TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Auto-X
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-23-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

SJSCCA/Philly SCCA Winter Autocross Series

South Jersey SCCA and Philly SCCA are having a joint winter series which will have 4 events total, 2 held at New Jersey Motorsports Park and 2 at Citizens Bank Park.

The dates are as follows...

Sunday, January 18, 2009 at New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville

Sunday, February 8, 2009 at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia

Sunday, March 8, 2009 at New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville

Sunday, March 22, 2009 at Citzens Bank Park in Philadelphia

I've run on the Citizen Bank Park lot which is phenominal and the NJMP lot is brand new pavement so I'm sure it will be great as well. At the Philly events there will be a 96db noise limit and ride alongs are allowed as long as your passenger has signed the waiver, at the NJMP events there is no noise limit but ride alongs are only allowed by instructors.

I'm going to all 4 events to beat the Solo 2 off season blues, come on out and join me!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

8 reps for your driver mod muscles

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Ciotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
evogsrviii
Tri-State Addict

Member #7186

My Ride:
05 TB Evo VIII GSR

nice shot with the city in the background. How do you know if your under the noise limit? 96db is that cruising at a certain speed?
evogsrviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

They have a decibel meter there that monitors you while you are on track, my Cobra is brutally loud and with a set of silencing exhaust tip inserts installed I was at 95 - 96 db

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Old 12-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
frosti108
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5883

My Ride:
Track- RB S13. Street- 2J SC300 + SR S14

Send a message via AIM to frosti108
so is it just a show up and race type of deal or what? is there anything I would need to have done to my car before hand? i want to try
frosti108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

It's best to register before hand, when that is available I'll grab the link and post it here, as far as your car it basically just has to be in good safe running order with all loose items emptied out of the interior and trunk. Here is a link with a bunch of info on how normal SJSCCA events run... http://www.sjr-scca.org/solo/solo_logistics.html

Old 12-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #6
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:
04 EVO Wrecked by Oakes Detailing

soon as they open registration I'm there!

evogsrviii - your car should be fine for the noise requirements as long as you don't have an open dump tube. my EVO was at 93dB with a catless TBE @ WOT
frosti108 - like Ciotti said as long as you have a safe car & a helmet you can race.

couple of helpful tips:
Make sure you remove all the loose items from the car before coming to tech.
make sure your battery is tied-down/secure and there aren't any "loose" or floopy things in the engine compartment.
bring some warm clothes and dress in layers cause you'll likely be standing outside for a good bit.

Jessie James
alwaysinboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

There will be loaner helmets at all these events if you don't have your own

Old 12-23-2008, 08:11 PM   #8
PayUpSuka
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #10545

My Ride:
'88 LX 5.0

Send a message via AIM to PayUpSuka
I would love to do this, I just don't have the suspension/brakes for it.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #9
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

I'm in if there will be snow on the ground lol

peteyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:17 PM   #10
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:
04 EVO Wrecked by Oakes Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayUpSuka View Post
I would love to do this, I just don't have the suspension/brakes for it.
you don't need anything other then a running car. its 90% driver and 10% car.

Jessie James
alwaysinboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #11
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
What I wanna know is where Ciotti gets his mounting hardware for his videos.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:48 PM   #12
PayUpSuka

Member #10545

My Ride:
'88 LX 5.0

Send a message via AIM to PayUpSuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysinboost View Post
you don't need anything other then a running car. its 90% driver and 10% car.
Hmm, Then I might be up for it.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:23 PM   #13
piknockout
Tri-State Addict

Member #1855

My Ride:
2006 Subaru STi

Note to weather: PLEASE SNOW!!! I need to test out the new AWD boost buggy.

These events will more than likely be run even if it is currently or has recently snowed, iced, or rained. It's like the postal service!

I should be there for the CBP events, but more than likely not the NJMP events. See you guys out there.

3 STU - 2006 Philly STX Champ - 2007/2008 WDCR STX Champ - Sponsored by
piknockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:21 AM   #14
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
sooo how strict are they on the sound... the only thing that keeps me from autox is my exhaust and I cant afford to do anything with it

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:41 AM   #15
evogsrviii
Tri-State Addict

Member #7186

My Ride:
05 TB Evo VIII GSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysinboost View Post
soon as they open registration I'm there!

evogsrviii - your car should be fine for the noise requirements as long as you don't have an open dump tube. my EVO was at 93dB with a catless TBE @ WOT
frosti108 - like Ciotti said as long as you have a safe car & a helmet you can race.

couple of helpful tips:
Make sure you remove all the loose items from the car before coming to tech.
make sure your battery is tied-down/secure and there aren't any "loose" or floopy things in the engine compartment.
bring some warm clothes and dress in layers cause you'll likely be standing outside for a good bit.
cool thanks. I really want to get involved in autox. I am going to register this weekend. I guess most people are in the Phil region? Can you participate in events that other regions host(eg. S jersey events)?
evogsrviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:22 AM   #16
Charged SVTF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4118

My Ride:
2002 Ford Focus SVT

Send a message via AIM to Charged SVTF Send a message via Yahoo to Charged SVTF
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
sooo how strict are they on the sound... the only thing that keeps me from autox is my exhaust and I cant afford to do anything with it
You wont make the 96 db limit.

I will try and make ALL the events. So see yall there and you are more than welcome to hop in for a ride.....helps my FWD traction exiting turns if there is a passenger.

FocusSport CoolFlo Intake - Focus Central 65mm TB - Ford Racing Coated Headers - Cat Delete - Borla 2.5"
Charged SVTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:46 AM   #17
cluelessmale

Member #3059

we are hoping to have our FM car done by first event
cluelessmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:26 AM   #18
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nfl1kt View Post
What I wanna know is where Ciotti gets his mounting hardware for his videos.
http://www.filmtools.com/cleatsuccamm.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by evogsrviii View Post
cool thanks. I really want to get involved in autox. I am going to register this weekend. I guess most people are in the Phil region? Can you participate in events that other regions host(eg. S jersey events)?
The registration isn't opened yet but I'll post a link to it when it is, you can compete with any region you'd like there aren't any restrictions there.

Last edited by Ciotti; 12-24-2008 at 02:28 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:20 AM   #19
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
I will be there, come hell or high water.

If I join the SCCA, my membership is good starting that day and for 12 months forward right?
Old 12-24-2008, 04:24 AM   #20
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
How much is membership?