TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Exterior, Interior, and Electrical
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 10-20-2010, 11:44 PM   #1
pio.jimmy
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #17970

My Ride:
Chick Car..

Legal tint

I was talking with someone about tint, and they told me its legal to have 20% on your driver and passenger windows. Is this true?
pio.jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Get off you ass and look it up. Tint isn't rocket science.

Last edited by jpalamar; 10-21-2010 at 08:20 AM.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:28 AM   #3
Burnt2Death
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #17935

My Ride:
Whatever I feel like.

PA State tint laws were written wrong. It says only 70% in the law. However you can o as dark as you want because the law was misprinted and written wrong and says you only need one visible window. Front windshield actually counts as that one window... You may get pulled over and harassed but it would be dropped in court if you just plead not guilty.

Pa tint laws are not defined very well, and with tint there is a grey area. If you look at any Pennsylvania county, state or municipality website, they all state that window tinting is illegal. But if you read the statute
TITLE 75 Section 4524 (e)(1) of the Pennsylvania Common Statutes states that

(1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any sun screening device or other material which does not permit a person to see or view the inside of the vehicle through the windshield, side wing or side window of the vehicle.

Now read it closely and look at the magic word underlined
the way the law is stated it is only requiring that a person be able to see the inside of the vehicle either through the windshield, side wing OR side window. If the word "and" was used instead of 'or' it would require viewing through all of the mentioned windows. but it does not. If you do not have your windshield tinted than you can see thru one of the mentioned windows. Side wings are omitted becuase they are no longer placed on vehicle during production.

Take this to court with you while in PA if you get pulled over for tint. I have given this information to many of my friends who have had their windows tinted, many of them have been pulled over and all have won their court case.

Plus tint is not an ispection law in PA, there for since it is not aginst the law and it is not an inspection rule, if a cop pulls you over for tint in PA, he has pulled you over illegaly, and if he uses a tint meter on your car he has obtained evidence illegaly and it is not permissable in court.
Burnt2Death is offline   Reply With Quote