TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

ASIAN JUL's '95 Integra LS Fix-Up Project

Picked up a black '95 Integra LS hatch with tan interior this weekend Call me crazy but I've wanted an Integra for years, before I was even 'into' cars.

No crazy plans for it (not yet at least) but I do need to fix some things up so I'm keeping track of her progress here.

Maintenance/Misc. Things Needed:
Timing is slightly off
Possibly a new motor mount
Need to fix the rust on the quarter panels
Replace grommets, distributor o-ring, plugs, wires, etc.
Replace exhaust due to rusted B pipe falling off
Rear pads and rotors
Replace axle
Figure out how to get one of the spark plugs out

Short Term Unnecessary Plans/Things Wanted: (After maintenance is taken care of)
Coilovers
Walbro Fuel Pump (I HATE THE OE ONE)

Paint is in horrible condition on the hood, hatch and roof.

Log of things done:

(#25)
Replaced the cam plug, valve cover gasket, tube seals
-Oil and filter change
-Spray painted the valve cover cause it looked like absolute crap but it's going to have to be re-done again cause Pat flipped it over on a box before it was completely dry to put the gasket in so it came off in one spot.
-Used a little Meguiars Scratch-X on some of my quarter panel damage. Didn't do a whole lot but that's to be expected when it's down to the metal.

06.05.11 - #30
-Restored headlights with Turtle Wax headlight restoration kit.

6.17.11 - #47
-Pat put blades on while I was away in California

07.02.11 - #52
-Replaced the front brake pads and calipers.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer

Last edited by ASIAN JUL; 07-20-2011 at 03:04 PM.
ASIAN JUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
where pictures?

grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #3
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Try toothpaste on the headlights.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

I can buff those headlights for you to look practically new. Works much better than tooth paste. Check out my ek build thread to see how my lights turned out.

I would also check out the rear trailing arm bushings, they are probably shot. And you might want to replace the tbelt/water pump if you don't have records of it being done, just so you know its good.

I can help you out with anything aside from the body work, I'm about to tackle my first rust repair job on my ek this summer. All id ask in return is gas money and maybe some food.
Honduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honduh View Post
I can buff those headlights for you to look practically new. Works much better than tooth paste. Check out my ek build thread to see how my lights turned out.

I would also check out the rear trailing arm bushings, they are probably shot. And you might want to replace the tbelt/water pump if you don't have records of it being done, just so you know its good.

I can help you out with anything aside from the body work, I'm about to tackle my first rust repair job on my ek this summer. All id ask in return is gas money and maybe some food.
Yeah, I was thinking about just cleaning the lenses but I have a feeling they'll just continually go back to looking like crap. I was thinking about getting black housings.

I figured the RTA bushings need to be replaced, and I don't know when the timing belt/water pump were replaced so that's going to get replaced as well.

I will definitely keep your offer in mind - it'd be nice to have some extra hands helping
|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
Old 05-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm View Post
where pictures?
I'll get there But the car isn't much to look at it.
|
]

Quote:
Old 05-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Have the headlights buffed and then sprayed with clear. They will say looking new.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #8
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

After the lenses are restored if you hit them with Meguiers Platix Polish, once a month, they stay looking fresh. Your new headlights will yellow over time as well. And if you want black housings id recomend blacking out a set of oem lights and resealing them. Those ebay lights are crap and end up with condisation stuck inside usually.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #9
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honduh View Post
After the lenses are restored if you hit them with Meguiers Platix Polish, once a month, they stay looking fresh. Your new headlights will yellow over time as well. And if you want black housings id recomend blacking out a set of oem lights and resealing them. Those ebay lights are crap and end up with condisation stuck inside usually.
Hmmm... you have a point. I haven't completely made a decision yet about the headlights because I was thinking about doing an ITR front end conversion but they cost more than the car itself I actually dislike the little round headlights, ha.

But for now it's just a daily for me and I'm gonna fix stuff up. If you wanna help me out with some stuff, I'm down!
|
]

Quote:
Old 05-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #10
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

Itr front would be pimp! I'm not a huge fan of the rounds myself. Let me know what you decide to do and what you need help with and I can come down on a evening or weekend when I'm free.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
boostedfury
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1389

My Ride:
99 Z51 Corvette & 2003 Explorer XLT

Send a message via AIM to boostedfury
Congrats Jules.... Lmk if you need any help with anything and I look forward to see how he comes along!

boostedfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #12
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedfury View Post
Congrats Jules.... Lmk if you need any help with anything and I look forward to see how he comes along!
You can help me name her
|
]

Quote:
Old 05-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #13
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

Oh yay, picked up a Password JDM gold billet cam plug since it needs to be replaced and my friend had one sitting around.. that'll be the first mod
|
]

Quote:
Old 05-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #14
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
Nice! Can't wait to see where this goes!!!

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #15
jen.
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7345

My Ride:
'07 si coupe!

Send a message via AIM to jen.
Where are the pics of this car?! Even a stock Integra is a good lookin' car Let's seeeee.

On another note, I also use Meguiers Platix Polish every couple of weeks and it has kept my headlights really nice. For $10, its well worth it! If you pick up new headlights, I highly recommend the stuff!
jen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #16
ketchup!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #656

My Ride:
Speedooo's Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen. View Post
Where are the pics of this car?! Even a stock Integra is a good lookin' car Let's seeeee.

On another note, I also use Meguiers Platix Polish every couple of weeks and it has kept my headlights really nice. For $10, its well worth it! If you pick up new headlights, I highly recommend the stuff!
i just picked up new headlights instead of fixing my ****ty ones. haha

ketchup! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #17
jen.
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7345

My Ride:
'07 si coupe!

Send a message via AIM to jen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup! View Post
i just picked up new headlights instead of fixing my ****ty ones. haha
Yes, but if you take care of your new ones with the Plastix stuff, then you won't have to worry about buying new ones again for a long time. That way, you keep your new ones nice! A little maintenance goes a long way
jen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #18
ketchup!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #656

My Ride:
Speedooo's Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen. View Post
Yes, but if you take care of your new ones with the Plastix stuff, then you won't have to worry about buying new ones again for a long time. That way, you keep your new ones nice! A little maintenance goes a long way
haha i hear ya. my old headlights were so hazed they looked yellow. haha

ketchup! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #19
Spawne32
Tri-State Addict

Member #20424

My Ride:
95 Acura Integra

Send a message via AIM to Spawne32
lol lemme know if you need any pointers, ive actually been lookin for late model tan LS leather seats in good condition to trade off for my tan racing seats
Spawne32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:07 PM   #20
Spawne32
Tri-State Addict

Member #20424

My Ride:
95 Acura Integra

Send a message via AIM to Spawne32
and actually like the front end on the first 3rd generation tegs

Spawne32 is offline   Reply With Quote