TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 08-01-2008, 08:05 PM   #1
Keeper1343
Tri-State Addict

Member #5714

My Ride:
99 Honda Prelude... get some.

Send a message via AIM to Keeper1343 Send a message via Yahoo to Keeper1343
want to know ur feelings on something

Every once in awhile i come across a story about how some kid was street racing and the police somehow or another actually can take ur vechical from you and u can't get it back... How is this possible? How is it legal for someone (no matter who it is) to take something thats not legally yours in the first place? Anywhere else that is considered stealing.
Keeper1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:03 PM   #2
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
There are a variety of reasons that your car can be impounded, and in California they passed a law that if you are caught with stolen parts on your car, they will take your car and crush it. I'm not sure what they have that applies to racing.
The police aren't making it up as they go, they are following the laws that have been put in place, so make sure you're educated enough on laws and how they apply to you if you don't want to be caught off guard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:42 AM   #3
Keeper1343
Tri-State Addict

Member #5714

My Ride:

troll, im saying how they can just take it from you. Why can't they just fine the **** out of you? It should be illegal to just take someones car and use it as their own then.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:00 AM   #4
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
I'm waiting for Sarge to chime in here since this is his section but in the meantime it might be helpful if you can provide a little more information about what you are referencing because its not clear specifically what you're talking about. Also maybe try to do some research on the laws that you're worried about.
What is illegal is street racing... the penalties for that will be carried out how they should be as they are written in the laws, whether its a fine, impounding, etc. Your best bet is probably to not break any laws and then you don't have to worry about it

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:09 PM   #5
Keeper1343
Tri-State Addict

Member #5714

My Ride:

i didn't break the law... this is something that i brought up in a convo and just wanted to know the specifics. But thanks troll
Old 08-02-2008, 02:13 PM   #6
Sarge
Tri-State Addict

Member #5130

My Ride:
2006 Crown Victoria Police "Interceptor".

Yeah, it’s all how a law is written and passed. (Don't you guys get civics in school any more?) Anyway it’s not illegal for the government (that’s the police) to take or impound property that was used in a crime. Street racing is a crime. Let’s put it this way if you used a gun to rob someone and you lawfully owned that gun do you think the police have a "right" to take that gun away from you?

Last edited by Sarge; 08-02-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote