TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Auto-X
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

10/10 PhillySCCA Breast Cancer Charity Auto-X & Show

Where : Lincoln Financial Field, South illadelphia, PA
When : Sunday, October 10th
Time : 7:30-8am is a good time to arrive imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.phillyscca.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6422
It gives me great pleasure to announce that Philly Region will be hosting our second annual charity event with the Eagles and CJ's Tire on October 10th! This event will benefit the Eagles' charity Tackling Breast Cancer, which helps the Jefferson Breast Cancer Center. Philadelphia SCCA will donate the proceeds from this event to this charity in support of the Eagles and their fight against breast cancer. I hope that all of you would be willing to come out to this event and enjoy yourselves all while helping a great cause in the Philadelphia community. Please see below for all of the wonderful entertainment and events taking place in addition to just the Solo event.

Date: Oct. 10, 2010

Held under the SCCA Solo Rules

Registration: Current available online through MSR. Link to MSR Registration
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...34CF0AAD6471B2

Event Information:
http://www.phillyscca.com/solo2/flye.../SO101010.html

Event Format:
180 car cap, with 4 runs.
If we finish early we are going to allow FUN RUNS for charity!

Prizes:
Autocross - Free set of Tires for the PAX Winner
Car show - Free set of Tires for the "Best in Show"

As for entertainment...
WXTU live remote broadcast (possibly WMMR as well).
CJ's Tire is hosting a Car Show.
CJ's & the Eagles will also have a silent auction.
Eagles Cheerleaders will be there.
Swoop will be there.
Eagles Alumni will be present.
Thomas Jefferson Hospital will talk about Breast Cancer.
Aramark will be vending food on site with half of the proceeds going to charity.
Hankook Mobile Marketing Rig.
Best Buy is bringing their "Mobile Fan Zone".
Snapple & Turkey Hill will be providing product samples.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
FocusDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:01 AM   #2
Spanky
Tri-State Addict

Member #15013

My Ride:
2001 Neon R/T

Send a message via AIM to Spanky
Ill be there but not in the focus.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:42 AM   #3
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

We are selling the Civic, so my only choice is the Focus now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
oneday
Tri-State Addict

Member #5367

My Ride:
E36 M3 Coupe

I'll be there. Not sure if it will be in the B-Mod or something else (think smaller and faster).
Old 09-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
chu
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8349

I'll be there also!
Philadelphia Region SCCA : #17sm
Supported by:
MotorsportPerformanceGroup.us
Club Risque

PeteyTurboTuned|krazyhousecutoms.com
chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #6
CrazylilPunk
Tri-State Addict

Member #8796

My Ride:
Broom Stick

I want to try this out. Never auto-x'd before, but have gone to watch a few times. I have a wrx, wheels, coilovers, exhaust, and engine management. I seem to fit in the sts class, but I have a feeling I will get put in the stx? Any advice? Also I definatly plan on taking advantage of the novice class. Thanks in advance!
CrazylilPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:48 AM   #7
JB'sLGT
Tri-State Addict

Member #10156

My Ride:
05 Legacy GT, 97 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazylilPunk View Post
I want to try this out. Never auto-x'd before, but have gone to watch a few times. I have a wrx, wheels, coilovers, exhaust, and engine management. I seem to fit in the sts class, but I have a feeling I will get put in the stx? Any advice? Also I definatly plan on taking advantage of the novice class. Thanks in advance!
STS is for factory two seaters. You can run in STX or ESP. STX has a better pax and technically you need to run a map with stock boost levels, but no one is going to contest you since this isn't a national event.

Like you said, definitely register your pax as a Novice and make sure to put on your car your number and letters NSTX or NESP. Instructors then know to ask you if you are comfortable driving or if you need some guidance.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:43 AM   #8
CrazylilPunk
Tri-State Addict

Member #8796

My Ride:
Broom Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sLGT View Post
STS is for factory two seaters. You can run in STX or ESP. STX has a better pax and technically you need to run a map with stock boost levels, but no one is going to contest you since this isn't a national event.

Like you said, definitely register your pax as a Novice and make sure to put on your car your number and letters NSTX or NESP. Instructors then know to ask you if you are comfortable driving or if you need some guidance.

Yes I am sorry. And what is the differance between ESP and STX? Also, what is the competetion in these classes like? I know I will be at the bottom of the pole for awhile, but in general, tough class? Definatly going to need guidance haha.
CrazylilPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
JB'sLGT
Tri-State Addict

Member #10156

My Ride:
05 Legacy GT, 97 M3

Any Street Prepared class generally has higher allowances for mods than Street Touring. The biggest difference between SP and ST is the wheels and tires. Wheel and tire sizes are unlimited in SP. You can also run DOT R-Comps in SP. In ST you can't run the R-Comps.

The competition really just depends on who shows up. Last time I ran a Philly event I got my doors blown off by a ridiculously fast orange WRX, but it was only us two in the class. The time before that I was the only guy in ESP. Since you are registering with the novices, your results will show up with them. Basically, there is a pax (handicap) for STX and then there is a higher pax for being a novice in STX.

The worst thing you can do is overdrive your car. Just relax, learn the course, and be as smooth as possible.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
oneday
Tri-State Addict

Member #5367

My Ride:
E36 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sLGT
Any Street Prepared class generally has higher allowances for mods than Street Touring. The biggest difference between SP and ST is the wheels and tires. Wheel and tire sizes are unlimited in SP. You can also run DOT R-Comps in SP. In ST you can't run the R-Comps.
There are more differences than just the tires. SP allows for a plethora of other mods that STX does not. Tuning, boost levels, suspension changes, and wheel sizes are the notable ones.

CrazylilPunk, register and run in ESP if you have any mods that put you into that class (or any mods that take you out of STX--boost turned up=ESP). But do register as a Novice. We (the people that run the program) would prefer if you register and run in the appropriate class from the get go, so when you get hooked, and ween yourself off the Novice teet you are ready to run with your correct class. There will be plenty of instructors that can show you the ropes...they will congregate near the start line and sometime wander through grid asking if anyone needs help--just ask or say yes if they ask you.

Quote:
Last time I ran a Philly event I got my doors blown off by a ridiculously fast orange WRX, but it was only us two in the class.
McCance....in the orange vinyl wrapped boost buggie...man that car (and driver) are quick. He's a national level competitor and a great guy to try and learn from.

Quote:
The worst thing you can do is overdrive your car. Just relax, learn the course, and be as smooth as possible.
Exactly. Also let an instructor drive your car...it will let you know how much further your car can be pushed and is an eye opening experience.

Have fun!
Old 09-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #11
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
im going to go with the rs but i probably wont run. just because i love boobies.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #12
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

^^ You should run, it's a blast!

My daughters birthday party is the same day... Er- I need some super powers...
Old 10-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #13
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
the struts are blown and my clutch master is acting up, not the best thing to do 25 miles from home lol. i just want to save the boobies and refuse to live in a world with out em
Old 10-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #14
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

I can drive ya home

My buddy with the other Focus spent his clutch the Monday morning following Warminster.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #15
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

The teal and rust Civic has not been sold yet, so we will be running it tomorrow. Look for me to spin it out somewhere!

Last time I drove it a Warminster I ended up putting the two front wheels in the grass... Silly aggressive right foot on 180 tread.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:13 PM   #16
Simmons-Racing
Tri-State Addict

Member #3034

My Ride:
2001 Miata

I will be there driving the BSP Evo beast!

Simmons

2019 Ram 1500

Sponsored by Karcepts/ Moto-East
Simmons-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:24 AM   #17
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

The smell of that Evo while it passes makes me smile!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #18
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

Fun stuff today.

I'm pretty sure it was Simmons who had the cheerleader screaming her lungs out for all of 30secs! The run was insanely fast, to bad you nabbed the one cone :P
Old 10-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #19
IMPREZvWRX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #164

Yeah, you guys in those damn Evos are stupidly fast! This was my first time running with Philly in a couple years, and let me tell you, the SM competition there is fierce.
IMPREZvWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:54 PM   #20
chu
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8349

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusDude View Post
Fun stuff today.

I'm pretty sure it was Simmons who had the cheerleader screaming her lungs out for all of 30secs! The run was insanely fast, to bad you nabbed the one cone :P
It was. Story is, at one point, she had a leg up against the dash, holding on for dear life. There's a shoeprint for proof.
Philadelphia Region SCCA : #17sm
Supported by:
MotorsportPerformanceGroup.us
Club Risque

PeteyTurboTuned|krazyhousecutoms.com
chu is offline   Reply With Quote