TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 07-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #21
Nors
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2210

My Ride:
2011 VW GTI

Send a message via AIM to Nors
This petition will not work.

And to add to the above comments Its not fats that are the issue its HFCS and other artificial crap. Good book on this matter is In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto - Michael Pollan
2002 Volkswagen GTi - Sold |1995 Honda Accord - Sold | 1993 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD Project - Sold | 1996 Acura Integra RS - Sold

Last edited by Nors; 07-29-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Nors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #22
sleepersatty99
Tri-State Addict

Member #4142

My Ride:
99 saturn sl2

If we take the time to look Canada's health care system. it took them years to get everyone healthy. but they did it. and they continue to provide PREVENTIVE care to everyone,And that has driven down the cost of all medical related items such as prescriptions and hospital bills and all. I thin we just need to take a step back and plan this out carefully and not rush into something

your suffering will be legendary even in HELL!!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
sleepersatty99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #23
OutlawzPrez
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5364

My Ride:
1991 Silvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proven View Post
(Not trying to bash, seriously, just want information)

So Obama is trying to give free health insurance to non-US citizens like illegal imagrants? Where is this writen BY Obama?

Maybe you can sway me, or maybe I can sway others reading this that this Petition is fueled by feelings and thoughts that aren't true / or twisted truth like how Obama is a terrorist and not a US citizen...

What system do we have for people who can't afford healthcare?

(Again, I'm not trying to bash, just trying to find the truth rather then listening/believing he said, she said, slash wisper down the lane information)
People that can't afford health care can goto the local county assistance office. You can apply for health care/dental or temporary health care if you can't afford it. I should know, I've done it once when I lost my job. also children in Pa get free health care up until their 18yrs old or done school depending on their families situation.

Obama Health Plan to Cover 12 Million Illegals

"On Friday, Democrats moved one step closer to giving free health insurance to the nation’s estimated 12 million illegal aliens when they successfully defeated a Republican-backed amendment, offered by Rep. Dean Heller, R-Nev., that would have prevented illegal aliens from receiving government-subsidized health care under the proposed plan backed by House Democrats and President Barack Obama."

This information can be found at http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/hea...19/237484.html

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO PAY FOR A BORDER HOPPER'S HEALTHCARE? YES/NO? WHAT IN THE WORLD IS OBAMA THINKING! I DON'T WANT 50% OF MY PAYCHECK GOING TOWARDS THIS BILL. AND IF I DON'T AGREE WITH IT OR GET ANY WHAT SO EVER COVERAGE I'LL BE FINED $2500 YEARLY. WAKE UP PEOPLE THIS IS AMERICA NOT CANADA OR CHINA. DO YOU REALLY WANT BIG GOVERNMENT & BUREAUCRATS MAKING YOUR HEALTH CARE DECISIONS & DETERMANING WHATS GOOD FOR YOU?! DO YOU REALLY WANT PEOPLE LIKE ACORN HELPING OUT WITH THIS & DO YOU REALLY WANT THE GOVERNMENT KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION ON FILE IN DC?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by OutlawzPrez; 07-29-2009 at 07:06 PM.
OutlawzPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #24
4DR_DB7
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #13599

My Ride:
97 Acura Teg

Yeah, because signing this is really going to make a difference. :D

Lesson on how to change the world:

Step 1: Turn off your computer. No one ever changed the world by posting threads on internet forums, fyi.
4DR_DB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #25
OutlawzPrez
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5364

My Ride:
1991 Silvia

Fyi this petition is legit.

OutlawzPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #26
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawzPrez View Post
Fyi this petition is legit.
The petition might be legit, but the problem is if anyone is actually going to give a ****.

I don't think so.

Nope, wait...

Nvm, no one gives a **** yet.

Renegade_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #27
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Quote:
Best question. Try finding out exactly what it is Obama is trying to do before denying it. Or did you just blindly sign it? Are you 100% educated enough to know EXACTLY what it is Obama is trying to do? Or are you just trying to stop something? <
I'm thinking realistically, how will this program be funded, what will that do to people in the US? If you charge people more tax, they have less money to spend, guess our economy is taking another plunge.

You meanwhile seem to be siding with this plan and Obama not thinking about these things, just buying into the fairytale oasis that's being sold to you by the media.
CleanNeon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:34 PM   #28
sleepersatty99
Tri-State Addict

Member #4142

My Ride:
99 saturn sl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
I'm thinking realistically, how will this program be funded, what will that do to people in the US? If you charge people more tax, they have less money to spend, guess our economy is taking another plunge.

You meanwhile seem to be siding with this plan and Obama not thinking about these things, just buying into the fairytale oasis that's being sold to you by the media.
look at it this way. if i was paying 300 bucks every pay check just for my health insurance. and they raise my taxes lets say another 100 bucks more just to pay for health care that lets everyone be a part of it and NOT turned down for a prexsiting( i.e smokeing, or back problems) like all of the the insurance companys do now.

If you think about it i will be putting an additional 200 bucks back in my pocket. so yes this will work for alot of people who live in this country.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #29
importpower99
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5620

My Ride:
2012 Xterra Pro 4X

Why would a president sign try to get a bill passed allowing illegals to get health care? That is the question
importpower99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #30
bastid
Tri-State Addict

Member #1732

My Ride:
2008 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepersatty99 View Post
Just so you know MOST of the countries who you seem to think don't eat ****ty foods. In fact eat more foods higher in fats then we do. look at 3/4 of of the euro countries. there cooking methods and prep methods have more fats to them as well as sugars.
On average they are thinner in Europe. They must have alien biological processes churning through that terrible food...

Quote:
So you don't think getting a universal health care system would give man people the preventive care needed for the county to become healthy?
and be able to control all the variables within a certain time frame?
Preventative care rests solely on the patients being compliant with routine care. Until the government forces diabetics to receive HGBA1C lab tests, foot exams, diabetic eye exams, and insulin on a regular basis, they will not have any control over the variables.
bastid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #31
bastid
Tri-State Addict

Member #1732

My Ride:
2008 BMW M3

Quote:
look at it this way. if i was paying 300 bucks every pay check just for my health insurance. and they raise my taxes lets say another 100 bucks more just to pay for health care that lets everyone be a part of it and NOT turned down for a prexsiting( i.e smokeing, or back problems) like all of the the insurance companys do now.

If you think about it i will be putting an additional 200 bucks back in my pocket. so yes this will work for alot of people who live in this country.
This assumes that you will receive the same level of care through the ObamaCare plan than your current commercial plan. Also, if you are paying the government less, you can bet your bottom dollar that the government will pay the doctors less. If you pay the doctors less (who are already getting whacked on their reimbursements annually as costs increase), they will stop accepting government insurance. It's already happening at a lot of practices refusing Medicare patients.
bastid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #32
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
President Obama isn't writing this Bill, therefore it isn't his Bill. All he can do is sign one of MANY bills being proposed to the house of representatives to law or veto it. What you are proposing you sign this petition against is far from the truth. Also, there are MANY private insurance companies in Britain and Canada that provide additional health care on top of the basic care the government provides. There are huge industries that depend on how little a government plan would cover. Get the facts straight.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:29 PM   #33
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Quote:

Don't see anything wrong with that, they are just trying to make sure you won't cost them more than you make them (they are out to make money too you know). Car insurance works the same way.
CleanNeon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:15 AM   #34
Proven
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1547

My Ride:
99 RS-WRX

Send a message via AIM to Proven
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawzPrez View Post
People that can't afford health care can goto the local county assistance office. You can apply for health care/dental or temporary health care if you can't afford it. I should know, I've done it once when I lost my job. also children in Pa get free health care up until their 18yrs old or done school depending on their families situation.

Obama Health Plan to Cover 12 Million Illegals

"On Friday, Democrats moved one step closer to giving free health insurance to the nation’s estimated 12 million illegal aliens when they successfully defeated a Republican-backed amendment, offered by Rep. Dean Heller, R-Nev., that would have prevented illegal aliens from receiving government-subsidized health care under the proposed plan backed by House Democrats and President Barack Obama."

This information can be found at http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/hea...19/237484.html

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO PAY FOR A BORDER HOPPER'S HEALTHCARE? YES/NO? WHAT IN THE WORLD IS OBAMA THINKING! I DON'T WANT 50% OF MY PAYCHECK GOING TOWARDS THIS BILL. AND IF I DON'T AGREE WITH IT OR GET ANY WHAT SO EVER COVERAGE I'LL BE FINED $2500 YEARLY. WAKE UP PEOPLE THIS IS AMERICA NOT CANADA OR CHINA. DO YOU REALLY WANT BIG GOVERNMENT & BUREAUCRATS MAKING YOUR HEALTH CARE DECISIONS & DETERMANING WHATS GOOD FOR YOU?! DO YOU REALLY WANT PEOPLE LIKE ACORN HELPING OUT WITH THIS & DO YOU REALLY WANT THE GOVERNMENT KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION ON FILE IN DC?!
Read the rest of the article, the first paragraph is twisting the truth into a fear baring statement like as if "Obama wants to give free health care to 12 million Illegal aliens" I'm guessing a lot of people still think Obama is a terrorist, or That he wasn't born in America. Those twists of the truth or straight up lies didn't work then but they will never stop unfortunately.

The un-twisted truth is - Illegally, Illegal aliens can get real drivers licenses and even SS cards Illegally so that they can "become" US citizens (an estimated 12million). Under Obama's plan ALL Americans will be included for this healthcare plan. This is something being worked on and something the democrats clearly wouldn't want (including Obama) as stated in the article. Also this isn't something wrong with the bill, its something wrong in a whole other department.

1. Is 50% of your paycheck going to pay for this bill? Where’s that written?

2. Are our medical records being store in DC? Where’s that written?
Old 07-30-2009, 05:03 AM   #35
Proven
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1547

My Ride:
99 RS-WRX

Send a message via AIM to Proven
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post

Actually most of the media I've heard on this was negative and twisted truth like I showed above. I actually don't believe everything I hear.

Alot of Americans already pay for health insurance and pay way too much, or the company they work for has to hence why alot can't offer it. Health insurance cost have slowly raised solely do to greed of Hospitals, doctors, and of course insurance fraud. Doctors/Hospitals over testing just to bill your insurance company more. Now of course as shown people will say "sh** man I want all the tests possible just in case" yeah, of course, but SOMEONE has to pay for it (your insurance company, you pay say 12k a year for coverage and the doctor just ran 15k in tests in one week). The insurance companies raises rates to keep up (not to mention there’s also un-justifiable greed on the insurance companies part in cases)..

Do you see anything wrong with that? How would you fix it?

Obama's plan - Control health care himself because obviously insurance companies and Hospitals/doctors can't do it ethically/effeciantly. allow tesing ONLY for necessary needs (this is where the twisting came up with rationing, or being turned down for testing by making it sound like Obama wont allow all tests NEEDED to be done ) Eventually health care coverage costs will lower once all the BS is gone. Right now, if more comes out of our checks so be it, but SOMETHING has to be done to try and fix it.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:28 AM   #36
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

Quote:

What about me? I don't pay one penny into health insurance, now I will be forced to pay up. It is just plain wrong. I avoid doctors unless I feel like I am dying, then I pay up or work off the bill. Now I will be forced to pay for folks who abuse the system and go to the emergency room for a paper cut?
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:51 AM   #37
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

While I'm not going to get in to the "illegals coverage" aspect of this, largely because nobody in their right mind would include that straight up in this bill (they'll sneak that by in another bill as Obama said that illegal children still need and will get the coverage in multiple interviews that he has done), I do want to address two things...

Quote:

Obama's plan - Control health care himself because obviously insurance companies and Hospitals/doctors can't do it ethically/effeciantly. allow tesing ONLY for necessary needs (this is where the twisting came up with rationing, or being turned down for testing by making it sound like Obama wont allow all tests NEEDED to be done ) Eventually health care coverage costs will lower once all the BS is gone. Right now, if more comes out of our checks so be it, but SOMETHING has to be done to try and fix it.
I guess that you got tired of being fact checked in the other thread, so here, I'll repost it to make sure you're still doing your reading. You got through 100 pages and nothing struck you as unethical and inefficient?

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...=f:h3200ih.pdf

Are you really that bat**** insane that you think spending a trillion dollars of taxpayer money is going to save money on health care? This is just fan****ingtastic. I can't believe that you really think this. I'm shocked and appalled. Jesus christ open your god damn eyes and READ THE ****ING BILL ALREADY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nfl1kt View Post
President Obama isn't writing this Bill, therefore it isn't his Bill. All he can do is sign one of MANY bills being proposed to the house of representatives to law or veto it. What you are proposing you sign this petition against is far from the truth. Also, there are MANY private insurance companies in Britain and Canada that provide additional health care on top of the basic care the government provides. There are huge industries that depend on how little a government plan would cover. Get the facts straight.
Interesting. So the health care reform bill won't be Obama's bill, but the bills that came out of the Bush administration were all Bush's?

And yes, you are absolutely right about the government not covering everything in other countries. The bills purposed here also have annual limitations, and different tiers each with their own individual and family limitations (for example, $5,000 individual, $10,000 family). Also, IF the bill is passed, I will be keeping my private health insurance. However, in 5 years, when all of the insurance companies have to strictly abide by the government rules (that's in the bill too), I will probably end up switching to the ****ty government ran health care since my private is going to be the same. You know, they have to keep things competitive so the private industry could never be able to run better. Or perhaps, GASP, the government gives themselves advantages that the private industry does not have! Oh, they wouldn't do that. Would they?

You can read about all of this in the above link to HR 3200.

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 07-30-2009 at 08:09 AM.
ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:01 AM   #38
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
if you think that then how come other countries can do it and yet still drive down there health care? So based on what you just said prescriptions are just supply and demand? so they keep increasing the price for that reason?
So that gives the hospital the right to charge somebody 25 bucks for an aspirin? This is the best and i love this. if you had to pay a doctors or hospital bill out of pocket they would charge 40% to 50% more Then that of a bill sent to someones health care provider. and this is a known fact and i have seen many of my hospital/doctors bills when i having issues with my back. and the difference was amazing at what i would have had to pay if i didn't have insurance.

So tell me how is this fair?
That is business. You complain about paying $25 for Aspirin when we will go to the bar and pay $4 a beer. $100+ for Jordins. Only when it is something you don't want to pay for is there a problem with the system...

Bottom line, the governmant cannot step in and tell us how to run business. If they keep stepping in, eventually they will run everything. Once they start, it just snow balls.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:03 AM   #39
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmike View Post
What about me? I don't pay one penny into health insurance, now I will be forced to pay up. It is just plain wrong. I avoid doctors unless I feel like I am dying, then I pay up or work off the bill. Now I will be forced to pay for folks who abuse the system and go to the emergency room for a paper cut?
There are a few good people out their that pay their bills, but what will you do if you slip and break your leg. You honestly think you can cover that bill? Thats the problem. 99% of the time people can pay the bill, but that one big injury you have in your life will cripple you.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #40
sleepersatty99
Tri-State Addict

Member #4142

My Ride:
99 saturn sl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
That is business. You complain about paying $25 for Aspirin when we will go to the bar and pay $4 a beer. $100+ for Jordins. Only when it is something you don't want to pay for is there a problem with the system...

Bottom line, the governmant cannot step in and tell us how to run business. If they keep stepping in, eventually they will run everything. Once they start, it just snow balls.
yeah well i dont pay 4 bucks for and 100 bucks for jordins cause i think thats ****ing joke.

and back on the aspirin thing. they want to charge ME that. but not the insurance company? how is that fair?

PoolMike.... If you had a serious injury that you would need surgery im pretty sure you wouldnt be able to pay out of pocket for that. then you in the hole like so many others out there.