TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 08-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
240sxDann
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1229

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to 240sxDann
So what offset wheels should I go for? (S13 240sx)

1993 s13 coupe. I've heard different things for offsets, so I guess it depends on what size wheels your running? I want to run 18x9's all the around. (Well I'd REALLY like to rock 18x9's on the front and 18x10's on the back but I dont want to run like huge overfenders) What would be a good offset to look for to get flush? I've heard 0 offset is the best but I havn't really gotten any precise answers on zilvia and I dare not ask because I'd get flamed to look at "x thread" and that thread isn't giving me the answers I want!
If you find a woman with zero drama issues or emotional baggage, check for a scar where her penis used to be.
Quote:
i finger myself to latin jazz sometimes
240sxDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
GOULET
Tri-State Addict

Member #8212

My Ride:
LS430

You'll definately need to roll your fenders for 18x10s in the rear and 18x9 in the front. It all really depends on your offset too. Even 18x9 with a low offset in the rear will need to be pulled. what kinda wheels are you lookin at? you can always buy my ssr's that are in the for sale section. theyre 17x9 and 17x8. shameless plug i know lol
GOULET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:33 PM   #3
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
If you're unsure, you can always pick a safe offset and then use some small spacers.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
i'd def go staggered widths (wider in the rear than in the front) for both the look and the performance. offsets do depend on widths like you said. i'm sure there are some threads on 240 forums with common wheel fitments so try and search there, but also come back here and post what you find becuase i dont know.
i doubt a stock body 240 will run a 0 offset... people might say its the 'best' because its really aggressive and would have a wide stance and big lip, but its not for the faint at heart or for the stock bodied i dont think.
look at other peoples offsets and see what they're running to get an idea of what you can do...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
Adam496
Tri-State Addict

Member #906

What kind of wheels are you going for? Something where you can pick your offsets or like emotion Cr Kai that comes in specifics? Do you wanna run a stretched or a meaty tire. More info would help

18x9 in the +12 range is a decent fitment. You can get away with roll and minimal camber.

I have 18x10+5 out back with overs. I could have gotten away with a giant pull with camber but it fits nice with a 285
( I know its a s14 but it has similar fitment)

Last edited by Adam496; 08-23-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Adam496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:57 PM   #6
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Is it similar fitment? Anthony threw my old Supra rear wheels on his stock body S14... they fit with a fender roll... they are about an 18x10 +40 with a 275 tire on them. I'm not sure on exact wheel width and offset but thats close. They looked totally badass.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 08-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #7
Adam496
Tri-State Addict

Member #906

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Is it similar fitment? Anthony threw my old Supra rear wheels on his stock body S14... they fit with a fender roll... they are about an 18x10 +40 with a 275 tire on them. I'm not sure on exact wheel width and offset but thats close. They looked totally badass.
Supra and s13 fitment? I meant s13 to s14 fitment (which is close). Again its all how you want to look I've seen somebody with a coupe hight +20s and meaty tires, but they were not "flush".
Old 08-23-2008, 10:02 PM   #8
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

yeah i was asking if S13 and S14 fitment were similar... and then in a seperate thought i said that i put my old Supra wheels onto Anthony's S14... the supra wheels were a decent fitment but not super aggressive... just nice enough to not look sunken in.

they fit like this on the supra, and were pretty aggressive on the S14

|

Quote:

|
Old 08-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #9
Adam496
Tri-State Addict

Member #906

Yeah it is. I believe the s14 has more room to work with as far as lower offsets, but they are similar. Most people run the lower offsets to clear coils and big brakes .
Old 08-23-2008, 10:10 PM   #10
ScubaSteve
Tri-State Addict

Member #2599

My Ride:
1993 s13 coupe Ka-t; 2005 Legacy GT Ltd

18's are gonna look huge one an s13 so make sure thats what you're looking for before you order them.

Quote:
You'll definately need to roll your fenders for 18x10s in the rear and 18x9 in the front. It all really depends on your offset too. Even 18x9 with a low offset in the rear will need to be pulled. what kinda wheels are you lookin at? you can always buy my ssr's that are in the for sale section. theyre 17x9 and 17x8. shameless plug i know lol
Holy **** I want your wheels! Too bad tuition has to come first.

ScubaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:21 PM   #11
Adam496
Tri-State Addict

Member #906

Here, troll i found it. Not exactly "flush", but still pretty pimp in my book. The wheels are 18x8.5 +32 245s, 18x10 +43 275s

18x8 +32 245s 18x9.5 +43 265s

Old 08-23-2008, 10:30 PM   #12
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

nice... thats a good guide for you dan
thats a sweet ass coupe...

|

Quote:

|
Old 08-23-2008, 10:50 PM   #13
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/129865-whee...ml#post2251141

Those are nice...

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/129865-whee...ml#post2242436

But only if your a real baller...

18x9.5 -22 215/35 18
18x11 -3 245/40 18

Or http://www.matejblahut.com/photo/aut...hanabi0103.jpg

Which is 9Jx17 -18 front, 9Jx17 -30 rear, 205/45's.

*edit* found something your size...

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/129865-whee...ml#post2215770

Last edited by Renegade_; 08-23-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Renegade_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:41 AM   #14
US_R33
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #958

My Ride:
COTM April 2008

first of all 18s are going to look huge without full aero

Second, you can fit a 9" wide wheel up front on an s13 with a +22-26ish and a 235 tire with at least 2.5* camber and just a fender roll

You can fit a 10" wide wheel out back with a +35-45ish with a 255-275 tire with 2-2.5* camber and a fender roll with slight pull (maybe)

As for s13 and s14 wheel fitments.....dont bother comparing

I was running 17x9 +17 all around with 235s up front and 255s out back and needed a pretty decent pull....you shouldn't pull s13s as much as I did due to thin aheetmetal and buckling at the limit

- Daniel

US_R33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:27 PM   #15
240sxDann
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1229

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX

I think 18's look pretty decent. The main thing that needs to be kept in mind is that this is my daily driver. I can't have tires stretched to all hell and -35* camber hahaha. Wonder if I could run a 17x9 in front and a 17x10.5 in the back?

17x9 +25
http://www.americanmuscle.com/chrome...obra-17x9.html

17x10.5 +27
http://www.americanmuscle.com/chrome...ra-17x105.html
If you find a woman with zero drama issues or emotional baggage, check for a scar where her penis used to be.
Quote:
Old 08-24-2008, 01:37 PM   #16
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

i know you work there and i'm sure you get a discount, but its going to be hard to pull off wheels from a place called 'american muscle' on a 240 i think... and i agree that 17s would def look better on your car, IMO of course.

|

Quote:

|
Old 08-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #17
240sxDann
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1229

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX

Did you look at the wheels?

*extremely over dramatic chop* lol

Personally I think they look really good. Deep dish 5 spokes.
Quote:
Old 08-24-2008, 05:31 PM   #18
US_R33
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #958

My Ride:
COTM April 2008

10.5s won't work on stock body

You'll need a 265 in order to not stretch tires

My put "American muscle" wheels on an s13???

I see you didn't read my post.....

Old 08-24-2008, 07:34 PM   #19
240sxDann
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1229

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by US_R33 View Post
10.5s won't work on stock body

You'll need a 265 in order to not stretch tires

My put "American muscle" wheels on an s13???

I see you didn't read my post.....
No, I did. I appreciate the advice. I personally like the look of the cobra wheels. Whats wrong with doing something a little different? When you say a slight pull, do you mean like, a slight enough pull I may be able to get it to work with a lot of roll or like I'll have to take it to a shop and have it done? I really want the offset set up, and I'd love 9's up front and 10's in the rear. I'm pretty sure I can roll my own fenders but I cannot pull them myself.
Quote:
Old 08-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #20
US_R33
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #958

My Ride:
COTM April 2008

there's nothing wrong with doing something a little different, but Cobra wheels isn't doing something a little different.....

for the front fenders, you're going to need to push the front of the fenders out so that you are able to cover the front of the tires.....like this

you're then going to have to pull the fenders...but they're almost definitely going to buckle towards the back of the arch, due to their thin sheetmetal

this is with 17x9 +17 front and rear with 255/40 rear tires and 235/40 front tires

the rears could have been pulled a little bit more, but the passenger's rear quarter panel would have buckled if I pulled it any further...due to the gas cap door

as for rolling the fenders yourself, its just that little lip where the fender liner screws into that you'll be rolling. you should do all of it with the proper fender roller. also, be sure to hammer flat the seam at the top of the front fender well with a BFH and tuck your wire harnesses out of the way as well

Last edited by US_R33; 08-24-2008 at 07:58 PM.