TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic > General Entertainment
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #21
Erik@R/TTuning
Former Vendor

Member #17281

My Ride:
2000 MR2 Spyder

This season has been the best yet and it is only just getting started.
Erik@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #22
devildog214
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15356

My Ride:
1994 Pontiac Trans Am

yeah, havent seen the comic but have seen sooooo many hipsters spoiling it for me. I think the woodbury people and ricks group will cross paths soon. they have to with all thats happened so far. Im happy that the kid has finally grown balls, im happy that lori is dead and no longer pulling rick's puppet strings. Tdog the token black man is sadly gone but seems to have been replaced with the one prisoner
devildog214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #23
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:
2007 SRT8 Jeep / 2013 Shelby GT500

So I never watched this show and caught 1 episode of it this past Sunday. Obviously everyone in this threads likes the show, so I know I'm going to get some **** for this, but how can anyone like the show? The acting is terrible, and the entire thing looks so fake. You can tell they are in front of a green screen or something the entire time.

Am I missing why this show is so awesome? lol
05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #24
ToyotaTat
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2475

My Ride:
1990 Toyota Camry

Send a message via AIM to ToyotaTat
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT View Post
So I never watched this show and caught 1 episode of it this past Sunday. Obviously everyone in this threads likes the show, so I know I'm going to get some **** for this, but how can anyone like the show? The acting is terrible, and the entire thing looks so fake. You can tell they are in front of a green screen or something the entire time.

your missing the entire point of a tv series...the story
Old 11-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #25
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT View Post

It's one of the most unrealistic TV shows ever created, but I watch it because it's at least an attempt to show what life would be like after the collapse of civilization. Again, it's so far off base and so fake it's laughable, but at least the subject matter is interesting.

Oh, and because zombies.

Last edited by DC2.2GSR; 11-07-2012 at 09:11 PM.
DC2.2GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #26
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

^ Pic just says "visit zombie-forum.com to view this image"

FRP™ #5
HatchSurfer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #27
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

haha that sucks. I just searched google for awesome zombie gifs. Earlier and they worked fine. oh well
Old 11-08-2012, 01:21 AM   #28
Bubba Ho-Tep
Tri-State Addict

Member #558

My Ride:
2014 Corvette Stingray

Last weeks episode has to go down as the best one in the shows history....WOW.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #29
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:
2007 SRT8 Jeep / 2013 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaTat View Post
your missing the entire point of a tv series...the story
But it's so painful to watch lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
It's one of the most unrealistic TV shows ever created, but I watch it because it's at least an attempt to show what life would be like after the collapse of civilization. Again, it's so far off base and so fake it's laughable, but at least the subject matter is interesting.

Oh, and because zombies.
Zombies are cool yes. And yeah, I get the idea of the show, and it's an interesting concept, I just feel that if it wasn't so fake, it could be tons more successful and perhaps draw in even more viewers.

But I digress, I'll leave the thread alone and let you fans enjoy the show lol.
05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #30
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

What exactly is so fake about it? Besides zombies of course.

Also, you said you can tell that the entire show is shot in front of a green screen? Are you talking about when they are killing zombies or what? I know they release 20+ behind the scene videos each season, and they are always in real locations, with real actors as the zombies? I am sure some of the zombies that are totally ****ed up have some magic work behind them, but there really aren't that many of those zombies in the show.
mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #31
BlkWhtTSI
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7329

My Ride:
1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, '701/2 Camaro RS, '85 Mustang GT

Send a message via AIM to BlkWhtTSI
Dont like it because they create their vfx with a Green Screen? Sooo you must hate 99% of movies that have come out in the past 10 years.

If anything it makes it that much more awesome that they created this world. Here's a video to show you how its done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y4Zute7ARY
Quote:
Get some signatures in so you can post pics of your car.
BlkWhtTSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #32
Erik@R/TTuning
Former Vendor

Member #17281

My Ride:
2000 MR2 Spyder

I think the show looks fantastic for a TV show with a TV show budget.
Erik@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #33
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

Yea I think it's pretty good special effects for what it is. As far as acting....the white prisoner is just terrible haha. Other than that I don't think its all that bad. I've seen much worse. I think this season is pretty damn epic already

FRP™ #5
HatchSurfer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #34
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict

Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

Send a message via AIM to Tru2Blu Send a message via MSN to Tru2Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Tru2Blu
Caught a couple episodes of season two about a week ago. From those two episodes i decided to catch up. Watch season 1 and 2 in about 3 days and found the first 4 episodes of season 3 on demand. Needless to say i am hooked now... Last episode was great. Carl is a little beast now, Rick is no longer a bitch and that skank of a wife he had is history, and i am happy with that. I couldnt stand her. Daryl (sp) that's my nigga! The Governor is up to something and im interested to know what. Is it Sunday yet? lol
Old 11-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #35
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Blu View Post
Carl is a little beast now
This! He was so annoying previously, and now hes pretty awesome.
mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #36
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

This season is turning out real good. I can't wait to see what happens when the blond chick they left behind meets up with the crew again with that guys brother.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #37
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict

Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

Send a message via AIM to Tru2Blu Send a message via MSN to Tru2Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Tru2Blu
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcperson2k View Post
This! He was so annoying previously, and now hes pretty awesome.
He's the man.

The whole baby situation is scary though. That and Hershal will hold them back. And whats up with ther black chick with the dreads and the one black dude that runs with the Governor? I sense something between them.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #38
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcperson2k View Post
What exactly is so fake about it? Besides zombies of course.

Also, you said you can tell that the entire show is shot in front of a green screen? Are you talking about when they are killing zombies or what? I know they release 20+ behind the scene videos each season, and they are always in real locations, with real actors as the zombies? I am sure some of the zombies that are totally ****ed up have some magic work behind them, but there really aren't that many of those zombies in the show.
What's fake about it?

- Nearly every aspect regarding their survival up to this point, especially at the farm. Where are they getting food? Clean water? Those two things would take up probably 80% of their day and their other resources. That's a known fact in any survival situation. How would they secure the farm? One person on watch surely wouldn't have been enough. The whole second season they were going about their business on that farm like they had nothing to worry about other than the occasional walker encounter.

- Firearms and their usage. This is the number one thing that stands out to anyone who knows anything about guns. First of all, they continue on using only their measly pistols and revolvers and completely ignored the piles of weapons, ammo and vehicles at the CDC. That's reason enough to dismiss the entire show as ridiculous. Add in the fact that recoil is non-existent and round count is never an issue (Hershel's never ending 12 ga.), the effortless head shots at any distance with any weapon, etc. and it makes it pretty funny.

- Interaction with other groups they encounter. People would not allow others to join their group unless they had significant skills or supplies to offer and would not end up as a hindrance to the group. Things would be far more cutthroat and in no way would you see much sympathy even for the most helpless people. The Governor killing the soldiers was the most realistic part of the series so far in the sense that they had something he wanted and he would kill them and take control of the supplies rather than include them in his group. The unrealistic part of that scenario is where "battle hardened" soldiers (at least 1 yr. + of collapse survival, saying nothing of pre-collapse training and experience) simply stand there without reacting while they are being massacred. The soldiers would have been the ones in control of that situation, even when being attacked.

- Terrible inconsistencies with the transmission of the virus (how and why people become walkers). A scratch or bite turns you, yet they can hack off heads and splatter blood all over themselves at contact distance with no consequences. They worry about a walker that fell into the well but not about the ones that are contaminating the rest of the water supply. Daryl can fire bolts into walkers' heads and then just rip them out and reuse them after wiping the blood on his jeans.

I could go on and on. I understand that it's just a TV show and that they're more focused on the story, but you asked how it's fake and these are just a few examples. With that said, I do enjoy the show and I've watched every episode. It's just that while other people watch and don't see or care about the fake stuff, I laugh at every commercial break because of how ridiculously unrealistic it is.

And yeah, I'm pretty psyched about this season as well. Carl is getting better, although I still think he's pretty annoying. They're finally starting to get a little crazier and show some more serious issues instead of the interpersonal drama. Hopefully it stays that way.

Last edited by DC2.2GSR; 11-08-2012 at 02:41 PM.
DC2.2GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #39
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

People like you ^ need to turn their TV off. You have a small imagination. And some of your talking points have answers inside the show.
VETTE_50_TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #40
yellow2000S/R
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2462

My Ride:
1996 7.3 f250, 2001 Focus wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
What's fake about it?
If you watched the show more, a lot of your questions would be answered.

No **** it's fake. LOL
yellow2000S/R is offline   Reply With Quote