TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 07-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #21
01 Trans-Am WS6
Tri-State Addict

Member #9111

My Ride:
LSB E46 M3-BBY Evo VIII-FD RX7-TB Evo VIII-AS Evo VIII-G35 S/C-B7 A4-410whpWs6-3kGT

Send a message via AIM to 01 Trans-Am WS6
TT looks good, a friend of mine out here in the Poconos has been shopping around for a TT motor to swap into his N/A. We even took a trip to Elmira, NY a few weeks back only to be hugely let down by the obviously half dead TT motor.

Do you still have the Mustang aswell?
01 Trans-Am WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #22
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:
17 Camaro 1LE || 17 Yamaha FZ10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 Trans-Am WS6 View Post
TT looks good, a friend of mine out here in the Poconos has been shopping around for a TT motor to swap into his N/A. We even took a trip to Elmira, NY a few weeks back only to be hugely let down by the obviously half dead TT motor.

Do you still have the Mustang aswell?
I just a '13 F150 FX4 Ecoboost SuperCrew (loaded, sunroof, nav, heated, and cooled leather seats, remote start etc) and this car.
GF has a '13 Focus ST with a tune, CAI, BPV, upgraded rear motor mount, and some other goodies.
We'll be finishing the PRO44/IT-S 944 over the winter to race next year. The F150 is the tow vehicle for that.
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #23
90blacktsiawd
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5662

Nice ttz sir! This makes me miss my old 93 tt. I had the same megan divorced downpipes/test pipes ending in a greddy cat back and it sounded great both inside and outside the car. A friend claimed it sounded like the gods reaching orgasm under full throttle.

What are your plans for tuning the beast once you get the injectors in there and up the boost? The ecu reflash services will usually include the pieces to re-do the boost jets in the car and up the stock turbos to around 15-17 psi where the stock turbos run out of steam. No aftermarket boost controller needed. There's a few reputable ecu services out there for you to choose from. http://jimwolftechnology.com offers a reflash, http://www.ashspecz.com offers booth reflashed ecu's and a more user tunable program called Zemulator and the last i know of which is also more user tunable is www.nistune.com

I had an ashspec ecu set up for the nismo 555cc injectors, the boost levels i mentioned above and remapped fuel and timing tables to allow to more boost to be run safely and i never had one hiccup with it. If your looking for something to drop in and forget about i highly recommend them.

You might want to add an intake to your list of upgrades as we all know turbos love to get the air in as fast as possible while singing that b-e-a-utiful song of theirs.

From browsing the forums it seemed your basic intake, full exhaust, upgraded intercooler/piping, injectors, tune and maxed out stock turbos would produce anywhere from 350-400 rwhp. Do you know if you have a turbo or na rear in the car? The na rears are geared a lot higher than the turbo models. 4.10 in the na and people claim any where from a 3.58-3.69 in the turbo rear. A na rear will help a good bit with low end acceleration

Ok i'm rambling now as i reminisce over my dearly missed z. Enjoy yours sir i'm officially jealous. It amazes me how cheaply you can pick up a decent ttz these days.
90blacktsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #24
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90blacktsiawd View Post
Nice ttz sir! This makes me miss my old 93 tt. I had the same megan divorced downpipes/test pipes ending in a greddy cat back and it sounded great both inside and outside the car. A friend claimed it sounded like the gods reaching orgasm under full throttle.
Nice!!

Quote:
What are your plans for tuning the beast once you get the injectors in there and up the boost? The ecu reflash services will usually include the pieces to re-do the boost jets in the car and up the stock turbos to around 15-17 psi where the stock turbos run out of steam. No aftermarket boost controller needed. There's a few reputable ecu services out there for you to choose from. http://jimwolftechnology.com offers a reflash, http://www.ashspecz.com offers booth reflashed ecu's and a more user tunable program called Zemulator and the last i know of which is also more user tunable is www.nistune.com
Nistune probably.

Quote:
I had an ashspec ecu set up for the nismo 555cc injectors, the boost levels i mentioned above and remapped fuel and timing tables to allow to more boost to be run safely and i never had one hiccup with it. If your looking for something to drop in and forget about i highly recommend them.
Heard good thing about ashspec, local tuner likes NISTUNE tho and it seems to be widely loved, so I'm going with that. Might do a socketed ECU as a base tho. We'll see.

Quote:
You might want to add an intake to your list of upgrades as we all know turbos love to get the air in as fast as possible while singing that b-e-a-utiful song of theirs.
It has an intake already, thought I listed that, doh!
Full list is, 95 motor (and all the new style goodies to go with it), intake, FMIC, ported stock turbo, stock exhaust

Quote:
From browsing the forums it seemed your basic intake, full exhaust, upgraded intercooler/piping, injectors, tune and maxed out stock turbos would produce anywhere from 350-400 rwhp. Do you know if you have a turbo or na rear in the car? The na rears are geared a lot higher than the turbo models. 4.10 in the na and people claim any where from a 3.58-3.69 in the turbo rear. A na rear will help a good bit with low end acceleration
NA rear. It likely makes about 300whp now and it'll rip the tires loose under throttle in 1st easily, sometimes second.
Car should make close to 400whp with the turboback, injectors, and tune (considering the ported turbos).

Quote:
Ok i'm rambling now as i reminisce over my dearly missed z. Enjoy yours sir i'm officially jealous. It amazes me how cheaply you can pick up a decent ttz these days.
Thanks!
Old 07-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #25
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

So I went to pick up new in box HPS pads, lines, and shims for front and rear today from a dude on CL.
Turns out he didn't have the right shim kit, so we forgot about it and changed the price... then I noticed the one box wasn't an HPS box... check in the box... HP Plus pads for the same price - SCORE!

Ordered the front rotors (rears are fine and usable), and shims tonight. Brake buying is done
Old 07-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #26
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Another $200 spent here...
Old 07-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #27
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Looks like I'll be installing *at least* the springs/shocks this weekend. The brakes too if the rotors and shim kit come in time
Old 07-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #28
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

So the 3 auto parts stores I usually go to locally all were out of spring compressors this weekend. How does that even happen?

Anyway, I decided I'll wait til all parts come in, and do the front bushings, FUCAs, Tension rods, RUCAs, springs, shocks, and all brake items in 2 weekends. I'll have it all by then and my gf will be working that weekend so I'll be free to be in the garage most of the day.

*edit* - Rotors, shims, and LED kit came in the mail today

Last edited by Seven; 07-16-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #29
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Ordered the last of the brake parts today.
Received my suspension bushings yesterday, waiting for the box with the FUCAs, RUCAs, and Tension rods to come in...
Also found a deal on 2 new condition Bridgestone RE760s (which is the tire I planned on buying anyway) in the right size for me for $200 (265-35-18), just have to order 2 more.

Last edited by Seven; 07-23-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #30
akley88
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #18685

My Ride:
2014 Altima

this makes me want a 300zx so much.
akley88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #31
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Ball Joints arrived yesterday.
Patiently awaiting my brake shim kit and the FUCAs, RUCAs, and Tension Rods. Hoping they get here tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:45 AM   #32
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

So I spent about 10 hours, disassembling/cleaning the car. The FUCAs, Tension rods, Front Lower Control Arms (for the bushings and ball joints), springs/shocks, front brake rotors and pads are all out up front...
Out of the rear I have the RUCAs springs/shocks, and brake pads.

I don't have a press or the ball joint tool so I'll be dropping the control arms off with a local shop to have the bushings and the ball joints swapped out. While that's being doing I'll swap the tail lights to the JDM ones, and then once I have them back I'll start re-assembling.

Pic of the strewn about garage...

Last edited by Seven; 08-05-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #33
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Control arms with the Ball joints and bushings dropped off today for replacement.
Game plan is to get this thing together by end of the next weekend and drive it a LOT before the end of fall.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #34
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

JDM Tails are on...

Having problems getting the strut mounts off the rear struts as the piston keeps spinning so the nut isn't coming loose - Going to see if the local firestone will loosen them for me tomorrow
Old 08-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #35
CherryBomb
Tri-State Addict

Member #6479

My Ride:
96 Nissan 300ZX TT, 12 Infiniti FX35, 12 Infiniti G37xS

If I can make a suggestion, Nistune is a great program but I can't seem to find anyone besides the shop that put it in that uses it. I wanted to get a re-tune and NOBODY has access to it. The shop I used originally and I aren't exactly thrilled at the idea of working together again, so I'm kind of out to dry on this.
CherryBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #36
Mera87
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #26162

My Ride:
Will get me arrested in Italy

The 300Zx has always been one of my favorite cars from Nissan, got the pleasure to drive one once and have always wanted one,
Mera87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #37
enohand
Tri-State Addict

Member #2644

My Ride:
1996 p10

Send a message via AIM to enohand
mike in DE (JTUNE performance) knows how.

also i belive they have a tuner license
enohand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:02 AM   #38
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
If I can make a suggestion, Nistune is a great program but I can't seem to find anyone besides the shop that put it in that uses it. I wanted to get a re-tune and NOBODY has access to it. The shop I used originally and I aren't exactly thrilled at the idea of working together again, so I'm kind of out to dry on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enohand View Post
mike in DE (JTUNE performance) knows how.
also i belive they have a tuner license
So 2 things regarding these posts...

1 - Note my location ;)
2 - http://www.driftoffice.com/ <-NISTune tuner ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mera87 View Post
The 300Zx has always been one of my favorite cars from Nissan, got the pleasure to drive one once and have always wanted one,
Thanks
====================================

Update for today - Got the RUCAs in, rear struts/springs in as well.

Up front we got the FUCAs halfway in, and we put the LCAs on the wrong side (doh!) - so Friday I'll switch them and then finish up the tension rods and springs/shocks.

We also found out that while my Front brake pads are correct. My rears aren't (they're actually another set of fronts )

So I'll have a set of Hawk HPS fronts for sale (tell your 240sx friends) and I'm next-daying a set of Hawk HPS rears to my house for friday.

Oh and my buddy did this... jerk... (Yes I'm going to remove it)

Last edited by Seven; 08-29-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #39
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Sold the brake pads that were wrong in like 4 hours haha - I also ordered the right ones and had them next day'd to me. Should arrive today.

Worked for a little bit by myself last night and swapped the LCAs to the correct sides and connected the tension rods. Connected the FUCAs on the pass side, having some trouble getting them to fit on the driver's side, need a spare set of hands to get it done right I think. Basically everything is just finger-tight for now as I'm not sure if we'll need to move stuff around more.

Tonight I'll have a friend or two to help and we'll do the following...
-Put driver's side FUCA in
-Put rear shock gaskets in (put in the shocks but realized we forgot the gaskets, this should only take 2 mins a side)
-Install front shock/spring assemblies
-Tighten all suspension components
-Install rear brake pads and re-assemble rear calipers
-Install front rotors
-Install front brake pads
-Put wheels and tires on and drop if off the jack stands
-Re-assemble rear deck area (optional really)

Hopefully Saturday I'll drop the car off for a brake fluid flush, brake line install, and alignment
Old 08-31-2013, 02:41 AM   #40
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Marking what's left here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Tonight I'll have a friend or two to help and we'll do the following...
-Tighten all suspension components
-Install front brake pads
-Put wheels and tires on and drop if off the jack stands
-Re-assemble rear deck area (optional really)
Above is what's left. Going to tackle it in the morning and then drop it off for an alignment and new fluid/lines