TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Regional (Yup, Tri-State is really Five-State) > New Jersey
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #5021
Fujito
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10571

My Ride:
Toyota Celica

Ciotti has mad skillz yo. He took an exit ramp faster than me, and I have the best handling Evo model yet! I was understeering all over the place. He has better tires than me, but still.
Fujito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #5022
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Dustin, I only called you a super poser in reference to you calling me a poser...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
it'd have a lot more meaning if you were doing something more impressive than auto-cross
See that's where you're not understanding motorsports bud, just because anyone can show up to an autocross and pay $35 to have a day of fun in any car doesn't mean that they're going to be able to go fast, be competitive or consistent, and understand what the hell their car is doing.
The handling dynamics in autocross are exactly the same as what the big guys are dealing with but compressed into a much shorter time and with a course layout that is different at every event. Those 2 things actually make autocross more difficult than open track but the fact that there isn't much fear of spinning into walls 100+ and totaling your car or the car getting light at those higher speeds do make it easier.
In the end, those of us that are fast that understand what the car is doing, what the right lines are, how to make the car do what we want, and what to do when all hell breaks loose can drive directly to a road race course and absolutely tear (which LOADS of the other fast drivers in my region have done and will continue to do) at NJMP but for me and many others, we could care less about how impressive the motorsport we've chosen is so we stick with the safer and MUCH less expensive option which is autocross.

Don't get me wrong, I do want to get out to an HPDE or PDX at some point at NJMP just to give it a try and hang with my buddy Rob's Porsche club guys but in %100 honesty those events are just not worth all the extra money for me. $800 - $1,000 per weekend of racing vs. $35 and $50 worth of tire wear gives me an extra $700+ to spend on mods or longboards or whores

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

8 reps for your driver mod muscles

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Ciotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #5023
sean3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5757

My Ride:
04 Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciotti View Post
Dustin, I only called you a super poser in reference to you calling me a poser...

See that's where you're not understanding motorsports bud, just because anyone can show up to an autocross and pay $35 to have a day of fun in any car doesn't mean that they're going to be able to go fast, be competitive or consistent, and understand what the hell their car is doing.
The handling dynamics in autocross are exactly the same as what the big guys are dealing with but compressed into a much shorter time and with a course layout that is different at every event. Those 2 things actually make autocross more difficult than open track but the fact that there isn't much fear of spinning into walls 100+ and totaling your car or the car getting light at those higher speeds do make it easier.
In the end, those of us that are fast that understand what the car is doing, what the right lines are, how to make the car do what we want, and what to do when all hell breaks loose can drive directly to a road race course and absolutely tear (which LOADS of the other fast drivers in my region have done and will continue to do) at NJMP but for me and many others, we could care less about how impressive the motorsport we've chosen is so we stick with the safer and MUCH less expensive option which is autocross.

Don't get me wrong, I do want to get out to an HPDE or PDX at some point at NJMP just to give it a try and hang with my buddy Rob's Porsche club guys but in %100 honesty those events are just not worth all the extra money for me. $800 - $1,000 per weekend of racing vs. $35 and $50 worth of tire wear gives me an extra $700+ to spend on mods or longboards or whores
It's not 800-1000 a weekend. Street tires will last multiple events.
sean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #5024
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:
1996 240sx & 1989 240sx Coupe

Send a message via AIM to thefro526
Quote:
gives me an extra $700+ to spend on mods or longboards or whores
This is all I saw.

Bahahaha.

<3 yah Ciotti.

Quote:
Also do some things with it, with fro boy's whip.
Quote:
At this rate, though, it'll be 2015 before either of you gets yo whips running right.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #5025
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
This is all I saw.

Bahahaha.

<3 yah Ciotti.
You do understand what I'm saying though right? I've never really explained it in the past because I've always thought that we're all beyond the average idiot looking in at racing saying "ooh they go fast that's impressive" but I guess it is hard for someone that hasn't autocrossed competitively to understand how technical it really is.

Come to think of it, we also spike more G's on an accelerometer than road race cars because of how vicious we can turn into corners, they have to be much more gentle to not upset the car because they're cornering for so much longer.

8 reps for your driver mod muscles

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Ciotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:29 PM   #5026
Gabe4AFE
Tri-State Addict

Member #14153

My Ride:
96 Ford Explorer Sport - 4x4

Send a message via AIM to Gabe4AFE
New car in less than 2 weeks.

96 Audi A4 Quattro (AWD), 5 spd auto. 203k. Lots of maintenance done.

New Timing Belt.
New Water Pump.
New Valve Cover Gasket.
New Power Steering Pump.
New Power Steering Rack.
New Power Steering Lines.
New Pads/Rotors all around.
New Upper Control arms + Bushings
New Struts

Needs new tie rods but not extremely important. have the parts with the car.
Needs a new oil pan gasket/oil plug.
Coolant leak. Small, probably a return hose.

$1000

I've driven the car, and it drives nice. I'm so ready to get the Honda outta here. Its gonna be for sale for $500 soon.

Last edited by Gabe4AFE; 08-02-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Gabe4AFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #5027
///chrism3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5960

My Ride:
07 sti / 94 supra / 95 m3

ya anyone here that says i dont go to autocross cause im a poser..you all are haters and i will throw the deuces..why does everyone get mad that i dont go out and spend 45 bucks to abuse my own person car to go 30 miles an hour?
No offense but autocross wouldnt do much for me but make me mad at the end of the day. Half of you guys arnt even car enthusiast anymore i feel like. you go to a meet now and no one is talking about cars, everyone is so involved in drama that they dont realize why they are all there.
You have too many cliques at meets now. The drifters are the only community i feel that is doing it right now no matter what, there out to help anyone at an event even if its not a sliding event. Then u have the drag racing guys that think there god. The autocross stay together and bash on anyone that does pull 1g cone turns. Then the stance guys that build there cars how they like them and they get hated on when half the people at this meet dont build or work on there cars.

I hate to say it but the car scene was alot better when everyone was a ricer with big body kits and wings, everyone used to talk to each other and help each other and didnt hate on anyone and actually did car related things. You go to a meet now a days and its like rc cars, the parking lot police, the longboarders and then the people that dont know a thing about cars nor care lol

For some reason idk why but everyone thinks me and cittio hate each other and need to autocross battle idk why, were firends and mess around alot and ppl take it to serious. He even brings his car by my shop on cartown on a daily basis. LOL
I have over 8 yrs in motor sports. correct me if im wrong but ive been driving a car as long as ciotti has his license Theres no need for people to bash on me because i dont take it to a parking lot with cones

sorry my events dont compete with autocross but to each there own..in the end im doing what i like doing

that was for all you haters that swear autocross is god and i need to go out there to prove myself

///chrism3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #5028
Gabe4AFE
Tri-State Addict

Member #14153

My Ride:
96 Ford Explorer Sport - 4x4

Send a message via AIM to Gabe4AFE
Everyone should be allowed to like what they like without saying one thing sucks or another thing is this. Motorsports are just that, MOTORsports. If it has a motor, lets go!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #5029
///chrism3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5960

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe4AFE View Post
Everyone should be allowed to like what they like without saying one thing sucks or another thing is this. Motorsports are just that, MOTORsports. If it has a motor, lets go!
not true bobsledding is where its at and theres no motor..just saying

Old 08-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #5030
Red3KGT
Tri-State Addict

Member #8005

My Ride:
91 MR2 Turbo

Oh **** is that the guy from Pinks at the go karts?
Red3KGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #5031
///chrism3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5960

My Ride:

Charles Hendrickson yes thats him hes a cool ass dude and im hoping to go to glamis with him next summer, that was at an interview a few weeks ago that a bunch of us hit up a kart track for ****s and giggles lol JM get a quad and come party with us next year lol

Old 08-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #5032
blackvr4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2558

My Ride:
1994 mitsubishi VR4 (twin 16Gs), 1991 eagle talon tsi (hx35)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3KGT View Post
I've done auto-x, ****s gay. Nobody like to mention the fact that after you run your 3 45 second runs you have to stand out in the scorching heat and work the course for the other groups runs, which seems long as hell. You pay $45 to work in a parking lot hotter then a slave ship...
lol I didn't know u had to pay and also put work in, whats the point of paying then if your the one that has to re-set the cones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean3 View Post

1)Drag racing is for people who want their times directly proportional to how fast they can spend money.

2)Hill climbing is for people with gigantic testicles.
1) Does that apply to DSMs? Because I am pretty sure in the DSM world it works the other way around.

2) What about downhill? that **** is nuts.

Quote:
1)I'd get bored with just pushing my right foot down and holding the wheel straight.

2) Straight line **** is for posers and people that only care about looking cool, those of us that are actually into motorsports turn our steering wheels
1) If your car had some real power, you really couldn't hold the wheel straight and go straight in a fast car.

2) Straight line is also for people who want to tune there cars with computers so there engines don't go boom at 30+psi. What you know about that your just worried about your tire pressure, while real car enthusiasts are worried about their turbo pressure and combustion chamber pressure utilizing the right amount of ignition timing mixed with the right amount of fuel to yield optimum horse power and "safety". And lets not forget engine building and transmission building to keep it all together.

If you are a real car enthusiast, you would be boring and stroking your coil overs.

And JM just for you cause its cool.

http://vimeo.com/11477825
Old 08-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #5033
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:

Quote:
You do understand what I'm saying though right? I've never really explained it in the past because I've always thought that we're all beyond the average idiot looking in at racing saying "ooh they go fast that's impressive" but I guess it is hard for someone that hasn't autocrossed competitively to understand how technical it really is.

Come to think of it, we also spike more G's on an accelerometer than road race cars because of how vicious we can turn into corners, they have to be much more gentle to not upset the car because they're cornering for so much longer.
Auto-cross is excessively hardcore for the driver. It takes a ridiculous amount of skill to be fast on an auto-cross course.

But, it's not outwardly impressive like Drag Racing, Drifting (That doesn't suck), F1, Super GT, Lemons, Time Attack, Street Racing, Extreme Tri-cycling etc. It doesn't have that universal, "aww snap they be driving cars all crazy-like" flair to it. You know where I'm coming from now?

Extreme Tri-Cycling still sh*t's on every form of Motorsport out there.

Real Talk.

Quote:
Quote:
At this rate, though, it'll be 2015 before either of you gets yo whips running right.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #5034
sean3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5757

My Ride:
04 Mach 1

Watching autocross is like watching paint dry, but you have to stand out in the heat at 10am to do it.
sean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #5035
///chrism3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5960

My Ride:

i wish u could could experience going a 130+ withe 20 cars around u lol rather then 25+ with 20 cones

Old 08-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #5036
///chrism3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5960

My Ride:

Quote:
Watching autocross is like watching paint dry, but you have to stand out in the heat at 10am to do it.
who hacked seanzoress account?

Old 08-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #5037
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:

Quote:
That's like watching bad drifting.

My God, I was out there on Saturday with the Camera gear and stuff watching dudes suck pretty bad.

It was discouraging.

Then some dudes started to rip and the sucky bros were getting better.

Then my pants got tight.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #5038
nuTinmuch
Tri-State Addict

Member #15637

My Ride:
09 370Z

Send a message via AIM to nuTinmuch
Quote:
Sean posted that site a while back, it's hilarious

Come on out to one of my events and either myself or another instructor will come with you for a few runs and figure out where you're losing the time. It could be something simple or a bad habit, I had picked up a nasty habit of turning in a bit too late towards the end of last season and the only way I figured it out was by bringing an instructor with me so he could see the lines I was running from the passenger seat.
Haha, I meant that they were at terrible times -- in other words I couldn't show up. I wish I had the chance to at least get myself a terrible time. :p
Old 08-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #5039
Red3KGT
Tri-State Addict

Member #8005

My Ride:
91 MR2 Turbo

Alex on everything I love, if you could find me a fwd 4g63 swap for a good price Id b forced to buy a colt. It'd be my civic I always wanted to build except it wouldnt get stolen. Lol
Old 08-02-2010, 11:00 PM   #5040
Red3KGT
Tri-State Addict

Member #8005

My Ride:
91 MR2 Turbo

Breaking News Flash..... This Just In.... A Black Mustang who frequents parking lots filled with cones, and was once quoted as saying " autocross is awesome " was just mopped up by a Jamaican's Integra riding on the sacrilegious cut spring/rota rim combo... It is unclear what provoked this brutal attack on the clearly wounded pony... But what is clear is that those treasured winners fridge magnets did him no good outside the cones... Back to your regularly scheduled programing...