TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
LawlWheelDrive
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #20669

My Ride:
99 GT mustang/1991 toyota station wagon

orginized racing looking for a cops POV

a month or two ago i bought my corolla wagon with some sort of a brand new JDM engine and decided to take it to my local street drags to troll around and see what the eco box had in it,just my luck first run i was racing an undercover and got pulled and cited for racing, he didnt tow my car but he stuffed me in the back of his car and started the whole "you are so lucky im not taking your car and jailing you. you are the worst, you are a monster your kind kill so many innocent people who had hopes and dreams every year blah blah blah ect ect" shpeel, it got me to thinking just how many people really die each year?

when i get home i jump on the google and did a little research, the information i gathered kind of shocked me. It was a total of 150 some odd people a year die from racing accidents on the street every year in the US. Granted even 1 life taken is tragic it really doesn't seem like very much when you compare it to other ways of death. As i kept doing more research i was a bit sickened by the numbers i started pulling up. as it turns out bathtubs kill more people each year at 300 fatality's along with 40,000 DUI related deaths 500 die from meth a year 2000 from heroin 10,000 from gang violence and 31,000 from gun violence (im sure thats mixed in with gang violence alot)also 1 person dies dies every 13 seconds from normal driving condition accidents on avrg.

i was talking with my older brother about this who is extremely anti organized racing started the shpeel about some girl who was in the crowd watching when a car tourqe steered to the right clipped a curb lost control and killed her and how she was just an innocent victim in all of it, if she is so innocent why is she there in the first place? Isnt that taking a tragedy brought on from a risk she took of her own free will and twisting it to play on peoples emotions? if i were to go to an Pacific raceways track day or drag event and started racing im going there knowing that there is a chance you could crash or someone with a proper high power car and not a FWD 4cyl loses control and crashes into me. why is okay to take that risk there but illegal to take the risk on deserted back roads with 4 mile straits where you can see normal traffic on the slim off chance that there even is any normal traffic?

I just want to get an officers point of view on this, where i live (seattle/king county area as a whole) they dedicate around 20 officers from each citys stations to break up the racers wherever they may meet on the weekends but in the city i got the citation from meth is running rampantly out of control now that the Oxycotton 80s are no longer around, nor have i ever seen, gone through or heard of DUI checkpoints in the area, every where i turn in that city its a samoan pyru there or an indian crip there. wouldnt it save hundreds maybe even in the area of a thousand lives more each year if they took alot of these resources and put them into DUI checkpoints or busting a meth lab? why do they spend so much of my tax dollars on harassing kids with 200HP cars clipping through 3 gears on abandond roads in the dead of night, wouldn't it be more efficient to leave 5 or so cops behind from that pool of officers have them get to know the kids, watch them and supervise them so if someone is doing something blatantly stupid(such as drinking and driving or doing drugs) he can arrest them then hire an ambulance or two to follow them in the event of a boo boo? it seems like a more healthy way of reaching those kids and trying to teach them the difference between sane and insane?sane is at night in a closed off area, insane is the numbnuts who think its cool to race in broad daylight where they are actually putting the real innocent people at risk

I am in no way justifieing my actions im a believer in dont do the crime if you cant do the time, the only reason i can think of for all of this is setting up DUI patrols and checkpoints is spending money busting street racers is making money (5000$ fine or a year in jail, and to be honest all the jails are full so they decide to fine more often than not) again just looking for an officers POV on the numbers and to tell me if any of those figures i researched are off.
my court is tomorrow morning and the judge im seeing absolutely despises racers and anyone who violates any traffic law(his daughter died in a DUI accident) gonna be fun on a bun =\
LawlWheelDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:54 AM   #2
Bane
[TST] Police Officer

Member #8526

My Ride:
Will P.I.T. you

If im in the right mood later ill weed through this, my heads hurts right now
Old 05-06-2011, 04:29 AM   #3
LawlWheelDrive
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #20669