TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-24-2014, 10:17 PM   #21
yellow2000S/R
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2462

My Ride:
1996 7.3 f250, 2001 Focus wagon

Sure it doesn't need to relearn? Any time my brother has his battery off for extended periods, his car will idle like complete **** and stall for upwards of 30 miles of driving.
yellow2000S/R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:17 PM   #22
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipman View Post
User error...
Haha DICK. I may be statically destroying them......
blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:28 PM   #23
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow2000S/R View Post
Sure it doesn't need to relearn? Any time my brother has his battery off for extended periods, his car will idle like complete **** and stall for upwards of 30 miles of driving.
Hmm, I don't know. I did have the battery disconnected. I shall research.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:33 PM   #24
yellow2000S/R
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2462

My Ride:
1996 7.3 f250, 2001 Focus wagon

Hit up DIY and drop $799. My bro has had one for 1.5-2 yrs and still hasn't put it in or got it tuned. With it, it'd learn faster haha.

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/m...25i-p-502.html
yellow2000S/R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:40 PM   #25
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow2000S/R View Post
Hit up DIY and drop $799. My bro has had one for 1.5-2 yrs and still hasn't put it in or got it tuned. With it, it'd learn faster haha.

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/m...25i-p-502.html
Haha yup, I'm trying to avoid it, but I'm slowly coming to wits end with the turtle stock ECU.

I've been wanting to pick one of whodwho's setups up, same deal as DIY.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=202653

I'm going to have to tune this pig on alpha-n which is a paaain on the Motronic too, more reason to switch. We shall see...
Old 09-24-2014, 11:33 PM   #26
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

No go on that battery relearn. Car runs 100% on 173 and 380 ECUs with stock chips back in. Doesn't run when chip is in.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:40 AM   #27
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue91lx View Post
Haha DICK. I may be statically destroying them......
Lawl.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:58 PM   #28
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Megasquirt good ya
Old 10-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #29
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

The next chip he sent me he sent via 2day Priority so it doesn't get the xray scan (for real) and it worked perfect. I sent the old ones back and he said that was the culprit. Who knows.

Got the Magnaflow installed! This thing sounds GREAT. Very throaty sound with no rasp. Perfect for that M20 scream up top. Brackets do require some modification though, which I still have yet to do.

My linkage is horrendous so I thought I'd do some investigating. I think I found the culprit. Also, excuse the dirt, she's getting a deep cleaning this weekend, once and for all.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:03 PM   #30
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:

I wish we lived closer, Id like to have my hands in that car

Quote:
Old 10-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #31
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Quote:
I wish we lived closer, Id like to have my hands in that car
I know, man, I don't have any car buddies to wrench with either. Heidi could use your help. How'd that timing belt work out? I saw it kicked the dust on IG, so depressing.

I installed my H&Rs on the iX this weekend only to find that the rear springs I was sent are for an iS, so it basically drags on the ground- they're completely wrong but still fit since the design of the trailing arms are the same.

And, 3 miles after installing my fronts, my front passenger axle exploded. What would owning an iX be like without all of this fun stuff?!

Some shots from yesterday, I wish I would've noticed that the springs were wrong early on....

Ride height.

Last edited by blue91lx; 10-05-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #32
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:

Yeah its a bitch, I knew I needed one but I was just putting it off. The cars still down at the moment, waiting to see if I bent any valves. It sucks because I had that money marked for other things and now I need to fix this.

And that sucks about the axle too.

I wish I didnt care about cars, I want to just sell everything and buy a prius and call it a day. I know Ill regret it and want to get another car to work on. This is a stupid hobby to have, an annoying one to care about.

Quote:
Old 10-05-2014, 09:55 PM   #33
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Quote:
Yeah its a bitch, I knew I needed one but I was just putting it off. The cars still down at the moment, waiting to see if I bent any valves. It sucks because I had that money marked for other things and now I need to fix this.

And that sucks about the axle too.

I wish I didnt care about cars, I want to just sell everything and buy a prius and call it a day. I know Ill regret it and want to get another car to work on. This is a stupid hobby to have, an annoying one to care about.
Ya, opposing 4s are no fun to break a timing belt on. Not what you want to hear, but if you were driving when it snapped there's like a 99% chance some valves hit some pistons. I have the engine out of a WRX right now doing head gaskets and a tbelt. They're honestly pretty easy to work on once you get the crap out of the way. Pulling the heads in the car is a pain in the ass though.

I've been in the same boat as you in those thoughts (stupid hobby). That was my whole reason for the Touring purchase and the sale of the Evo and the red E30 (and all the other E30s). I wanted something that I can just drive without working on all of the time so I bought the Touring, and it ended up leaking a different fluid every week, so far it's been the whole power steering system, then the cooling system, and now the rear main, not to mention every bushing on the car has gone bad in two months. Ready to drive it off a bridge.

I wanted a car to tinker with that would be clean and not stressful so I picked up this iX, and it's proven to be the exact opposite thus far.

The car hobby can be summed up very easily: Murphy's Law.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #34
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:

So true, I have buddies that literally dont care, barely put oil in a 94 taurus and it runs perfect. There is a widebody BRZ that Ive seen with a huge decal on the wing that says "financial mistake". Everytime I see it I laugh because thats exactly how I feel. It seems like nonstop nonsense, Ive had pretty good luck with both of the current cars but everything seems to happen at once, I was also saving up to handle a couple things which is now put on hold. Its just annoying, if I didnt care about cars, I would just buy a civic and keep it forever and be rolling in cash lol.

Quote:
Old 10-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #35
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Get a stock Honda or Toyota for a DD. And keep them stock. I've put 60,000 miles on my old civic and it has NEVER left me stranded.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #36
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:

I pretty much need something awd, I am essential for work and work about 40 miles away from home, so I need something that isnt an issue in the snow yet still gets solid mpg's

Quote:
Old 10-06-2014, 10:13 PM   #37
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Quote:
So true, I have buddies that literally dont care, barely put oil in a 94 taurus and it runs perfect. There is a widebody BRZ that Ive seen with a huge decal on the wing that says "financial mistake". Everytime I see it I laugh because thats exactly how I feel. It seems like nonstop nonsense, Ive had pretty good luck with both of the current cars but everything seems to happen at once, I was also saving up to handle a couple things which is now put on hold. Its just annoying, if I didnt care about cars, I would just buy a civic and keep it forever and be rolling in cash lol.
Hahah yup. My buddy drives a 2wd 5sp '96 Dakota and adds oil every few months when his oil pressure drops, and has literally never put a single part on it in years. It runs perfect. And blows my mind.

That's what the Evo was to me, felt that every time I got in the car. That was why I sold it. You can't even go what feels like a week without some maintenance item hanging over your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
Get a stock Honda or Toyota for a DD. And keep them stock. I've put 60,000 miles on my old civic and it has NEVER left me stranded.
Quote:
I pretty much need something awd, I am essential for work and work about 40 miles away from home, so I need something that isnt an issue in the snow yet still gets solid mpg's
CleanNeon, I'm with Shipman, and then some. I need a car that can fit a sound system, guitar equipment, drum set, etc and can tow a small trailer all while sitting 5 people comfortably. The touring would fit the bill fine (reason why I bought it) if it would stop leaking different things and chewing up anything rubber.

I've been toying with selling the Touring and grabbing an XJ Cherokee, but I'm not 100% sold on that yet. Just hard to find something that's not gheysauce that is able to do what I need it to do.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:24 PM   #38
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Om nom

Old 11-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #39
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

A clean Bimmer is a happy Bimmer.

I finally had time today to hit the interior hard for the first time. Toothbrushed and sonaxed everything in sight. Turned out pretty good, but I still need to remove/condition the seats and shampoo the carpets. That's a project for another day.

Last edited by blue91lx; 11-09-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:43 AM   #40
empera
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3674

My Ride:
67.5 Roadster, 00 Outback, 93.5 Supra tt, 88 Shiro, Tundra, turbo sc300

Send a message via AIM to empera
dang...that thing is clean!!
empera is offline   Reply With Quote