TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Networking: requests and offers
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
any tax people on here?

I was wondering if anyone on TST worked at an H&R block or similar place that could maybe help me file my taxes? I can usually do it myself but I have more things than usual to consider this time around and was just seeing if anyone could help me out!
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to poisonivory
i used turbotax and it was fine, just take your time and read everything if you do it yourself.

I used H&R my 1st year out of college and will NEVER again. I paid for them to do my taxes, yada yada..when I got my refund back it was $400 more than they said I would get. I then got a letter from the IRS with al kinds of legal jargain about the extra money I received. I thought they were saying I owed it back, so I called them. The guy said "that was just a courtesy letter. You qualified for that extra money and whoever oprepared your taxes missed it, this is just an advisory letting you know WHY you got extra money". So basicly I paid H&R block to do my taxes and they missed a little over $400, which nearly doubled my refund that year. Idiots. lol

I know it's not common for that to happen, but it was very bad 1st tax experience filing with them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
poisonivory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:05 AM   #3
WhiteXFire
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #305

My Ride:
2007 Infiniti G35x, 2008 MB SLK55 AMG

Send a message via AIM to WhiteXFire
http://www.taxcut.com

2004 Chrysler Crossfire - Gone
2007 Infiniti G35x Sedan -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG -
WhiteXFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:

Will that site do local, state, and federal??

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
Old 03-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
WhiteXFire
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #305

My Ride:

You can e-file your federal and one state return, but you can file up to 3 state returns total (the other 2 would be paper filed). You can also print & mail everything if you don't want to e-file. After you enter your federal info, it will automatically transfer into the states you specify. Depending on which option you choose, you can also get one free "Ask a Tax Advisor" session if you're stuck on something or have a question. If you just want them to do it for you and don't want to go somewhere to have it done, you can use Online Office and an H&R Block tax pro will do it for you.

You can try it out for free, you don't need to create an account or pay until you are ready to file.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:03 PM   #6
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:

Cool man, thanks for the info! I was just wondering because of the berkheimer one. I always get confused haha...

I'll figure it out though.

- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
Old 03-24-2008, 07:44 PM   #7
WhiteXFire
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #305

My Ride:

Well, if you have any questions about Taxcut, I can most likely answer them. I worked directly with the BA that designed the filing portion and the developer who wrote most of it for the last year and a half. I was responsible for part of the QA team that tested it.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:36 PM   #8
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:

Alright man awesome! I'll be filing within the next week. If I hit a snag, I'll let you know!

- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote: