TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
Swoopo Ad

I doubt the site has any control on the google ads banner, but i would like to warn people about swoopo. Please read up on this "shopping" site. It's really quite the scam, or as some people call it, a lottery.

Pay to Bid

Swoopo Info ( from a forum)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
If you see it again can you give me the link it is pointing to? Just want to confirm what it is exactly, and I should be able to block it from appearing on the site again. Thanks for the heads up...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:53 PM   #3
howielong
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #586

My Ride:
Grandpa Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to howielong Send a message via MSN to howielong
Just came up for me

http://www.swoopo.com/ended-auction....FQpuGgodP2cJlg

howielong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #4
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

ok should be gone... let me know if it comes back up though. thanks...

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 02-27-2009, 10:23 PM   #5
stover
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3483

My Ride:
2005 MINI Cooper S

i just got it
Old 02-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #6
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

ok and if it comes up please right click properties, and tell me the link its going to so i can blacklist it

|

Quote:

|
Old 03-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #7
JasterM5
Tri-State Addict

Member #85

Send a message via AIM to JasterM5 Send a message via MSN to JasterM5
It's not a scam, its just an auction site with an incredibly inventive and profitable business model. If you take the time to understand it you'll see this.

Whether you like it or not and choose to participate is another story entirely.

'02 RWD WRX
->
Dead - Really Miss It
'90 Infiniti SR20 M30 - Dead - Miss this more

'93 Nissan S13 Vert - SR20 yadda yadda......
'92 Mazda 929
JasterM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
Have you participated in this "Entertainment Shopping"? did you win anything?

i wouldn't say auction, it's definitely more of a lottery that has no defined ending. Not saying it's not an inventive business model, but so was the pyramid scheme. Either way the end result is the company gets rich by the misleading wording and practices of the site. I mean who's to say that swoopo doesn't out bid or continue to raise the bid until they reach the proper profit margin? If someone has positive things to say about it then i would be more then willing to hear them. But from my own research there hasn't been much good to be heard.

I mean even go to their help section, it does a good job of not disclosing the finer details of how the site works.

edit-

I registered and will investigate it further.

i also found that you can start your own swoopo thru swoopoclone.com

Last edited by grimm; 03-05-2009 at 07:41 PM.
grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #9
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

Send a message via AIM to jspek
its ****ing genius. too bad im not suckered like some of teh idiots on there. its great entertainment late at night watching these people fight to save 5 bucks.

jspek is offline   Reply With Quote