TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 09:42 AM   #461
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
I wouldn't mind beating on a 911 either... never driven one
Slower than what we've gotten used to in every way, but the steering to throttle feel is second to none. I miss mine nearly everyday even with the Camaro being so much better performance-wise. The driver inputs just aren't as sharp.

With that said, the Camaro gets better fuel economy, is much more comfortable vs. the base 911, has more storage room, has a better stereo, and is much more daily driver friendly (plus repair cost fears don't keep me up at night).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #462
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
Yeah, repair costs are why I haven't pursued a Porsche...
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #463
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Quote:
Yeah, repair costs are why I haven't pursued a Porsche...
Pretty much my opinion on anything german at this point.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:57 AM   #464
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Car won’t start up smoothly and the engine is making knocking noises. Putting it back to stock and flatbedding it to the dealer

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-23-2018, 04:26 PM   #465
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Pulled intake manifold. Intake port is covered in oil and wet. Looks like a bad lifter. (Known issue). Flat bed to the dealer on Monday.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-23-2018, 07:04 PM   #466
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Good luck man, sorry to hear about the failure. Should be an easy enough swap...
Old 06-23-2018, 07:17 PM   #467
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Good luck man, sorry to hear about the failure. Should be an easy enough swap...
Fingers crossed warranty covers it:

https://gm.oemdtc.com/3656/15-06-01-...-chevrolet-gmc

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-25-2018, 04:42 PM   #468
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Well, car has been towed. Not fun watching your car get towed away. The tow scrapped the **** out of the front spoiler. I took pics.

Dealer will open it up tomorrow at 10:30am.

Let the fun begin.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-25-2018, 04:52 PM   #469
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Well, car has been towed. Not fun watching your car get towed away. The tow scrapped the **** out of the front spoiler. I took pics.

Dealer will open it up tomorrow at 10:30am.

Let the fun begin.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:54 PM   #470
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Angle was next to impossible but yeah...took pics, will have them repair/replace.

I'd post photos but it's not hard to imagine my car on a flat bed.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-27-2018, 09:15 PM   #471
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Update:

Dealer found a misfire code, inspected the lifters and found that the spark plug electrode in cylinder 8 was bent. They had no idea why or how but replaced the plug and called it fixed.

I drove it today to another dealer and traded the car in on a new ZL1. The engine was exhibiting loud lifter tick, stumbling on and off throttle and almost stalled at the light outside of the dealer.

Not having to continue this back and forth was worth the peace of mind and the ZL1 is absolutely perfect.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-28-2018, 09:00 AM   #472
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Update:

Dealer found a misfire code, inspected the lifters and found that the spark plug electrode in cylinder 8 was bent. They had no idea why or how but replaced the plug and called it fixed.

I drove it today to another dealer and traded the car in on a new ZL1. The engine was exhibiting loud lifter tick, stumbling on and off throttle and almost stalled at the light outside of the dealer.

Not having to continue this back and forth was worth the peace of mind and the ZL1 is absolutely perfect.
Sucks about the lifter stuff/plug stuff but did you say ZL1!?

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:12 AM   #473
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAdutch View Post
Sucks about the lifter stuff/plug stuff but did you say ZL1!?

Working on a new thread...

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-28-2018, 11:24 AM   #474
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

wut..