TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-26-2019, 05:37 PM   #121
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Did they tune the airbags???!!!

Miatas! -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

MY EVO (Sold)-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:20 PM   #122
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
I'm hopeful they loaded the '19 tune because that was supposedly significantly better... I would imagine they'd do it if you asked for a small fee anyway, unless there's a TSB to do it if the customer complains. Other manufacturers do that, I don't know about GM.
I've heard the same about the tune for the 2019. Kind of surprised GM doesn't just update our cars at the next service interval.

I'll ask next time I take it in for the oil change.

What I have found out is that the ECM wasn't touched during the repairs, but they would have disconnected the battery while the SDM and sensors were being replaced. So I believe this may have reset the fuel trims and it's relearned my driving?

Either way, it's now much closer to the SS than ever before from a stop and it's a lot more fun to drive.

/
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:21 PM   #123
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAdutch View Post
Did they tune the airbags???!!!
Hey, you can't make 650hp without thinking of the details... these airbags are FAST

/
/
/
/
/
Old 03-09-2019, 03:17 PM   #124
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

GM is now offering 15% off the MSRP on the Camaro for leftover 2018's. This means the ZL1 can now be bought OTD for $53k.

I'm stuck with this car.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 03-10-2019, 11:25 AM   #125
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
Damn. Quite a deal...
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:02 PM   #126
elff
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21338

Thats the problem with all GM's. Half the car is re-used part from their P.O.S. models and they rarely hold their value.
One of the best ways to own a Corvette is to wait 2 years. You can get them for a steal with less than 10,000 miles on them.

Sorry for all this hassle. I really hate GM.
I do think you should stay after them with a lawsuit. By repairing the airbags on the Truck, GM set a precedent that the sensor settings were too sensitive.
Winning lawsuits and cases is all about using information from similar cases to backup yours.

my
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
elff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:17 PM   #127
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by elff View Post
Thats the problem with all GM's. Half the car is re-used part from their P.O.S. models and they rarely hold their value.
One of the best ways to own a Corvette is to wait 2 years. You can get them for a steal with less than 10,000 miles on them.

Sorry for all this hassle. I really hate GM.
I do think you should stay after them with a lawsuit. By repairing the airbags on the Truck, GM set a precedent that the sensor settings were too sensitive.
Winning lawsuits and cases is all about using information from similar cases to backup yours.

Thanks man, yeah it's not how I'd like for this all to go down. I've been tempted to eat the negative equity and trade both cars in for something like a GTI Rabbit and save up for another 911, but it's best to just wait this out.

I did go to a law firm with the case but they declined to take it. They recommended I take the case to someone closer to where I live...I've been too busy with my new job to go beyond that.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 03-12-2019, 09:24 AM   #128
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
Damn. Quite a deal...
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/03/...in-march-2019/

I don't think there will be a seventh gen at this point.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 03-18-2019, 04:13 PM   #129
GolNat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #26054

My Ride:
2013 GTI 6MT Coupe

Crazy story about the car and air bag situation. Sorry to hear about all this trouble and how GM seems to handle their poor engineering.
GolNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:37 PM   #130
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolNat View Post
Crazy story about the car and air bag situation. Sorry to hear about all this trouble and how GM seems to handle their poor engineering.
Thank you!

Yeah it’s ****ty. Depreciation is so severe that now I’m focused on trying to enjoy it as best I can.

No more autocrosses in the Richmond area, the courses are not maintained well at all. Will try to do more track days and really drive the car.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 04-25-2019, 10:00 PM   #131
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

After six dealerships, a week of negotiating back and forth among them, I finally got KBB excellent value on my ZL1 and traded it in today.

The saga has finally ended. No more GM cars.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 04-26-2019, 07:34 AM   #132
rocknrace03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17593

My Ride:
WRX

Good for you, sorry you had to deal with that mess. Can't wait to see whats next!
rocknrace03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:07 PM   #133
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrace03 View Post
Good for you, sorry you had to deal with that mess. Can't wait to see whats next!
Thank you!

A big change is coming but a few more steps first and i'll share.

/
/
/
/
/