TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Drifting
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-25-2008, 01:12 AM   #41
Keeper1343
Tri-State Addict

Member #5714

My Ride:
99 Honda Prelude... get some.

Send a message via AIM to Keeper1343 Send a message via Yahoo to Keeper1343
**** all that summer reading ^^^^
Keeper1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:53 AM   #42
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Send a message via AIM to ozthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiisass View Post
Scott, drifting is far from dead in the US. It's just D1 which really wasn't a big series. Besides a couple of the jap drivers, everyone who was really competing in the US D1 series was also competing in Formula D or at least NOPI.

For someone who claims to know about the economics of all this stuff, why are you not understanding why these races are shown at the times they are? I mean it would be great if they bumped NASCAR primetime stuff for a random race in a smaller series on a different continent just because you want to watch it, but that's not going to happen.
I think you are not separating actual argument and opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ozthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #43
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:
the one in the back of the shop

well i never said i believe in a "widespread" demographic(by the way i cant stand when people edit their posts, you wrote it the first time..stand by it) My only argumenet is that i dont think D1 was cancelled due to Nascar car being their compitition, but due to the reasons that Tim and Mike stated. I look at it this way, V8(the drink) and Red bull are both bevrages but while is some way im sure they are in some sort of compitition, i dont think they are in direct compition and they both seem to exist for a while. Just like i dont think that Hendricks Motorsports is worried about my shop takin their busniess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Vince@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:36 PM   #44
Wiisass
Tri-State Addict

Member #744

Send a message via AIM to Wiisass
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozthunder View Post
I think you are not separating actual argument and opinion.
Well then what's the argument and what's the opinion?

I saw it as you were saying that they should broadcast more racing series for no other reason than its what you want to see. So how would that argument hold up to anyone that doesn't 100% agree with you? That sounds more like opinion.

Just put the TIP In.

Wiisass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:50 PM   #45
axeldsm1
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1096

My Ride:
1997 4G64-T MIRAGE LS,1998 MIRAGE DE

Send a message via AIM to axeldsm1
nascar sucks ass!!!!!!!!! wat a waste of gas,oil,tires i honestly think its the most boring sport of the whole world more so then golf,ice skateing,bird watching and even more then curling at the winter olympics check out link to find out wat curling is http://www.infoplease.com/spot/winte...s-curling.html!!!!

!!!Am the boss!!!

1997 Mirage ls coupe with 4g64t
1998 Mirage de coupe my sexy daliy driver
1997 Infiniti g20 with sr20 redtop
1999 kia sephia the beast lol !!!!

Last edited by axeldsm1; 02-25-2008 at 06:00 PM.
axeldsm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:09 PM   #46
evomike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2578

My Ride:
03 duramax and a 04 evo

All this bashing of nascar and people saying it shouldn't get the airtime it does is rediculous, nascar is the biggest spectator sport in the world say what you want about it but you can't nock it cause you think its boring, and to say is a waste of oil tires and gas do you have any idea the sales that are generated from nascar advertising that's just a flat out dumb statement.
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:26 PM   #47
whitezenki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3121

My Ride:
1992 Nissan 240sx

Send a message via AIM to whitezenki
Quote:
Originally Posted by evomike View Post
All this bashing of nascar and people saying it shouldn't get the airtime it does is rediculous, nascar is the biggest spectator sport in the world say what you want about it but you can't nock it cause you think its boring, and to say is a waste of oil tires and gas do you have any idea the sales that are generated from nascar advertising that's just a flat out dumb statement.
Quoted For Thruth.

And try to go to a race, I got free tickets to Pocono Raceway last season.

Best 200 bucks I ever spent on beer. And that track sucks, I would love to go to Dover for a race.

You gonna drive it, or buy it a dress?

whitezenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:29 PM   #48
axeldsm1
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1096

My Ride:

yea nascar advertising only works on people who have mullets....I have never bought anything that had nascar's name on it! Everything i buy for my car is from japan i would rader buy car parts off ebay made by a ten year old kid in chinese kid then by anything thats advertised in nascar or is the offical product of nascar. lol

I wish the usa let real motorsports in america like Formula 1,Touring Car Championships,wrc,motogp. thats all i am saying!!!!!

!!!Am the boss!!!

Old 02-25-2008, 06:58 PM   #49
Wiisass
Tri-State Addict

Member #744

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeldsm1 View Post
yea nascar advertising only works on people who have mullets....I have never bought anything that had nascar's name on it! Everything i buy for my car is from japan i would rader buy car parts off ebay made by a ten year old kid in chinese kid then by anything thats advertised in nascar or is the offical product of nascar. lol
Wow, you're an idiot.

Now tell me you don't buy anything from this list of companies:
Allstate (Official Insurance)
AMD (Official Technology Partner/Official Microprocessor of NASCAR/ The Official Semiconductor Technology of NASCAR)
America Online (Official Internet Service Provider/Instant Messenger/E-mail)
APlus (Official Convenience Store)
Bank Of America (Official Bank, Checking, Savings, Credit/Debit, Mutual Funds and Security Brokerage)
Best Western (Official Hotel)
Budweiser (Official Beer)
Callaway Golf (Official Golf Ball)
Checkers/Rally's (Official Drive-Thru & Official Burger)
Chevrolet (Monte Carlo) (Official Pace Car, Official Passenger Car)
Coca-Cola (Official Soft Drink)
Combos (Masterfoods) (Official Cheese-Filled)
Craftsman Tools (Official Tools)
Dasani (Official Water)
Daytona USA (Official Attraction)
Diageo (Official Wine)
DIRECTV (Official Partner of NASCAR)
Dodge Charger (Official Passenger Car)
Domino’s Pizza (Official Pizza Company)
DuPont Performance Coatings (Official Finish)
Duracell (Official Alkaline Battery)
Eastman Kodak (Official Imaging Partner)
Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Offical Rent-A-Car Company)
Featherlite - Vantare (Official Trailers & Luxury Coaches)
Ford Trucks (Official Truck)
Freightliner (Official Hauler)
Gillette (Official Shaving Product)
Goodyear (Exclusive Tire Supplier)
Housby (Semi-tractor Distributor)
Ingersoll-Rand Company (Official Security Partner)
Kellogg's (Official Breakfast Food/Cereal)
M&M'S (Masterfoods) (Official Chocolate of NASCAR)
Minute Maid (Official Juice)
NicoDerm (Proud Sponsor of NASCAR)
Office Depot (Official Office Supply/Products Provider)
Oral B (Official Oral Care Product)
Old Spice (Official Antiperspirant & Deodorant)
Pedigree (Masterfoods) (NASCAR Fans' Best Friend)
POWERade (Official Sports Beverage)
Sirius (Official Satellite Radio Partner of NASCAR)
Sony (Official Consumer Electronics)
Sprint NEXTEL (Official Series Sponsor)
Sunoco (Official Fuel)
The Home Depot (Official Home Improvement Warehouse)
Tissot (Official timekeeper and Official Watch of NASCAR)
Top-Flite (Official Golf Clubs)
Toyota (Official Partner/Manufacturer)
Tylenol (Official Pain Reliever of NASCAR)
UPS (Official Delivery Service)
USG (Official Partner of NASCAR)
Visa (Official Card)

Those are all official sponsors of NASCAR. So if you use any of them, you're supporting NASCAR. Since you hate NASCAR so much, you should stop using any and all products on that list. If you have a VISA card, get rid of it and get AMEX or MC. If you drink Coke, switch to Pepsi. If you use AIM, switch to MSN.

Again, you're an idiot.

Just put the TIP In.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #50
axeldsm1
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1096

My Ride:

wat does this have to do with nascar sucking!!

!!!Am the boss!!!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:14 AM   #51
rocco
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1549

Send a message via AIM to rocco
say what you want win on sunday sell on monday
rocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:30 AM   #52
PhillyLS1
Tri-State Addict

Member #3221

My Ride:
00 Camaro SS 11 Mustang 11 GS Vette

Send a message via AIM to PhillyLS1 Send a message via Yahoo to PhillyLS1
Let first state that Nascar sucks. I'd rather watch F1 anyday.

Being in the military I was forced to travel around. Being from Philly it is a HUGE culture shock in the south. Even living in Virginia sucks. There is a culture down there you have to fight.

But the "general" public is not going to accept a bunch of guys percieved to be foreigners, in foreign cars basically doing burnouts around a track. All the glitz and showmenship that goes along with it either. The hype of Tokyo drift is over. It's back to drag racing, and Nascar.

I personally don't like drifitng. I understand the skill involved, just not my thing. But it is sad to see another motorsport go away.

-- Currently Home/Deployed.
PhillyLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:56 AM   #53
TurboTagTeam
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #275

My Ride:
constantly changes

^^^^^I've steriotyped people that drove cars like your and were car enthusiasts. Good to see that I was wrong in your case.
TurboTagTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:10 AM   #54
Wiisass
Tri-State Addict

Member #744

Is no one getting the point of this thread. D1GP USA is cancelled, that's it, no other drifting events are cancelled. There are still tons of local events, we're going to have at least 15 Clubloose Events at e-town this season. Formula D, the actual US Pro Drifting series is still going on as scheduled. NOPI Drift is also running as scheduled and should be a pretty decent series this year. As are tons of events all around the country. D1 does not equal all US drifting. I don't get why people don't understand that.

I don't know why this whole thread has turned to NASCAR and that everyone hates it. I could care less if you do, but if you think about it there's a lot more action in NASCAR than in what 95% of the people on here would choose to do with their cars. They turn their steering wheel, 4 times more per lap than you guys do in a run at the drag strip. I'm sorry, but I don't see how drag race fans say NASCAR is boring.

And I love all the comments about drifting from people who have no idea on what drifting is or how any of it works other than small clips you've seen on youtube or the fast and the furious. You're opinion really doesn't count. Well I guess it counts, but it's so far off base, that it isn't even relevant.

And for the last time, US drifting is not gone, it's not dead and for the most part, it doesn't really matter at all that D1 is not running a US series this year.

Just put the TIP In.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:28 AM   #55
jdmwill
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5436

My Ride:
daily s13 slammed drifty ready, drift car ae86 sr20 powered...20" mongoose for fun

i personally love all type of motorsports from dirt track to f1. nascar is a uncrontrollable juggernaut and it does represent the american car culture. i prefer to see them race in road courses than oval though. i mean come on do you know what it takes to control that beast of a car. by the way next time im at a meet with the hachi ask me to show you my cool intimidator #3 sticker its so rad.

now getting on point d1 is dead in the us but drifting is still here. in form of nopi drift,formula d,us drift and countless others. just because the original cant afford to be here it doesnt mean drifting is dead.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #56
marshallpre1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6445

My Ride:
N/A

Send a message via AIM to marshallpre1
People can bash NASCAR all they want. I WAS a basher, but now I can get into it. It is oval, and yes it APPEARS easy, but it's not. It's still a race- people trying to get to the finish line first. It would be nice to see more GT circuit racing, but it's all about economics. If you can't make money out of it, then it WILL disappear. Here's a non-racing example, but the idea is the same. The Supra was cut from the US market because of crappy sales. Was a Supra a great car? Depends who you ask. Would they keep it for the minority who thought it was at the time? No. The same with everything else. You may think NASCAR sucks, but it is the number 1 motorsport in the US. That is a fact; that is why it is on prime time.

I personally think watching drift events is boring, but I can show appreciation for it. The same should hold true for the haters and NASCAR. I agree that the best way to get the sport you want is to go to events and buy tickets/merchandise. Whining about it on a forum will do nothing.

Quote:
Originally posted by axeldsm1
You are an idiot. I guess you only overnight parts from Japan
1994 SC300 5MT- NA-T- PT61/AEM V1- future track car

Last edited by marshallpre1; 02-28-2008 at 03:46 PM.
marshallpre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #57
axeldsm1
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1096

My Ride:

normal shipping!

Nah i dont overnite parts form japan i use standard shipping on my parts from japan lol. Most of my parts are from japan some are from australia or i get them here but have to say made in japan. Also I only shipped ovenite from japan once in my life but i really needed that part for a carshow i was going to so yea nascar is still boring.

!!!Am the boss!!!

Old 02-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #58
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
NASCAR doesn't suck.

The drivers attitudes sucks, the NBC10 and FOX29 coverage sucks, the dimwitted "technical" explanations suck, and the overall racing from a veiwer standpoint isn't a lot of fun unless there is some action (restrictor plate races for instance).

NASCAR itself doesn't suck.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote