TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-27-2020, 05:26 PM   #241
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
Looking good.

Wild about the hardtop glass popping out... geez.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:37 AM   #242
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Completed the exhaust, sounds should be fine with regards to loudness. I also made a split turndown at the end to try and direct sound out either side.

I've spent some time fixing little things. My fender flares had some rivets pull through from cone contact. I am replacing them with these plastic rivets in hopes that the large heads prevents pull through and if the do see a force hopefully the plastic rivet fails first.

I have been using unbooted brakes for about 1.5 seasons now by just disconnecting the vacuum hose. I like it. I going to make it more official and install a true unboosted master setup with this adapter plate. Waiting on the master to show up.

Like everyone I am just waiting for coronavirus to be done and get back to racing. Once the brakes are back together I want to get out there and rework the tune. Id really like to get VVT working as that is long overdue.

Miatas! -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

MY EVO (Sold)-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 02:42 PM   #243
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Progress is slow but thats how it is anymore. The non-racing season is getting long.

Finished the brake booster. I pieced together my components trying to save a few bucks. I should have bought the chase bay kit, would have made my life much easier. Anyway after many iterations this is where I'm at.

My summit cart trigger finger got happy:

Went a 100 lb/inch stiffer with helper springs to try and fix some of the understeer issues I've been having. I also lift an inside rear wheel sometimes, the helper spring should help. They are not just zero rate tenders, they actually have some rate to them and should help extended the shock faster. That's the hope at least.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 05-09-2020, 12:34 AM   #244
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Sweet work on the exhaust & such :-)

I like the use of helpers. Are you running a rear swaybar or no?
Old 05-11-2020, 01:14 PM   #245
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
Sweet work on the exhaust & such :-)

I like the use of helpers. Are you running a rear swaybar or no?
No rear bar, which I believe will only increase the effectiveness of the helpers

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 05-11-2020, 06:47 PM   #246
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Figured, sweet
Old 06-17-2020, 11:42 AM   #247
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Got the itch over one of my stay at home lunch breaks:

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 06-18-2020, 11:11 PM   #248
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

she looks mean!
blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 02:29 PM   #249
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Sick! Looks so much more finished than the last time I saw it, haha
Old 02-25-2021, 04:39 PM   #250
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Disappointing post but I dug a miata out today. Race miata still buried in the background.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 02-26-2021, 12:05 PM   #251
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

subtle backyard flex.....daaaang
blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:21 PM   #252
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue91lx View Post
subtle backyard flex.....daaaang

Backyard is new to us, hence the lack of miata content. Many new house things still to do, but the view is alright haha. Come to the poconos and live the good life

I am probably going to sell the white miata and buy a RX-8 but getting that car out reminds me how fun it is. RX-8 allows for the family, and is about as close to a miata as you get.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 03-08-2021, 03:37 PM   #253
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAdutch View Post
Yup, the black car was a clapped out drift rat. They must be saved!

This happened this weekend (not OSHA approved)

pix image
Sassy pose for miata reasons!

The drive-train is ready to be swapped in to the good shell. I'm hoping to be back in business this weekend.
Well half of the miata adventure ended this weekend. I sold the white miata. Just felt like time. It needed some things and I was just not giving it the attention. Also the wife hardly drives it because she's always got a child in tow. Trying to convince her into an RX-8. Ya know, a family vehicle .

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 03-23-2021, 02:39 PM   #254
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

I must be convincing. Less than a month later this is my next resurrection project:

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 03-23-2021, 10:08 PM   #255
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Details?!
Old 03-24-2021, 11:34 AM   #256
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
Details?!
its an 04 GT manual with a blown engine. Plan right now is to pick up a japan import engine get the car running. see if we like it and decide how far we want to take it. Rebuilt engine prices are disappointing

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 03-24-2021, 07:33 PM   #257
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Yeah, rebuilt engine prices are painful. It's not like other RX cars where they're worth money, haha.

The chassis is stupid good at least.
Old 07-16-2021, 09:52 AM   #258
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Well since my last post we figured out that child number 2 is on the way which meant our ~2 year plan for house stuff got shortened to 1. this also means car activities have been basically non-existent.

I guess I never posted last time I autocrossed the black car (september last year) something bad happened in the pits. Long story shortened, my radiator fan stopped blowing and I didn't realize until far too late. My temp gauge conveniently was also not working. The car really started running like crap, like it was down a cylinder or two. I haven't worked on it until last night (~9 month delay) but finally put it in the garage.

Compression was good, sparkplug were carboned up like misfires but the spark test showed to be good. Tunerstudio showed a sync error between crank/cam sensor. My cam sensor is new so I am suspect of the crank sensor and will be changing that.

If I can get if figured out the car is ready to go and hopefully I can make it out to an autox or two before number two arrives in december.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 07-16-2021, 11:42 AM   #259
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Hope to see you out there! Had no idea about the little incident, glad it's all good!

Congrats on number two!
Old 10-25-2021, 08:08 AM   #260
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Welp as most of TST im getting old and cars are less and less a priority. The Miata sold on Saturday so the adventures in Miataland are over. I enjoyed the experience but it was time.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-