffros Spec V
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #263

Send a message via AIM to Jeffros Spec V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie View Post
what is it?
Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm Sub
Jeffros Spec V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #948
240sxDann
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1229

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to 240sxDann
So I was looking at Glocks. Are they any good? I know they have a hugely popular name, but again, I don't know much about them. I was looking at the G19, the compact 9mm, anybody have experience with them? The price doesn't seem to be half bad, and I wouldn't mind paying for a good quality product. Like someone here said before, a bigger cal isn't gonna do any good if you can't hit the target, and there are more then enough rounds to put someone down in that 9 lol
If you find a woman with zero drama issues or emotional baggage, check for a scar where her penis used to be.
Quote:
i finger myself to latin jazz sometimes
240sxDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #949
240sxDann
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1229

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to 240sxDann
Also, do you actually carry your gun in a holster on you, or just keep it in your car for example?
If you find a woman with zero drama issues or emotional baggage, check for a scar where her penis used to be.
Quote:
i finger myself to latin jazz sometimes
240sxDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:17 PM   #950
Jeffros Spec V
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #263

Send a message via AIM to Jeffros Spec V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxDann View Post
So I was looking at Glocks. Are they any good? I know they have a hugely popular name, but again, I don't know much about them. I was looking at the G19, the compact 9mm, anybody have experience with them? The price doesn't seem to be half bad, and I wouldn't mind paying for a good quality product. Like someone here said before, a bigger cal isn't gonna do any good if you can't hit the target, and there are more then enough rounds to put someone down in that 9 lol

Like others have said before. Go to a range that rentals guns and try a few out. Everybody has a glock but I hate how they feel.

Different guns suit people differently.
Jeffros Spec V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #951
07NHBPCivicSi
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5664

My Ride:
2007 Honda Civic Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffros Spec V View Post
Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm Sub
its actually a 40SW
Old 03-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #952
1988 Olds
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #201

My Ride:
2012 Chevy Cruze

Send a message via AIM to 1988 Olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxDann View Post
Also, do you actually carry your gun in a holster on you, or just keep it in your car for example?
It all depends. I would get your permit to carry and keep it on you when you want to. I would never just leave my gun in my car for any reason.

Dynoed at 237hp and 292lbs at the rear wheels.
Hmm ran 13.52 @ 103.42 11/10/06
1994 Hunter Green Acura Integra DB7, Stock
1988 Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #953
dragonfly2k3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4106

Ndubz, you are ****ing retarded. non lethal rounds are still lethal when used incorrectly, and the fact that you have exact quotes planned out and how you're going to feel so badass make me wonder if you are mentally fit to own a firearm. A katana? are you serious?

Bane, do you purchase your own ammunition? Is it department supplied? Are you allowed to carry a personal firearm if you dont like the issue? I know for awhile alot of police officers were complaining about their department supplied firearms/ammunition and not being effective enough.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #954
07NHBPCivicSi
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5664

My Ride:
2007 Honda Civic Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly2k3 View Post
Ndubz, you are ****ing retarded. non lethal rounds are still lethal when used incorrectly, and the fact that you have exact quotes planned out and how you're going to feel so badass make me wonder if you are mentally fit to own a firearm. A katana? are you serious?

Bane, do you purchase your own ammunition? Is it department supplied? Are you allowed to carry a personal firearm if you dont like the issue? I know for awhile alot of police officers were complaining about their department supplied firearms/ammunition and not being effective enough.
u cant change ur duty weapon(in the city dnt know about other counties), but u can carry whatever you want off duty
Old 03-29-2009, 06:12 PM   #955
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndubz View Post
Can u buy rubber or bean bag shotgu rounds? because once i have a house, depending on where it is, i may want a gun. But at the same time, if something did happen, Id rather not kill someone unless they were legit trying to hurt me and my family, and not just take our stuff. Also using non lethal rounds would prevent any of my own family from accidentally getting killed if i thought they were a robber (a tragic situation that has happened many times). Id like to use non lethal as a primary method (cuz that **** will still put someone down and give me control of the situation), and have a pistol and some real shotgun shells as a secondary and to keep the bad guy down once he had been stopped by the non lethal round. And I still get the intimidation factor of a shotgun. U know, pull out the pistol and say "that one wouldn't kill u but this one will so stay tha **** down and keep ur hands where i can see them". then id call the police and the perp would face trial. Also id probly have a katana as well just in case of close combat with armed bandits. (yes I have put alot of thought into this lol)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #956
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07NHBPCivicSi View Post
o yea ur 100% right, but you would have a great story to tell when your friends and family come over haha
it'd also make hanging shelves/pictures a little bit easier...house would be pre-drilled.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 03-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #957
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

so does anyone know who has some .40 s&w in stock? I just bought the last white box that my local walmart had. shelves have been bare in .40 and 9mm lately whenever i stop in.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 03-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #958
07NHBPCivicSi
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5664

My Ride:
2007 Honda Civic Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
so does anyone know who has some .40 s&w in stock? I just bought the last white box that my local walmart had. shelves have been bare in .40 and 9mm lately whenever i stop in.
go to cabelas..... or any gun range
Old 03-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #959
Bane
[TST] Police Officer

Member #8526

My Ride:
Will P.I.T. you

ndubz....what
Old 03-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #960
dragonfly2k3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
ndubz....what

LOL. Im not sure if this is a joke at his grammar or his intelligence, but either way it is hilarious. hahaha.