TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > Welcome to TriStateTuners
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-28-2006, 11:09 PM   #1
RAVEN
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #1387

My Altezza, friends R32 Skyline, Type R, 180sx..PICS

hey..im from Stroudsburg, but im in the Airforce stationed in Japan right now. i come back in Novemeber. Anyways, i drive a 99 Toyota Altezza, which is being shipped to the states in september. Yes its right hand drive, and its boosted, etc. Anyways im hoping to meet up with some peeps from the area, as i have been away from the scene in the states for 3 years now. the street scene in japan is bananas! heres some pics . if u have questions feel free to ask. the R32 Skyline you see, used to be mine, but i sold it to my buddy for 2k.
I also have a 98 TT Supra which is my daily driver. But i hate it

in this pic im holding the ticket i got for doing 266km/h in a 50km/h zone haha

Last edited by RAVEN; 01-28-2006 at 11:12 PM.
RAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:11 PM   #2
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
Hey whats up? nice lookign cars hope to see your car when you coem back. Where you going to be livign at when you coem back?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
TalonTsi97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:13 PM   #3
DropTopChevy
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #242

My Ride:
2002 2.8 30V V6

Send a message via AIM to DropTopChevy
very dark pic, but welcome.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:13 PM   #4
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
nice, we have a couple people in FL, one in Vegas, but i didnt think we'd have someone from literally half way around the world. how'd you hear about the forum? i was in japan for a short stay about 2 years ago and the cars there are just nuts...
anyways glad to have ya and if you have any more photos post them, all those cars look real sweet.
bryan

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:13 PM   #5
RAVEN

Member #1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonTsi97
Hey whats up? nice lookign cars hope to see your car when you coem back. Where you going to be livign at when you coem back?
I will be going to either ESU or West Chester University hopefully.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:14 PM   #6
RAVEN

Member #1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
nice, we have a couple people in FL, one in Vegas, but i didnt think we'd have someone from literally half way around the world. how'd you hear about the forum? i was in japan for a short stay about 2 years ago and the cars there are just nuts...
anyways glad to have ya and if you have any more photos post them, all those cars look real sweet.
bryan
haha. i was just looking around the web and im from PA so i clicked on the link and here i am
Old 01-28-2006, 11:19 PM   #7
RAVEN

Member #1387

info on the cars:
Altezza: 1999 RS200 Z Edition
BEAMS 3SGE with Dual VVti
TODA stroker kit
SARD turbo kit
HKS cams, cam gears
Greedy Profec EO-1 Data Logger
TRUST E-Manage Ultimate ECU
18in RAYS custom wheels made in Magnesium
ADVAN Neova tires
HKS Hypermax coilovers
HKS exhaust
BRIDE seats
411rwps @1.2 Bar

Skyline:
Tomei Cams/gears
TRUST exhaust
R33 VSPEC II wheels
TRUST FMIC

Honda Integra Type R
JUN CAMS/GEARs
TODA stroker kit
Mugen Exhaust

180SX

S14 Kouki Silvia front end conversion
blacktop SR20DET from S15 Silvia
TOMEI cams/gears
RSR exhaust
19in RAYS wheels
KAZZ 2 way LSD
Old 01-28-2006, 11:25 PM   #8
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

talk to carbonis about your turbo kit and what his options are for his USDM IS300... he was thinking swapping a Supra motor and tranny in, but its a big and expensive project... if you're well versed in turboing the stock motor then i'm sure he'd love to talk to you about it... but it might be different motors between the US and Japan-- i really have no idea. maybe you can bring him back some goodies (or maybe you can bring me back some goodies!!)
bryan

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 01-28-2006, 11:40 PM   #9
RAVEN

Member #1387

Quote:
talk to carbonis about your turbo kit and what his options are for his USDM IS300... he was thinking swapping a Supra motor and tranny in, but its a big and expensive project... if you're well versed in turboing the stock motor then i'm sure he'd love to talk to you about it... but it might be different motors between the US and Japan-- i really have no idea. maybe you can bring him back some goodies (or maybe you can bring me back some goodies!!)
bryan
the altezza and the IS300 are two very different cars. the is300 has a 2jz NAwitha 5spd manual while the Altezza has a 3SGE with a 6spd. Originally my Supra was NA auto, but we swapped a 2JZGTE engine with a 6spd manual in for ****s and giggles.
The IS is also slightly longer than the Altezza, and naturally the Altezza is RHD.
As far as i know i will have the only street legal Toyota Altezza in america.

what kind of parts were you intrested in btw?
Old 01-28-2006, 11:50 PM   #10
Silverfc88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #126

My Ride:
88 RX7 TII, 2012 WRX hatch

Send a message via AIM to Silverfc88
What base is that? I used to be stationed at Yokota and I miss it dearly, just for the cars and the whole scene itself. Had a good time out there and got into alot of trouble at the same time. I was there for 2 years..
Streetport 13bt, Haltech Sprint RE, FIC 1150cc + Delphi 1000cc injectors, Walbro 255, Borg Warner s360 .88, HKS mani, JGS 50mm, Greddy FMIC, HKS Twin Power, AEM water/meth inj
Silverfc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:52 PM   #11
RAVEN

Member #1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95nracer
What base is that? I used to be stationed at Yokota and I miss it dearly, just for the cars and the whole scene itself. Had a good time out there and got into alot of trouble at the same time the 2 years I was there.
hey buddy. im at Kadena right now. actually im deployed right now to Al-Udeid AB in Qatar till june
Old 01-29-2006, 12:06 AM   #12
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

hey, i didnt know anything about the altezza... glad i'm learning something. i still think carbonis might be interested in talking to you about all his options and if you might be able to source anything worthwhile for him since you're obviously into the scene there.
bryan

|

Quote:

|
Old 01-29-2006, 12:09 AM   #13
RAVEN

Member #1387

Quote:
hey, i didnt know anything about the altezza... glad i'm learning something. i still think carbonis might be interested in talking to you about all his options and if you might be able to source anything worthwhile for him since you're obviously into the scene there.
bryan
not a problem. tell him to ask away!
Old 01-29-2006, 12:22 AM   #14
TurboTagTeam
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #275

My Ride:
constantly changes

Wow. You'r car is sick!!! I envy you. I actually allmost joined the marines right out of high school just so I could be stationed in Japan in my second tour.

I just spend over 1000$ for headlights(Re Amemiya) that you could probably get over there for 100$. How is the scene over there??? Everyone I know that has been there has told me that it's like a tuner's heaven. I'm going next year to the tokyo auto saloon hopefully.
TurboTagTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:38 AM   #15
RAVEN

Member #1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTagTeam
Wow. You'r car is sick!!! I envy you. I actually allmost joined the marines right out of high school just so I could be stationed in Japan in my second tour.

I just spend over 1000$ for headlights(Re Amemiya) that you could probably get over there for 100$. How is the scene over there??? Everyone I know that has been there has told me that it's like a tuner's heaven. I'm going next year to the tokyo auto saloon hopefully.
the scene is awesome. cheap parts, cheap cars. skylines are throwaways. people give them away for free! lol. i love it here, but all good things must come to an end someday.
lets put it this way..i bought my 98 Supra for 5k .....
its like being a kid in a candy shop
Old 01-29-2006, 12:39 AM   #16
Silverfc88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #126

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN
hey buddy. im at Kadena right now. actually im deployed right now to Al-Udeid AB in Qatar till june

Haha, alteast you get your three beers a night.

Whats your job?
Streetport 13bt, Haltech Sprint RE, FIC 1150cc + Delphi 1000cc injectors, Walbro 255, Borg Warner s360 .88, HKS mani, JGS 50mm, Greddy FMIC, HKS Twin Power, AEM water/meth inj
Old 01-29-2006, 12:41 AM   #17
RAVEN

Member #1387

Quote:
Haha, alteast you get your three beers a night.

Whats your job?
hahaha yeah your right!

im a 3S..i work Supply for the Services squadron
Old 01-29-2006, 12:47 AM   #18
Silverfc88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #126

My Ride:

Cool, good luck out there. Atleast its winter and its not as hot. I have a friend out there right now and he drives a green/purplish Mazda Cosmo 3rotor and he also owns an FD and just picked up a 90 Enfini FC. His name is Tony, a civilian and is the owner of TeamFC3S.org. Might have seen him around.

Hope to see you and the car around in the near future!
Old 01-29-2006, 04:06 AM   #19
RAVEN

Member #1387

Quote:
Cool, good luck out there. Atleast its winter and its not as hot. I have a friend out there right now and he drives a green/purplish Mazda Cosmo 3rotor and he also owns an FD and just picked up a 90 Enfini FC. His name is Tony, a civilian and is the owner of TeamFC3S.org. Might have seen him around.

Hope to see you and the car around in the near future!
yeah the temp isnt bad at all.

so your into mazdas huh..so you like RE parts...i have a set of gold 18in RE Wheels collecting dust in my dorm room........
Old 01-29-2006, 04:37 AM   #20
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
I'm gonna start off this welcome with the fact that i'm completely jealous...

OK now that thats out of the way, whats up? welcome to the forum...I'm the guy
that Troll was talking about, I've been throwing around the idea of boosting my IS
for quite some time now, i just can't gather the funds right at the moment nor can
I find any reliable information about different set-ups, maybe you could clue me in
on some things that are going on over there with IS300's? I know they're the altezza over
there and they're completely different, but I have heard of some good things
going on with actual IS300's over there.
Also, I have a carbon fiber rear lip from Seibon for an Altezza if ur interested (as
you know, it's too short to fit onto my rear bumper since the car is longer)

Look forward to talking to u and seeing you at the meets when you get back!

ps here's a pic of mine

both pics courtesy of Bryan Troll

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...

Last edited by CarbonIS; 01-29-2006 at 04:41 AM.
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote