TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-05-2016, 04:52 PM   #41
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Swapped on my winter wheels and tires this weekend, but don't have any good daylight photos to show them yet.

Went from the 20" wheels down to 18x8" wheels and tires that were both the cheapest ones i could find on Tire Rack. Kuhmo all seasons in 245 width and some P5 wheels. Will work fine for the winter in DC.

The $101 BMR Suspension strut tower bar got here today and it took me 9 minutes to install.

Far from pretty, but functional. (looks like an ebay piece but it's Made in USA, etc).

The rest of my mod schedule is really more up to GM Performance releasing parts more than anything else. (Ok, the 6 piston front brake kit but they won't fit with the winter wheels).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:29 PM   #42
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
not to hijack... but those wheels look familiar, lol

At least the welds on the brace look good, but man, that's utilitarian. At least it's black and likely has some measurable performance benefit (notice I didn't say you'd feel it, lol)
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:32 PM   #43
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
not to hijack... but those wheels look familiar, lol

At least the welds on the brace look good, but man, that's utilitarian. At least it's black and likely has some measurable performance benefit (notice I didn't say you'd feel it, lol)
Great minds think alike! haha, nice RS!

Yeah, it's hilarious reading the disappointed guys on the forum when it came out. They just wanted something for the car show. I figure if this works at all, then I'll get the nicer looking GM factory bar to have the best of both worlds (even though it truly doesn't matter since my hood is never open unless i'm working on it.)

/
/
/
/
/
Old 12-05-2016, 10:49 PM   #44
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

car show parts != performance lolol
Old 12-06-2016, 09:16 AM   #45
cavillac95
Tri-State Addict

Member #16606

My Ride:
g37x - 370z - civic

you are goin to drive this in the winter?

why would you do that?
cavillac95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:18 AM   #46
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavillac95 View Post
you are goin to drive this in the winter?

why would you do that?
It's a mass produced Chevy, why not?

Not like DC gets a ton of deep snow every year that would prohibit it. If we do, I'm able to telecommute.

/
/
/
/
/

Last edited by DaveSTi; 12-06-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:23 AM   #47
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
car show parts != performance lolol
Losing my mind because the front end is cleaned up a little bit now. Noticeable on angles entryways the most.

Going to do some back to back so that I don't doubt my sanity.

The front end used to rise up when the car would go around turns in parking garages due to angle changes. Now it stays flat after the initial rise then digs in.

I am going to remove the bar and go back and forth. This shouldn't make any difference.

/
/
/
/
/

Last edited by DaveSTi; 12-06-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:05 PM   #48
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Losing my mind because the front end is cleaned up a little bit now. Noticeable on angles entryways the most.

Going to do some back to back so that I don't doubt my sanity.

The front end used to rise up when the car would go around turns in parking garages due to angle changes. Now it stays flat after the initial rise then digs in.

I am going to remove the bar and go back and forth. This shouldn't make any difference.

I'm surprised if that's true
Old 12-06-2016, 02:37 PM   #49
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:

I'm surprised if that's true
Same here. I don't trust myself so I'll be doing a back to back test a few times since the install and removal is so easy to do.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 12-07-2016, 12:02 PM   #50
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

1LE swaybar kit has been listed. $185. this is awesome.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 12-07-2016, 01:19 PM   #51
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

sooo cheap, geez. Stupid 'murica mobiles
Old 12-07-2016, 01:55 PM   #52
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
sooo cheap, geez. Stupid 'murica mobiles
Right? That's the entire kit!

I'm holding out to get the full 1LE suspension kit which includes the bars. It just needs to get the GM release due to the software flash of the shocks and matched springs with higher rates. The price on that is only $1100

/
/
/
/
/
Old 12-07-2016, 10:38 PM   #53
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:
17 Camaro 1LE || 17 Yamaha FZ10

1LE FTW - Mine arrived today - barely drove it because it's 32 and icy here but next week it's supposed to warm up
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:16 AM   #54
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
1LE FTW - Mine arrived today - barely drove it because it's 32 and icy here but next week it's supposed to warm up
Can't wait to hear your impressions of it. Congrats!

/
/
/
/
/
Old 12-09-2016, 12:47 AM   #55
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:
17 Camaro 1LE || 17 Yamaha FZ10

Posted pics...

My impressions are... it's 25 degrees out and Seattle is wet 95% of the winter, so I drove it home from the dealer, and to the gym (1/3 mile) yesterday and back. And took the bus to work downtown today. lol
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:55 PM   #56
cavillac95
Tri-State Addict

Member #16606

My Ride:
g37x - 370z - civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
It's a mass produced Chevy, why not?

Not like DC gets a ton of deep snow every year that would prohibit it. If we do, I'm able to telecommute.
no deep snow in dc ?

winter salt is goin to ruin that mass produced chevy like all others before it
cavillac95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:56 PM   #57
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavillac95 View Post
no deep snow in dc ?

winter salt is goin to ruin that mass produced chevy like all others before it
Not your problem to deal with.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 12-09-2016, 06:54 PM   #58
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Posted pics...

My impressions are... it's 25 degrees out and Seattle is wet 95% of the winter, so I drove it home from the dealer, and to the gym (1/3 mile) yesterday and back. And took the bus to work downtown today. lol
damn, i'll be flying to seattle in january for work. didn't realize it got that cold there

/
/
/
/
/
Old 12-09-2016, 06:59 PM   #59
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

http://www.thatgmpartsguy.com/suspen...86?parent=1034

Hah, looks like my $185 swaybar kit was taken down, content added to it and the price raised. Still reasonable though, considering the front swaybar alone on the 911 was about this price.

If I did this, I would miss out on the FE4 spring rates and shock tune, so not going to do it.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 12-10-2016, 01:42 PM   #60
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Black bow tie badges arrived yesterday. Will post pictures after install to show the before and after. The regular Chevy yellow doesn't match the rest of the car so I'm betting that these will provide less of a visual distraction.

/
/
/
/
/