TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Exterior, Interior, and Electrical
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
tunedgsx
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #16090

My Ride:
1993 mitsubishi eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to tunedgsx
93 gsx complete loss

OK I need serious help here I got a new alternator again and had them test it and it passed. I put everything together and charged my battery and started it up and it ran fine. Now next day I go out and I got nothing. I jumped the car and it started to run fine. Then I was gonna take it down to a auto zone and i got about half way there and my car starts to backfire and shut off and turn on while I'm in gear. It was also making clicking noises inside the car. I ended up getting stranded and then had someone jump me and the car fired right up. Once I disconnected the cables it drew less power and i started to drive and then made it home. It is now sitting and i cannot put anything together on whats going on. Everything ran fine and did its job till the first alternator went and now there has been a problem ever since. If you have any other questions and would like my number please message me and I'll give it to you I'm in desperate need.
tunedgsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
assault187
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2176

My Ride:
97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST Spyder AWD

Send a message via AIM to assault187
Replacing the battery may be in order as well since its been beat to hell...

Check the alternator fuse in the engine bay fuse box

Then.....Get rid of that TRASH reman'ed alternator! Pick up an OEM mitsu alt, or one made by world class industries which advanced auto carries. I went through 9, NINE, alternators within 1 year with that autozone/pep-boys garbage, they would test it and they would claim that it was fine despite what I told them. I'm a Master 12V tech, I checked everything over and over and over again, re-did everything, tested everything, monitored everything, sent the ECU out to be looked over, In the end it was STILL the alternator.

Good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

World record holder for Quickest and Fastest 1/4 mile Spyder, 4 cylinder vert, 1st in 10's, 2.0L 4G63 Holset record, Modified Mag December 2010, Self built, self tuned.

Last edited by assault187; 04-01-2010 at 06:19 PM.
assault187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
knochgoon24
Tri-State Addict

Member #16025

My Ride:
'97 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD ╬ '75 Honda CB550F

I fried my battery due to a bad alternator. I'd get yours checked.

My battery still would "charge" according to the machine, but it would quickly lose the charge once taken off the test machine.
knochgoon24 is offline   Reply With Quote