TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info

Notices

View Poll Results: Should pictures be mandatory in the cars FS section?
Yes, 2 or more. 30 83.33%
No. 5 13.89%
Um..sure. 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2011, 12:34 AM   #1
Domrok
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19530

My Ride:
02' Camaro SS, 05' SRT-4

Sales Rules Poll: Pictures

As per the discussion in the thread "Sales Rules Suggestion" I think we should add a rule that new postings in the cars for sale section should require *at least* 2 pictures when being submitted. No exceptions. I think it would benefit everyone, and this is coming from a user who has purchased vehicles through this forum. Thanks
Thats just silly talk, Not that im an Urban and Regional Geography Major or anything haha

Last edited by Domrok; 03-02-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Domrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:25 AM   #2
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

A suggestion for mandatory pictures has already been made.
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:36 AM
1slowteg
This message has been deleted by 1slowteg.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:37 AM   #3
Domrok
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19530

My Ride:
02' Camaro SS, 05' SRT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carministrator View Post
A suggestion for mandatory pictures has already been made.
Please re-read my initial post because you obviously didn't. This is just to get the "ball rolling" so to speak on this specific issue. Thanks

btw you took the time to post a noncontributory reply but didn't vote.
Thats just silly talk, Not that im an Urban and Regional Geography Major or anything haha

Last edited by Domrok; 03-02-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

I don't think you have been here long enough to make suggestions.

I do agree with you and would take it further. Atleast 1 pic of each of the following, front shot, side shot, rear shot, close up on a wheel, engine bay, interior front, and interior back.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:16 AM   #5
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post

I do agree with you and would take it further. Atleast 1 pic of each of the following, front shot, side shot, rear shot, close up on a wheel, engine bay, interior front, and interior back.
hahaha

What the hell is with everyone trying to make more rules?!?! If someone wants to put up a for sale ad for a car without pictures, so be it. It's ****ing stupid on their part because obviously they're not going to get any serious interest.

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
twastheglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Also, I myself just posted a for sale thread for wheel locks a couple days ago. And you know what, I didn't post pictures. They're out in my garage...which is plowed in by snow. I'm not going to go digging them out to get them just so people whom don't give a **** about buying them can feast their eyes upon them. If someone with interest wants to see them, then by all means. And I posted that in the thread.

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
Sberk06
Tri-State Addict

Member #2730

My Ride:
07 ZX6-R

Send a message via AIM to Sberk06
Idk. I think there should be like a day grace period before a mod. Can lock it.... sometimes people get random ideas to sell when they're not home yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
even your girlfriend thinks you're a ricer haha
Sberk06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sberk06 View Post
Idk. I think there should be like a day grace period before a mod. Can lock it.... sometimes people get random ideas to sell when they're not home yet.
I still disagree. It's their prerogotive to post pictures. Certain for sale items obviously will only sell with pictures, but that's the seller's problem. As I mentioned, I didn't. And I sure as **** wouldn't want my ad "locked/closed" because of something so gay.

EDIT: The post mentions the car for sale section, but I was speaking of the for sale section in general, but I still stand by not making new rules just for the sake of making new rules.

Quote:

Last edited by twastheglow; 03-02-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #9
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:
98 Trans Am WS7 | 01 Trans AM WS6 | 03 VW Golf TDI | 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (ZJ)

Send a message via AIM to PAFirefighter11
It's pretty obvious that if the post creator does not post photos, and is trying to sell their vehicle, they will not sell the vehicle. I think this is common knowledge. Let them waste their time.
Nikon D2x | Canon AE-1 | SB600 | Nikkor Lenses: 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 50 1.8 | 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | Dakine Sequence | Bogen/Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod | 3231 Monopod | 486RC2 head | AlienBees B1600 | etc.
FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
wow some of you jeep guys party hard
PAFirefighter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #10
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAFirefighter11 View Post
It's pretty obvious that if the post creator does not post photos, and is trying to sell their vehicle, they will not sell the vehicle. I think this is common knowledge. Let them waste their time.
x2. Agreed.

Quote:
Old 03-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #11
Domrok
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19530

My Ride:
02' Camaro SS, 05' SRT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
lol I've actually been visiting this forum frequently since 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sberk06 View Post
I like this idea...but it's making more work for the mods. The seller can just wait to put it up another day with pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twastheglow View Post
I still disagree. It's their prerogotive to post pictures. Certain for sale items obviously will only sell with pictures, but that's the seller's problem. As I mentioned, I didn't. And I sure as **** wouldn't want my ad "locked/closed" because of something so gay.

EDIT: The post mentions the car for sale section, but I was speaking of the for sale section in general, but I still stand by not making new rules just for the sake of making new rules.
I agree to disagree. I don't know about you but when I look for a vehicle on craigslist I check off that little "has image" option. Some forums not only require pictures, but a sign with the sellers net handle in each picture. I'm just suggesting 2 decent pictures for vehicles that are being listed for free to a car enthusiast specific crowd.

This is not "making new rules just to make new rules". This is the only thing I feel bothered enough about to make a suggestion, and I'm not the only one.

Quote:
They can't even have people post actual detailed listings and decent pictures...
Quote:
a suggestion: make pictures mandatory in a Classified ads. i mean it only makes sense. as buyers we should be able see what were getting before we buy.
Quote:
I second that.
Quote:
it should be taken a step further to actually show good pics, not some cell phone pic from last year. It would be doing the seller a favor in the long run because if your too lazy to make a good sale thread, why should someone belive you actually took care of your car in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAFirefighter11 View Post
It's also wasting other users time though.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #12
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domrok View Post
lol I've actually been visiting this forum frequently since 2007.
And you're just now "contributing" to the site? lol

Quote:
I like this idea...but it's making more work for the mods. The seller can just wait to put it up another day with pics.

I agree to disagree. I don't know about you but when I look for a vehicle on craigslist I check off that little "has image" option. Some forums not only require pictures, but a sign with the sellers net handle in each picture. I'm just suggesting 2 decent pictures for vehicles that are being listed for free to a car enthusiast specific crowd.
I certainly do not limit my CL searching to just things with pictures. And of all places...CL. I've seen so many pictures posted in ads that were taken in a way that completely hides any physical damages that you're looking for in the picture in the first place. If you serious about making a purchase and not just trolling, you're still going to go out and look at it and waste your time either way. The result ends up being the same with or without pictures.

I'm willing to bet the forums you speak of (and I'm a member on more forums that I'd prefer to admit to, LOL) are national forums. It's a bigger deal with you live in NY and are looking at a car in CA. It's not a quick jaunt across the bridge to take a look at the car.

I'm not implying pictures shouldn't be posted...quite the contrary. I certainly think they should. Especially if someone actually wants to sell the car. But I still don't feel it should be mandatory.

Quote:
This is not "making new rules just to make new rules". This is the only thing I feel bothered enough about to make a suggestion, and I'm not the only one.

It's also wasting other users time though.
Don't let things like an ad not having pictures bother you. Life is too short.

I'm not trying to give you ****, I'm just putting in my $.02.

Quote:
Old 03-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #13
Domrok
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19530

My Ride:
02' Camaro SS, 05' SRT-4

Quote:
And you're just now "contributing" to the site? lol

I certainly do not limit my CL searching to just things with pictures. And of all places...CL. I've seen so many pictures posted in ads that were taken in a way that completely hides any physical damages that you're looking for in the picture in the first place. If you serious about making a purchase and not just trolling, you're still going to go out and look at it and waste your time either way. The result ends up being the same with or without pictures.

I'm willing to bet the forums you speak of (and I'm a member on more forums that I'd prefer to admit to, LOL) are national forums. It's a bigger deal with you live in NY and are looking at a car in CA. It's not a quick jaunt across the bridge to take a look at the car.

I'm not implying pictures shouldn't be posted...quite the contrary. I certainly think they should. Especially if someone actually wants to sell the car. But I still don't feel it should be mandatory.

Don't let things like an ad not having pictures bother you. Life is too short.

I'm not trying to give you ****, I'm just putting in my $.02.
It's complicated.

I like the way you approached this even though you disagree with me *hand shake* lol
Old 03-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #14
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

And for the record, I'm simply giving reasons why it doesn't/shouldn't matter. I definitely am not one for making more rules where there isn't an honest "problem". But the fact of the matter is, I don't care either way. If I'm looking to buy a car, I'm not going to get upset, mad or bothered if an ad doesn't have pictures. I'll just move on to the next one. Also, I would never post a for sale thread for a car without pictures. Therefore this wouldn't pertain to me either way.

Quote:
Old 03-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #15
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
It's complicated.

I like the way you approached this even though you disagree with me *hand shake* lol
hahaha Ok.

Sorry...that wasn't my hand. Now a real hand shake.

Quote:
Old 03-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #16
Domrok
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19530

My Ride:
02' Camaro SS, 05' SRT-4

Quote:
If I'm looking to buy a car, I'm not going to get upset, mad or bothered if an ad doesn't have pictures.
Well I wouldn't exactly say I walk away from my computer and start punching walls haha
Quote:
hahaha Ok.

Sorry...that wasn't my hand. Now a real hand shake.
Ahh my bad I thought I had your index finger
Old 03-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #17
Mr.2jz-GE
Tri-State Addict

Member #16900

My Ride:
Turboless BMW e92

I agree, i hate the process of emailing/calling/texting/replying to post asking for pictures. and Who knows how long the response is.

*No Offense to people*
00 BMW 323ci e46-Totaled

07 BMW 328xi e92
Mr.2jz-GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #18
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Well I wouldn't exactly say I walk away from my computer and start punching walls haha

Ahh my bad I thought I had your index finger
Buuuuuuurn!

Quote:
Old 03-03-2011, 12:22 AM   #19
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
we are currently talking MANY things over within the TST staff. The For Sale section is one of them!

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #20
Domrok
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19530

My Ride:
02' Camaro SS, 05' SRT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
we are currently talking MANY things over within the TST staff. The For Sale section is one of them!
Great, I'm very content with the changes that have been made thus far.

Last edited by Domrok; 03-03-2011 at 03:42 PM.