TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
tuningvelocity
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20166

My Ride:
2011 Chevy Camaro, 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 Rally Car

Send a message via AIM to tuningvelocity Send a message via Yahoo to tuningvelocity
Rally America: Susquehannock Trail Rally (Wellsboro, PA)

Hey Everyone:

Anyone that knows me, know that I'm crazy about racing.

On June 3-4 I will make my racing debut. I will participate in Susquehannock Trail Rally in Wellsboro, PA.
Wellsboro, PA is 230 miles (4hrs) from Philadelphia, PA.

I am not part of a team or have sponsors of any kind, I am just a person trying to get started in motorsports and I have finally found a way in.

I am in need of a few volunteers (4-6 people) to help me during the rally (race) to serve as team members, crew members and workers. People with some mechanical knowledge would be a plus, but necessary. I cannot pay anyone which is why I’m asking for volunteers, however if you are into cars, race cars, racing, rallying, off-road racing you will have an amazing experience.

This rally is part of the Rally America National Championship. This rally has been run by such people as Ken Block, Travis Pastrana, Dave Mirra, among others.

I will be running in the Group 2 class, which is for FWD N/A.
The Car that I will be running is a 2001 Ford Focus GX3.

Video’s of Last Years Event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec2RlbxUxYU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpFRsZMv9Tw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFd6pdM5Nf8

WHAT IS RALLY RACING
RALLYING: A SPORT LIKE NO OTHER!

There are no ovals, pace cars or rain delays. Rally racing features real cars racing against the clock on closed-off sections of real roads that are usually unpaved and unforgiving. Events can last several days and cover hundreds of miles through rain, snow, day or night. This extreme test of skill, speed and endurance is what makes rally racing the world’s premiere and most exciting motor sport, one that is quickly growing in North America.

DRIVERS
Insiders and even casual fans consider rally drivers to be the best all around drivers on the planet. They must master every road surface and every weather condition while possessing the endurance and stamina needed to make it through long hours and hundreds of miles. As the old saying goes, "Circuit racers see 10 turns 1000 times while rally drivers see 1000 turns 1 time!"

CO-DRIVERS

The key to rally drivers’ success are their co-drivers. Rally drivers cannot practice the course and must rely on their navigators (or co-driver) to survive. The co-driver uses a computerized odometer along with a supplied route book to communicate to the driver what lies ahead on the road. The route book describes in detail the road ahead and includes warnings for hazards such as cliffs, trees and junctions. Rally drivers determine what speed and angle to enter each turn or crest in the road by listening to their co-drivers' constant instructions.

EVENTS
Gravel logging roads, mountain passes, well groomed forest roads - these are what make up the tracks for rally drivers. They are temporarily closed, actual public roads on which rally drivers can go flat out. With nine events held across the country, the Rally America Championship has a mix of everything from ice and snow in Michigan to super fast, smooth gravel in Pennsylvania. A typical Rally America Championship event will last two days and feature over 250 miles of roads split up into competitive stages and transit sections. The competitive stages, or “special stages” are where the action lies; these are timed sprints on roads that vary from 5 to 30 miles in length. The lowest cumulative time wins.

THE CARS
A rally car is the ultimate real world sports car: one that is capable of high speed and incredible handling on any road surface and in every weather condition. Fast yet strong, they must survive hundred of miles and several days of torture. As an additional challenge, all rally cars must be street legal, since they must traverse public roads with traffic between the competitive timed sections. The Rally America Championship features a lineup of cars that average fans could buy from their local dealers, including Subaru WRX STis, Mitsubishi Evos, Ford Focuses and VW Golfs!

FANS

Watching rally on TV is a spectacle, but seeing it in person is an awe inspiring experience. Fans get to line the road, mere feet from the sliding, jumping and gravel spraying action. Fans can also freely check out the service areas where drivers and their teams repair the cars. Meeting your favorite driver and touching your favorite rally car are guaranteed. Tickets? Most rally events are totally free!

If interested please Contact me @ tuningvelocity@aol.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by tuningvelocity; 05-18-2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: added text
tuningvelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
Menacing_Gc8
Tri-State Addict

Member #7803

My Ride:
01 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS , 93 Sentra SE-R (SOLD)

I might be interested.. Well no i am interested but I gotta check finances and such.. been wanting to go to this for a while now even if only to watch.

Quote:
Cars are like women, they dont want you to do it fast they want you to do it right otherwise they complain.
Menacing_Gc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
Man... If I could get out of work I'd love to help out. I'll only be able to make it Saturday.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
tuningvelocity
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20166

My Ride:
2011 Chevy Camaro, 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 Rally Car

Send a message via AIM to tuningvelocity Send a message via Yahoo to tuningvelocity
re

Hey guys thanks for responding. I will have a few friends and family coming as well. The more the merrier. Seems like all hotels in Wellsboro, PA are booked but there are still a few in the surrounding areas. Even if its just for one day it'll be helpful. Seeing how its my 1st event I dont know what to expect.

tuningvelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
guitar72186
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2660

My Ride:
2005 Legact GT

I have been going every year for the last 7 years. Had I seem this I would have offered help for sure. We go up with about 8 people and rent a cabin in Mansfield. $300 for the whole weekend is not bad. If your going up next year I would be more than willing to lend a hand.
guitar72186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #6
Kerplunk105
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1967

My Ride:
2007 Subaru Impreza

Send a message via AIM to Kerplunk105
Wish I had seen this sooner. We've been going up for a few years now.

How did you do?