TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:
'06 Subaru Baja Turbo. Cash consuming vortex from HELL

Is a Drivers Licence a privilage or a right as a US citizen?

Sarge or Bane,
Could you shed some light on weather or not a drivers license is considered to be a right as a US citizen? A recent post in another thread mentioned something called a "PA driving ID" ?
This was stated as being different than a PA drivers license.
If you could explain the difference between the two & any laws on the books about having a right to drive I would apreciate it.
Thanks,
Rob W.
Quick copy n paste of the other post.

You best prep your flame suit Rob, lol. I could type a page on my personal opinions on this, but I will leave just one real and actual fact . . . it is in fact your right to drive in this country, and not a privilege. The states enjoy blindly leading individuals to believe it is your "privilege" and that you need to pass their tests and pay for that privilege, but that is simply not the only way to become a legalized driver in the state of PA. I know 2 educated individuals that have been issued "Driving ID's" by the state of Pennsylvania after going through a process to prove it was their constitutional right to drive. Is it a royal pain in the ass to bypass the normal system, yes (it took one of my friends 6 months), but it can be done
Old 12-02-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

Another cut & paste. I don't want to hijack the other thread. I'd love to get more info on this. Gtg to bed now. Hopefully there'll be some light on the subject tomorrow. Here's the C & P

Lol, good luck googling that. It took me months to understand how they went through it. My one professor @ Lehigh did it years ago and then one of my classmates did it with his help. It was a long but very rewarding experience I was told. My prof was pulled over twice and both times the police officer looked at the card, and walked away telling him to drive more safely, lol.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:57 AM   #3
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

Not sure of the validity of this site, but DAMN. If these statements are true, requiring a license and insurance is against our rights ! Please read and discuss!

http://www.realtruth.biz/driving/supremecourt.htm
Old 01-06-2010, 11:38 PM   #4
Bane
[TST] Police Officer

Member #8526

My Ride:
Will P.I.T. you

not familiar with a "drivers id"

but according to the PA Traffic and Crimes code a license is required to operate a motor vehicle on highways

Saying everyone has a right to drive will walk a fine line when it comes to violators, I agree law abiding citizens should be allowed sure, but does someone who has had mulitple DUIs deserve to still drive the streets endangering people?