TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
Prism11
Noob-Jersey

Member #24277

My Ride:
2004 Mazda Rx8

Exhaust "Fix It" Ticket

I know there are multiple exhaust ticket threads, but I dont believe my question has been answered.

I was pulled over after sitting at a red light, just idling, by a state trooper, in PA. He stated that my exhaust was "too loud", and I asked back what is "too loud", to which he replied "louder than stock" and that he was giving me a ticket, but if I should up at the hearing with the stock exhaust back on he would have the judge dismiss the ticket.

Now from reading the sticky at the top I know that they have to use a decibel meter and take actual readings to determine whether or not you are above legal levels.

I only have a cat-back exhaust, and while it is louder than stock, not above the legal levels.

Am I stuck having to switch my stock exhaust back on to have the ticket dismissed?, or can I just sight the PA code and have it dismissed. I am not trying to be hard headed or ignorant, but I refuse to have my rights as outlined by the law violated.

Thank you.

Last edited by Prism11; 01-03-2013 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Added state
Prism11 is offline   Reply With Quote