TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Regional (Yup, Tri-State is really Five-State) > New Jersey
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 08-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #5001
InvisibleMonkey
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4854

My Ride:
JDM TyTe 1988 Single Turbo 1JZ 5-Speed Supra & 1998 Twin Turbo 6-Speed Supra BPU like a muhf***a!

Send a message via AIM to InvisibleMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to InvisibleMonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe4AFE View Post
you would.
Don't even hate on pokemon! That's my freaking game right there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
You're right, I haven't ever jail broken an iPhone but I based that decision on my experience with using other people's jail broken iPhone. When I had my 3G it always ran like poop so I knew that jail breaking it would just make it run worse.

Also, if I want an app then I'll just buy it. I'm not big on stealing things. Then again, I've only ever had like 5 apps over 2 iPhones because I prefer to use the proper device for the task.

And, I drove the gymkhana course at nopi last weekend and that was enough to confirm to me that I wouldn't enjoy driving auto-x.

Oh, and another reason I dislike auto-x is because I dislike anyone telling me what I can and can't do to my car. Seems like at least once a week someone says "I can't do xxxx to my car because I'll get kicked out of my class."
Every iPhone I've had was jailbroken at some point (except the 4 but only because one isn't released yet) and I'll admit I did notice some bad battery life but it was well worth it. Any applications that were paid I never worked around the protection just to get it free, but the jailbreak lets you do so much. 3G unrestrictor for example allows you to have youtube videos full quality over 3G in the youtube application, download things in the app store/iTunes store over 20mb over 3G, and make any other application that won't let you do certain things over 3G (slingplayer was wifi only for the longest). Winterboard lets you change the look of the phone completely and let you change the text message tones. There were others like enabling multitasking on 3.0 firmware, tethering, etc that make the phone do what it's actually capable of. Some of the biggest draws to jailbreak are now included in the 4.0 firmware but I still would jailbreak if I could.

You do however make a valid point on the autocrossing thing but that's their decision to stay in their class. I don't think there's much that you can do to a car that will make it not legal to use in autocross.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

InvisibleMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #5002
Red3KGT
Tri-State Addict

Member #8005

My Ride:
91 MR2 Turbo

I've done auto-x, ****s gay. Nobody like to mention the fact that after you run your 3 45 second runs you have to stand out in the scorching heat and work the course for the other groups runs, which seems long as hell. You pay $45 to work in a parking lot hotter then a slave ship...

Auto-x is for people whose cars cant compete in any other motorsport (ie, drift, drag etc) to feel like theyre competitive in something.... I dont give 2 ****s that your automatic 88 Geo Metro runs 55 second laps around cones

Just because nobody could beat Cepa's STi in a straight line everybody wanted to call em out to auto-x where they feel as if they're slow cars would be able to compete. Smh...
Red3KGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:36 PM   #5003
InvisibleMonkey
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4854

My Ride:
JDM TyTe 1988 Single Turbo 1JZ 5-Speed Supra & 1998 Twin Turbo 6-Speed Supra BPU like a muhf***a!

Send a message via AIM to InvisibleMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to InvisibleMonkey
ironic as it is, anyone with a 4.0 device can now jailbreak their phone extremely easily using the original website of the 1.0.x days

jailbreakme.com

go on it with your phone or whatever running any 4.x iOS

Old 08-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #5004
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3KGT View Post
Auto-x is for people whose cars cant compete in any other motorsport (ie, drift, drag etc) to feel like theyre competitive in something.... I dont give 2 ****s that your automatic 88 Geo Metro runs 55 second laps around cones
dats ignant as hayyyyyllll.
its a form of racing that focuses on driver skill more than deep pockets and fancy mods (most of the time). sounds like you placed pretty poorly out there .

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:49 PM   #5005
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:
1996 240sx & 1989 240sx Coupe

Send a message via AIM to thefro526
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleMonkey View Post

Every iPhone I've had was jailbroken at some point (except the 4 but only because one isn't released yet) and I'll admit I did notice some bad battery life but it was well worth it. Any applications that were paid I never worked around the protection just to get it free, but the jailbreak lets you do so much. 3G unrestrictor for example allows you to have youtube videos full quality over 3G in the youtube application, download things in the app store/iTunes store over 20mb over 3G, and make any other application that won't let you do certain things over 3G (slingplayer was wifi only for the longest). Winterboard lets you change the look of the phone completely and let you change the text message tones. There were others like enabling multitasking on 3.0 firmware, tethering, etc that make the phone do what it's actually capable of. Some of the biggest draws to jailbreak are now included in the 4.0 firmware but I still would jailbreak if I could.

You do however make a valid point on the autocrossing thing but that's their decision to stay in their class. I don't think there's much that you can do to a car that will make it not legal to use in autocross.
I don't see the point in jail breaking.

Nothing I see listed above is anything I would ever need to do. It seems like jail breaking is for people who want to make the phone do everything instead of getting the right device for the right task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
its a form of racing that focuses on driver skill more than deep pockets and fancy mods (most of the time). sounds like you placed pretty poorly out there .
He actually came in 1st?

The magnet is on the refrigerator in our parents house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleMonkey View Post
ironic as it is, anyone with a 4.0 device can now jailbreak their phone extremely easily using the original website of the 1.0.x days

jailbreakme.com

go on it with your phone or whatever running any 4.x iOS
Except according to the article I read on Engadget said their servers were crashing...

Quote:
Also do some things with it, with fro boy's whip.
Quote:
At this rate, though, it'll be 2015 before either of you gets yo whips running right.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #5006
sean3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5757

My Ride:
04 Mach 1

I don't know how anyone lived with a pre-OS4 iphone without jailbreaking it...

Autocross is for people who can't afford road racing.
Drag racing is for people who want their times directly proportional to how fast they can spend money.
Drifting is for people who prefer form over function. (semi kidding. Drifting does require lots of talent and the people at the top actually have functional cars)
Road racing is for people with deep pockets and talent.
Hill climbing is for people with gigantic testicles.
sean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #5007
InvisibleMonkey
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4854

My Ride:

Quote:
Except according to the article I read on Engadget said their servers were crashing...
yeah....think about it though, all the people waiting for a jailbreak all of a sudden getting on and doing it

same thing happened with apple.com when preorders started...their site went down

Old 08-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #5008
Gabe4AFE
Tri-State Addict

Member #14153

My Ride:
96 Ford Explorer Sport - 4x4

Send a message via AIM to Gabe4AFE
Quote:
I don't see the point in jail breaking.

Nothing I see listed above is anything I would ever need to do. It seems like jail breaking is for people who want to make the phone do everything instead of getting the right device for the right task.
As a computer/technology geek, I have an extreme problem with this statement.

Whats wrong with us testing the limitations of our devices, and using them to their full potential, instead of BUYING MORE CRAP, that one device could do. Isn't that the idea these days, the all-in-one do it all device?

EXCUSE ME for wanting to do more with my device, as apposed to have to switch networks for something I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO, on one device.

iPhones are be able to do more than they are "suppose" to do, but Apple & ATT decided to limit the devices, just to further them selves and release more inferior products, hence the iPhone 4 not being on a 4G network, and not even capable of operating on one in the future.

If I had the choice, I would have went with sprint a long time ago, had I known the ATT network sucked, but not, since I can't without eating a $250 **** you fee, I will do what I can to make the best of my ****ty device.

Just because Jailbreaking your iPhone doesn't benefit you, doesn't mean it doesn't benefit THE OTHER THOUSANDS OF USERS THAT HAVE.

Last edited by Gabe4AFE; 08-01-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Gabe4AFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #5009
sean3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5757

My Ride:
04 Mach 1

Quote:
It seems like jail breaking is for people who want to make the phone do everything instead of getting the right device for the right task.
Purely for the sake of argument... If that's how you feel, why did you use your iphone to take a video of you drifting instead of purchasing a video camera?
sean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #5010
Red3KGT
Tri-State Addict

Member #8005

My Ride:
91 MR2 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
I actually won a baller magnet for fastest in my class
Red3KGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #5011
nuTinmuch
Tri-State Addict

Member #15637

My Ride:
09 370Z

Send a message via AIM to nuTinmuch
Do people seriously own non-jailbroken iPhones?

hm

(go the pro way, buy anything using android)
Old 08-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #5012
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean3 View Post
Purely for the sake of argument... If that's how you feel, why did you use your iphone to take a video of you drifting instead of purchasing a video camera?
I actually have a small flip video camera that I use for most of my shenanigans.

The reason I used my iPhone to shoot that in-car video was because the forward facing camera allowed me to frame the shot from the drivers seat and monitor the camera positioning during my run.

Quote:
Quote:
At this rate, though, it'll be 2015 before either of you gets yo whips running right.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:15 AM   #5013
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:

Oh and my apologies to those of you who I offended with my previous jail-breaking comments.

Didn't mean no harm, yo.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #5014
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3KGT View Post
Just because nobody could beat Cepa's STi in a straight line everybody wanted to call em out to auto-x where they feel as if they're slow cars would be able to compete. Smh...
Why bother saying everybody, just put my name in there I don't give a ****. If I or anyone else that's into real motorsports as opposed to "the car game" gave a crap about who is faster in a straight line we'd spend the money we put into tires and suspension on motor mods and be just as fast if not faster. The money I spent on just the full length subframes for my car with installation could have gone into a stupid nitrous setup and I'd stomp Cepa all over the bloody place but then I'd get bored with just pushing my right foot down and holding the wheel straight.

Straight line **** is for posers and people that only care about looking cool, those of us that are actually into motorsports turn our steering wheels

8 reps for your driver mod muscles

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Ciotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #5015
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciotti View Post
Why bother saying everybody, just put my name in there I don't give a ****. If I or anyone else that's into real motorsports as opposed to "the car game" gave a crap about who is faster in a straight line we'd spend the money we put into tires and suspension on motor mods and be just as fast if not faster. The money I spent on just the full length subframes for my car with installation could have gone into a stupid nitrous setup and I'd stomp Cepa all over the bloody place but then I'd get bored with just pushing my right foot down and holding the wheel straight.

Straight line **** is for posers and people that only care about looking cool, those of us that are actually into motorsports turn our steering wheels
I don't believe that comment was directed solely at you, I know other people challenged him to drive autocross.

But anyway, Cepa is probably the best driver under 21 I know, and I'd venture to say he'd give you a run for your money.

Also, I'm all for talking crap on what other people do, but I absolutely hate people who use the term "Poser". I'm fairly certain that Cepa isn't a poser, seeing that he's been driving in some form of Sanction Motorsport on a Semi-Professional Level for the Majority of his life.

If anything, you're a Poser because you're trying to act like a big boy when all you do is chase cones around a parking lot and call it "Motorsport".

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #5016
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:

So, to break up the whole talking crap thing that's going on here....

BAM!

I would so love to do that.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #5017
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Quote:
I don't believe that comment was directed solely at you, I know other people challenged him to drive autocross.

But anyway, Cepa is probably the best driver under 21 I know, and I'd venture to say he'd give you a run for your money.

Also, I'm all for talking crap on what other people do, but I absolutely hate people who use the term "Poser". I'm fairly certain that Cepa isn't a poser, seeing that he's been driving in some form of Sanction Motorsport on a Semi-Professional Level for the Majority of his life.

If anything, you're a Poser because you're trying to act like a big boy when all you do is chase cones around a parking lot and call it "Motorsport".
First of all, I wasn't calling Chris a poser at all, when he races he turns his steering wheel so therefore he isn't a poser.

As far as calling me a poser goes, if I'm a poser then I can't even imagine what that makes you??? I've been "drifting" since you were still in elementary school back when there was no such thing as a drift event in this country. When I became bored with that you were probably about to start high school and I started doing straight line horse **** which got old way fast. Then when you finally came into the "car scene" and swinging from the nuts of all these hideous "stanced" donk mobiles I started autocrossing and now run South Jersey's whole region, so if I'm a poser with 10+ years of being into motorsports then you must be a super poser I guess???

How many years do I need to be in motorsports to progress beyond poser, 20? 30? 40?????

And for the record, your post is such a perfect example of how little you actually know about motorsports it's absolutely hilarious.

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Old 08-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #5018
nuTinmuch
Tri-State Addict

Member #15637

My Ride:
09 370Z

Send a message via AIM to nuTinmuch
Ciotti, you sound like you would enjoy this: http://hellafunctional.com/

edit: on a side note, I still want to get into autocross, but every event so far has been at a terrible time for me.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #5019
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuTinmuch View Post
Ciotti, you sound like you would enjoy this: http://hellafunctional.com/

edit: on a side note, I still want to get into autocross, but every event so far has been at a terrible time for me.
Sean posted that site a while back, it's hilarious

Come on out to one of my events and either myself or another instructor will come with you for a few runs and figure out where you're losing the time. It could be something simple or a bad habit, I had picked up a nasty habit of turning in a bit too late towards the end of last season and the only way I figured it out was by bringing an instructor with me so he could see the lines I was running from the passenger seat.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #5020
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciotti View Post
First of all, I wasn't calling Chris a poser at all, when he races he turns his steering wheel so therefore he isn't a poser.

As far as calling me a poser goes, if I'm a poser then I can't even imagine what that makes you??? I've been "drifting" since you were still in elementary school back when there was no such thing as a drift event in this country. When I became bored with that you were probably about to start high school and I started doing straight line horse **** which got old way fast. Then when you finally came into the "car scene" and swinging from the nuts of all these hideous "stanced" donk mobiles I started autocrossing and now run South Jersey's whole region, so if I'm a poser with 10+ years of being into motorsports then you must be a super poser I guess???

How many years do I need to be in motorsports to progress beyond poser, 20? 30? 40?????

And for the record, your post is such a perfect example of how little you actually know about motorsports it's absolutely hilarious.
I stand corrected you did not call Cepa a Poser, though your original post did seem to imply that you were calling him a poser. Again, I stand corrected.

I retract my previous statement about you being a poser, seeing that your intent was to not call Cepa a poser. I do apologize.

Call me a poser all you want. I really don't care. I'm not out for anyone's approval, nor do I care what anyone thinks. I talk about drifting all the time, but I never drive events because I don't have a car that is event worthy at the moment. At this point, I can see why some would call me a poser.

Also, I don't claim to know about "Motorsport". I'm just saying that if you're going to talk crap about what someone else was doing, it'd have a lot more meaning if you were doing something more impressive than auto-cross. The way you come across here (I know, the internet is serious business) is like you've been driving since you popped out of the womb, like you've driven every vehicle from a Yugo to an F1 racer, and you're some expert connoisseur of anything with wheels that goes fast. Note, that wasn't meant in a malicious matter, I was just stating the way I, and some other people, read your posts.

I would prefer to end this debate here, the constant sh*t storm is getting rather tiresome.

Quote:
Quote: