TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 07-13-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
zuki19
Tri-State Addict

Member #7163

My Ride:
1999 Turbo Grand AM GT

Ford Focus RS

Anyone see this car?? i think it's pretty sick even though i hate fords to death

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T....htm?shid=5035
zuki19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
DsmRob
Tri-State Addict

Member #10847

My Ride:
'90 Talon Tsi, '91 Talon Tsi, '92 gvr4, '04 Escape

I always loved the RS, Ford is suppose to be coming out w/ something similar but I believe w/ a 1.8 ecoboost.
DsmRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #3
Nors
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2210

My Ride:
2011 VW GTI

Send a message via AIM to Nors
LOL @ Jeremy referring to the cage in the Renault. "Oh look, its all full of scaffolding. "
2002 Volkswagen GTi - Sold |1995 Honda Accord - Sold | 1993 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD Project - Sold | 1996 Acura Integra RS - Sold
Nors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
BoostedG
Tri-State Addict

Member #14152

My Ride:
04 Inifiniti G35

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuki19 View Post
Anyone see this car?? i think it's pretty sick even though i hate fords to death

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T....htm?shid=5035
its looks hott and it has 300hp
Old 07-13-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
05 mazda6s
Tri-State Addict

Member #5265

My Ride:
2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

Send a message via AIM to 05 mazda6s
I've looked into this car and it is impressive. It's amazing it has no torque steer for being a FWD. The handling is so good they were comparing it to the nissan gtr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZL8uPemi3k
Old 07-13-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

Heard it was going to be 51k... not worth it imo
mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
zuki19
Tri-State Addict

Member #7163

My Ride:
1999 Turbo Grand AM GT

definatly not worth 51k... haha. but it is pretty sick.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 mazda6s View Post
I've looked into this car and it is impressive. It's amazing it has no torque steer for being a FWD. The handling is so good they were comparing it to the nissan gtr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZL8uPemi3k
If u watch the video, u will see that it does have torque steer, and a noticeable amount of it. Maybe ford has tried to get rid of it, but at most they have limited the amount because there still is obviously a decent amount.

and it wouldnt be 51k here in the states. cars in general are just more money in the UK. It would probly be 35-40k here in the states. Competitive with the EVO and STI.
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #9
white96464v
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3075

My Ride:
96 cobra

Send a message via AIM to white96464v
I'm sorry, but I dont think that anyone is buying a 40k focus....It will have to sticker for under 30k to have any kind of a market
1996 laser red cobra
stock bottom end/noisy gear drive
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
white96464v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #10
Nors
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2210

My Ride:
2011 VW GTI

Send a message via AIM to Nors
25 BPD = more like 42k. Still alot.
2002 Volkswagen GTi - Sold |1995 Honda Accord - Sold | 1993 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD Project - Sold | 1996 Acura Integra RS - Sold
Nors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #11
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

Im not throwing out a guess... one of the videos specifically said 51,000 dollars. Sure it will probably be lower, but that's the price they stated.
mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:11 PM   #12
captainhook
Tri-State Addict

Member #9586

Hmm, GTR vs RS, I wonder which one I'd take.
captainhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Guys. Cars in general as well as other goods cost more over there. It's not just a matter of coverting currency. There's all these tariffs and other charges that cars get on top of price. Look at it this way back in the day an FD RX7 coated the equivelant of around 60k over there. It was never that much over here not even close. Same goes here

Ps. People pay around 40k here for imprezas and lancers with similar performance numbers and public image. All over a few letters, a turbo, and some springs. Right?

Last edited by ndubz; 07-13-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #14
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
that is actually pretty cool and i hate fords

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #15
zuki19
Tri-State Addict

Member #7163

My Ride:
1999 Turbo Grand AM GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonIS View Post
that is actually pretty cool and i hate fords
I totally agree
Old 07-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #16
jersey_emt
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #14199

My Ride:
2004 Mazdaspeed MX-5 Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndubz View Post
Guys. Cars in general as well as other goods cost more over there. It's not just a matter of coverting currency. There's all these tariffs and other charges that cars get on top of price. Look at it this way back in the day an FD RX7 coated the equivelant of around 60k over there. It was never that much over here not even close. Same goes here

Ps. People pay around 40k here for imprezas and lancers with similar performance numbers and public image. All over a few letters, a turbo, and some springs. Right?
Exactly. Cars cost more in GB than they do here, so you can't just convert pounds to dollars.

It would be great if Ford brought the RS over here to North America, but I'm not holding my breath. We're still using the old Focus platform here.
jersey_emt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #17
PnS
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7850

My Ride:
2013 Focus ST

This RS isn't coming over to the U.S. If we get an RS or SVT again, it will be made in Michigan and adapted for the US, hence, no 51k...you have no clue what it'll cost cause it's not coming over. When the MKIII platform comes here, think more like Mazdaspeed3...27-29k. Oh, and this car beat the Ford GT around Ford of Europe's private track in Belgium. She's a beaut...and Ford is putting out some of the best cars on the road today.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:00 PM   #18
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnS View Post
This RS isn't coming over to the U.S. If we get an RS or SVT again, it will be made in Michigan and adapted for the US, hence, no 51k...you have no clue what it'll cost cause it's not coming over. When the MKIII platform comes here, think more like Mazdaspeed3...27-29k. Oh, and this car beat the Ford GT around Ford of Europe's private track in Belgium. She's a beaut...and Ford is putting out some of the best cars on the road today.
In Europe........but not in their own ****ing country.

Look, idk why there even is an "American focus" why arent all focus' the same ones from europe (with a few safty mods, but the same) cuz the euro spec focus is amazing. And our version is a piece of ****. idk why the **** they do that ****. And its not like there isnt a market for it here, in fact the market for lower cost performance cars has never been bigger and more diverse. any ford executive who thinks theres no market here in the US, needs to get out in the world and see just how many WRXs, evos, MS3s, Zs, Si's, etc. theres alot of them. its actually a decent size market segment now a days. So they are retarded if they dont bring it here.

Its things like this that make me think that Ford is ****ed for the long run because they didnt get a kick in the ass here like Chrysler and GM did. I just see them carrying on they way theyve been doing for years, a way that is not working and that almost killed the US auto industry. They need to get their heads out of their asses.

/rant
Old 07-15-2009, 01:16 AM   #19
PnS
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7850

My Ride:
2013 Focus ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndubz View Post
In Europe........but not in their own ****ing country.

Look, idk why there even is an "American focus" why arent all focus' the same ones from europe (with a few safty mods, but the same) cuz the euro spec focus is amazing. And our version is a piece of ****. idk why the **** they do that ****. And its not like there isnt a market for it here, in fact the market for lower cost performance cars has never been bigger and more diverse. any ford executive who thinks theres no market here in the US, needs to get out in the world and see just how many WRXs, evos, MS3s, Zs, Si's, etc. theres alot of them. its actually a decent size market segment now a days. So they are retarded if they dont bring it here.

Its things like this that make me think that Ford is ****ed for the long run because they didnt get a kick in the ass here like Chrysler and GM did. I just see them carrying on they way theyve been doing for years, a way that is not working and that almost killed the US auto industry. They need to get their heads out of their asses.

/rant
The old bosses at Ford are to blame for running the company into the ground. When Alan Mullaly was put in charge the company was in real bad shape, so his first priority was to stabilize and restructure things. That's been done, and now they are in the process of stepping up with the Ecoboost line of motors, and new car designs. It started with the Edge, now the new Fusion, the new F-series and Super Duties, the newly facelifted Mustang (with the return of the 5.0 in a couple years) and will continue with the new Taurus (including the new SHO which is gonna be a beast), and the new Fusion GT in development which is rumored to have a turbo Ecoboost engine and AWD. So actually, Ford had the foresight to know that they were f-ed about 4 years ago and started taking action then, but GM and Chrysler needed the gov't to keep them from being screwed, but they still are in deep trouble.

I'll say it again...Ford is putting some of the nicest cars on the road here in the States. The whole Ford, Lincoln, Merc line is stepped up and very nice.

Oh, and the Focus sucks here in the US because the old chiefs found it necessary not to bring over the old RS because of cost and the infringement on the Mustang's territory. Don't forget too the the Focus has been a top ten Car and Driver car many times. Now that new management has globalized the Fiesta and soon to be Focus, we will have a fun Focus again.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:34 AM   #20
RBrum
Tri-State Addict

Member #8681

My Ride:
04 Subaru STI

Send a message via AIM to RBrum
car is crazy with 300whp, i couldnt justify paying that much for fwd car if it where to be more then 30k.
RBrum is offline   Reply With Quote