TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-29-2007, 11:44 PM   #1
04shark04
Noob-Jersey

Member #3311

My Ride:
2004 Tuscani

Send a message via AIM to 04shark04
Opinions on this wheel setup.

Hey guys. I've got an 04 Hyundai Tiburon GT. Just want a little feedback from you guys about this package I'm thinking about doing. I'd like to go with the Axis Hiro's and I was thinking about about doing the 18X8.5 in the front with a 35mm offset and having the 19x8.5 in the rear. Now the rear come in 20, 35 and 45mm offset and I'm not sure which to get cause I don't know which will make the wheel stick out. Now for all you car guru's out there, do you think this setup is possible? Will I have a lot of fitment or rubbing issues? Also will I need the fenders rolled out or wheel spacer on either the front or back? Thanks guys and I appreciate any help given. BTW here is a pic of the wheels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rims.jpg (12.8 KB, 9 views)

Performance- Injen SRI, ARK N2 Dual Exhaust and STS
Speedfreak Racing Pulleys still waiting to be put in.
Appearance- Tuscani mission plate, door sills and custom air brushed Tuscani badges.
04shark04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:59 AM   #2
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

19's are big... but if you like the look those are good wheels to go with...id stick with 18's
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:08 AM   #3
gary
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1638

My Ride:
2004 Hyundai Tiburon

Send a message via AIM to gary
Yea I would go no bigger than 18's on the Tib. If you want to go with a staggered setup, so with slightly wider rears that fine but a taller rim would not look good IMO. Come to the Allentown Hyundai meet and I am sure you can get some better ideas. Its only 2 weeks away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:12 AM   #4
1gmfanatik
Tri-State Addict

Member #4040

My Ride:
07 Saab 9-3 Aero

I agree with the rest, 18's would be more then enough. That way you still have room to lower her if you decide to and put some decent meats on them there rims.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote: Originally Posted by ME:
Quote:
Your car's potential is only limited by your imagination, and the size of your wallet.
1gmfanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #5
whitezenki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3121

My Ride:
1992 Nissan 240sx

Send a message via AIM to whitezenki
your car is fwd, dont run a stagger even rwd cars dont run often, its stupid, ricey, and bad for performance

You gonna drive it, or buy it a dress?

whitezenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:19 PM   #6
NOPSTNS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3176

yeah what he said. 19s on tib will give u a 20 profile tire.....u might as well run a rubber band around the wheel and call it a day....

if u can wait, oh, about 11 months ill have 4 hiros in 18x8.5s just sittin around doing nothing bc ill have a diff set of wheels, u can have mine if u wanna wait for that long....check my profile crap for pics...
NOPSTNS is offline   Reply With Quote