TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > Parts and Vendor Reviews
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 06-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Send a message via AIM to drew
CRC MAF cleaner

this stuff is awesome. long story short; this stuff is awesome. i was having very hard starts and running pretty rich ( im untuned, so mostly it's my own fault ) i bought a can of it from churchs for about 3 bucks and sprayed my MAF down, the drip was clear so i thought i had wasted my money and kind of forgot about it, left for the shore in my girlfriends car and didn't think about it after that. monday morning i hop in my car for work and turn the key, it fires up right away; wtf??? i remembered the CRC but kind of blew it off as a fluke, then i noticed my AFR had leaned up a little bit ( still rich of stoich, but not AS rich by about .5 ) i was pretty happy with that but still wasn't 100% sure.

it's been about a week now, every day i go out and start my car and it fires up perfectly, idles smoother and runs better all around. honestly this was the best 3 bucks i've spent on my car ( well, the pine tree refreshner was a god investment too )

i give this stuff a 9/10, if you have a dirty MAF it should really help you out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:
the one in the back of the shop

yea its good stuff...on every car we dynoed we saw an improvement....wether it was an 03 M5 or a 93 taurus we dynoed them all and every single car had higher horsepower and more consistant A/F's...its awesome **** i will try an post some dyno graphs up later.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Vince@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:38 AM   #3
Z3R0
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5129

My Ride:
2002.5 Volkswagen Jetta GLS

If that blew you away that much try CRC Throttle body and Air Intake Cleaner. You might just loose your fresh pair of pants O_O. Use the little red straw and spray the TB till it looks clean before and after the butterfly valve. then spray the rest of it directly into and around the inside of the intake manifold...yes it will kinda flood the inside so make sure your engine is warm and wait a little while before tryna crank it over. you will probably have to keep on the gas pedal to keep the car from stalling but it will idle on its own eventually then when it does your done.

and if that blows you away try Seafoam...you will poot yourself
Old 06-21-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
gsrboi80
Tri-State Addict

Member #2795

My Ride:
Evolution Baby

I bought some to clean the maf on the EVOs. Then I start reading the bottle and the dyno test were done at RT. I thought that was sweet. It does make a huge difference in both EVOs. Should of seen all the red and black come out of there
gsrboi80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:05 AM   #5
XAlliedYouthX
Tri-State Addict

Member #3585

My Ride:
'010 GTI / '91 240sx Hatch

Send a message via AIM to XAlliedYouthX
I actually worked at that place for over a year. Fun place to work, people sucked though. Good products too.
XAlliedYouthX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #6
GeforceXtreme
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #367

My Ride:
2000 Buick Regal GSE

Send a message via AIM to GeforceXtreme
I used that stuff to clean my MAF in my Regal. A week after I first got the car I thought the transmission was shot. The rpm's would go up and down while I was driving and I thought it was slipping. Well after cleaning the MAF sensor it completely went away! I wasn't even expecting it to FIX that problem and it did! I cleaned it once again after I installed a FWI with a K&N filter and my MPG went up. Great stuff!

- "Gods Grocery Getter is powered by an L67 3800"
-

12.900 @ 109.91mph 2.166 60Ft (Fastest 1/4)
13.374 @ 110.01mph 2.467 60Ft (Fastest Trap)
GeforceXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #7
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
i can truly say that stuff is awesome. i work in an auto parts store, (advance auto), and i always have comercial coustmers asking for cases of that stuff...and i also used sea foam in my truck, while i was at work. this was late at night, parked out back, put the stuff in my truck. i left it running for a while, cuz we got swamped, andi had a guy actually ask me if their was something burning in the back of the store. i replied no, i hope not, because my truck is back their. i go out to the back of the store, and their is white smoke everywhere. know, i didnt blow up anything, it was the sea foam that was working, comming out of my exhaust pipe. so i then go out to the front of the store, and i could see why someone would have mistaken for something on fire. their was just so much somke billowing from behind the building, that it was just every where. it was like that the whole way home from east windsor, nj to morrisville. stuff truly works, i am impressed.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:22 PM   #8
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
we put seafoam through a friends engine, as well as tb cleaner, and he was very pleased said its smoother to accelerate and idle. Definately nice products for the price with the kinda stuff they do
Old 09-08-2007, 09:48 PM   #9
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
we put seafoam through a friends engine, as well as tb cleaner, and he was very pleased said its smoother to accelerate and idle. Definately nice products for the price with the kinda stuff they do
thats exactly what i did in my truck..it deff ran smoother...i would say time to do it again...