TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-16-2007, 09:45 AM   #21
Supraholic
Tri-State Addict

Member #1791

Congrats! I foresee a change in direction for TST! :D - You really have to own a Supra to really appreciate it. Once you have one...you're hooked!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Supraholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #22
scutzi128
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6101

My Ride:
04 STi

Send a message via AIM to scutzi128
Im so jealous of you man...gl with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Traded in for STi

best 1/4 of 13.5 threw a rod

XBL GT: Bison Lover

scutzi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:39 AM   #23
mr_eh
Tri-State Addict

Member #1149

My Ride:
Zenki S14 - Sold the SRT4

Mmmm. But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes yes... I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if you were driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam...

at this point you would not be a self-indulgent wiener, sir... You'd be a connoisseur.

then you have to get ready for the champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet ropes would part.

--obscure? congrats on car who wouldnt like one?

no thread for current s2000.
mr_eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #24
redline
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #784

Send a message via AIM to redline
Good pick!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #25
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
Ahhh finally its posted. Congrats Bryan. Can't wait to see it. My bet right here is that the subaru will be sold within 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
S4toSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:55 AM   #26
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
uhh. wow. Congrats.

Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:03 AM   #27
BlackTypeR
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #459

Send a message via AIM to BlackTypeR
Awesome Bryan! Josh told me about this a couple days ago. I couldn't believe it. Good luck with it.
BlackTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:21 AM   #28
jdmwill
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5436

My Ride:
daily s13 slammed drifty ready, drift car ae86 sr20 powered...20" mongoose for fun

welcome to the toyota family troll.i still think your the devil.lol nice catch bro.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #29
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
I....hate you
Old 12-16-2007, 11:45 AM   #30
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
now that definately shocked me. WTF.

wow, dude. You are really making bank on the side. Congrats!

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
D Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:56 AM   #31
turbo4g63
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1057

My Ride:
98' 4runner

Send a message via AIM to turbo4g63
^that's what i was gonna say....how much did this cost????? I always wanted a supra, but i'm not willing to pay 30g's for a 100,000 mile car that is 10 years old
Old 12-16-2007, 12:00 PM   #32
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

I don't think you'll like it as much as you think you will given your driving style. Congrats though.

BTW Bryan, do you still live with your parents?

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone

Last edited by MuddyREX; 12-16-2007 at 12:02 PM.
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #33
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
nice pickup

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:16 PM   #34
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
Let me know if there's anything you need me to look up or price at the dealer level. PM's are best, as you know I am never around my IM...
Old 12-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #35
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT View Post
Looks sweet. Can't see you in a Supra yet, but I can say I like it a hell of a lot more then the subie.

Not to mention, black is my favorite color as well.

Funny you say that. Sounds like what you and I were talking about at the FW meet awhile back, about how easy and cheap it is to make so much power out of 03/04 cobras, compared to how much money it takes other cars. Supras are just like it, obviously you know this lol. I'm sure it will be exciting working on her!

Another edit - Bryan, are those SSR wheels? They look like the ones I was looking at, http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...el-silver.html. $600+ each. Ouch lol.
Yeah, SSR GT3 wheels... they have slightly stretched 235 tires on the front and slightly stretched 275 tires on the rear so i'm going to guess they're the pretty standard 9 and 10" widths that supra guys go with, or close to it. Both passenger wheels have really minor small curb rash for an inch or two but otherwise they look to be in really good shape aside from needing to be cleaned. I like them but I dont love them, so its definitely not a priority now but I might try to swap them out for something I really love. I dont plan to do much exterior work to this car, but I do want a set of badass wheels
And yeah we were talking about how different cars make power more easily and how its just not fair with a Cobra, haha. Well, now I know. This past week of looking into Supra stuff and learning about it has really given me a different perspective. I almost feel silly spending... um... a lot of money on a turbo, injectors, alcohol injection, and all the supporting mods for the WRX when it will 'only' make 450 whp or so at best. Just crazy to now have a car where 600 whp is considered reasonable and pretty mild really, its the norm. Regardless, I love the Subie and plan on finishing the last couple of things on it. Then I hope to NOT mod it for a while, but rather just drive the hell out of it and enjoy it. Wow that sounds nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNZTuning View Post
Congrats on the pick up man! You're going to love that car once it's running well!! Makes me miss mine...nearly identical to that one.

-Chris
Its got such a presence, I love it. Its a great looking car. Its just... great .

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwrxkid View Post
now that definately shocked me. WTF.

wow, dude. You are really making bank on the side. Congrats!
told you I was doing something you wouldn't expect, right? Nobody thought a different car though, haha. I just didnt want to tell everyone in case this didnt work out, I'd hate to have to talk about how "no, i didnt get the supra". But its mine now
See answer to Muddy's question below for response to the 'bank' question... but it mostly comes down to the income to expense ratio. Not that anyone needs to know my financial situation but its more a matter of low expenses rather than high income. This car is kind of an investment in a way because of the value of them as collectors items.. But I do know that my expenses will be skyrocketing in the near future so I basically just save all my extra cash for when the whole house thing comes around. I just couldnt pass on this in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo4g63 View Post
^that's what i was gonna say....how much did this cost????? I always wanted a supra, but i'm not willing to pay 30g's for a 100,000 mile car that is 10 years old
well, its got 80k on it which isn't bad. Its also not running which kills the value of the car. I am going to be replacing and repairing things right to get it in tip top shape. I just recognized this as a bargain that was 100% repairable and I knew I was able to pull it off with a little time and a little money, so I said F it and the rest is history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyREX View Post
I don't think you'll like it as much as you think you will given your driving style. Congrats though.

BTW Bryan, do you still live with your parents?
I do agree partially... I love auto-x and I find it hard to believe it would do well there, although they do fairly well on a road course and I am definitely planning to get into that this year (Subie will be ready, Supra probably wouldnt be though). Also, I always thought Supras weighed 4000 lbs, but actually they weigh 3500 and they are very well balanced. Thats only 250 lbs more than an STi. I know what you're saying though, and its one of the reasons that this is not a replacement for my Subie.
And yeah I am still living at home for now. Kind of passively on a house hunt but I've been feeling things out with the market while waiting for a house to really slap me in the face to the point that I knew I had to buy it. Still looking, and still interested in getting started with that, but my current living situation isn't bad at all so one thing I have going for me right now is time. Hopefully going to find a fixer upper and live at home for a while as I make the new home liveable, but we'll see. I'd like to stay in this general area and houses around here are priced painfully high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mike View Post
Let me know if there's anything you need me to look up or price at the dealer level. PM's are best, as you know I am never around my IM...
Thanks a lot mike, I was actually wondering if you were still working at Toyota... I really wish we talked more often than we do. I will shoot you a PM with a couple of the bigger things I'm going to need and if you can look into it that'd be awesome... thanks again for that offer.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 12-16-2007 at 12:39 PM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #36
vwcorradokid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #177

My Ride:
'11 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson, '93 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mike View Post
Thanks for offering cheap parts for me. LOL j/k...95% of the parts I've been buying are aftermarket anyway, just wanted to bust your balls. Where've you been lately? You need to get out to a meet sometime soon. Maybe when Troll and I both have the Supras back on the road.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #37
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
Honestly though Bryan when was the last time you actually Auto Xed? This is an awesome find, and I personally am going to have to steal it from you. As much as you love the bugeye I dont see it slightly comparing to a Supra even in its current condition.

Chalk up another one for the jealous train! Awesome car Bryan, just paint those brakes black again, it makes it look tacky.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:10 PM   #38
LPC
Former Vendor

Member #5666

My Ride:
92 Eagle Talon TSI

Wow congrats! I been thinking about one myself and building it up. I love supras
LPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #39
den9
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1198

My Ride:
turbo diesel

Send a message via AIM to den9
when i scrolled down my jaw dropped.

i guess ull be living at home for a lil while
den9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:45 PM   #40
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

Good stuff Bryan. I am happy to see that you bought it. My jealousy meter is pegged.
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote