TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
olsookie
Tri-State Addict

Member #806

My Ride:
2013 S4

Send a message via AIM to olsookie Send a message via MSN to olsookie
Car insurance - SICK SICK SICk!

Just made some phone calls to shop around for car insurance.

I went from paying $1,309 every 6 months to receiving better coverage and paying $1,407 a YEAR!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
05 Apexi Silver EVO with a bad azz Perrin Antannae
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
SOLD!
The M has arrived!
and now is SOLD!
Move over M
The X is here!
SOLD!
Jetta TDI - it's all about TQ and Fuel Economy!
olsookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
Fit-FTW
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7723

My Ride:
03 IBP IS300

which one was that?
Fit-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Sounds like you're excited, but without at least providing some reasonable potential for discussion this is not worth starting a thread about.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
igo4bmx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #592

My Ride:
2009 Audi A3 Quattro, 2008 BMW X5, 2003 WW Evo8, 2000 Turbo SOHC Civic

Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Sounds like you're excited, but without at least providing some reasonable potential for discussion this is not worth starting a thread about.
his original post should be saying something like "check your rates frequently!" b/c in fact this is true.
igo4bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by igo4bmx View Post
his original post should be saying something like "check your rates frequently!" b/c in fact this is true.
and he should be telling us where he got such an awesome deal
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
olsookie
Tri-State Addict

Member #806

My Ride:
2013 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
you want me to scan the documents?

SOLD!
The M has arrived!
and now is SOLD!
Move over M
The X is here!
SOLD!
Old 08-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #7
olsookie
Tri-State Addict

Member #806

My Ride:
2013 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit-FTW View Post
which one was that?
I called an Agent I use to use a long time ago when I just started look for insurance.

Jim Craig - Murray Insurance - 610-935-1488

My policy was with State Farm and is now with Ohio Casualty (Liberty Mutual)

SOLD!
The M has arrived!
and now is SOLD!
Move over M
The X is here!
SOLD!

Last edited by olsookie; 08-04-2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 08-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
We use Ohio Casualty at work (an unfortunate pun) for the fleet, 5 '09 cars, a Suburban, and two specialty cars, and our rate is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsookie View Post
you want me to scan the documents?
What TROLL is trying to say is that there are a whole bunch of details missing from your origional post that could create proper discussion, like: Origional company, compand switched to, age, etc. Stuff like that, you know? 'Grats on the lower rate, though.

Last edited by Got Insulin?; 08-04-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Got Insulin? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
I just changed last year from Progressive to Ohio casualty. I was paying like 5800 a year for the WRX and the Legacy, with OC I was paying 3100 a year for both cars and renters insurance, then when we got the Yaris the rates dropped almost 200 a month. I was told too by my agent that my policy will be even cheaper when i renew in october.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #10
igo4bmx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #592

My Ride:
2009 Audi A3 Quattro, 2008 BMW X5, 2003 WW Evo8, 2000 Turbo SOHC Civic

Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I just changed last year from Progressive to Ohio casualty. I was paying like 5800 a year for the WRX and the Legacy, with OC I was paying 3100 a year for both cars and renters insurance, then when we got the Yaris the rates dropped almost 200 a month. I was told too by my agent that my policy will be even cheaper when i renew in october.
HOLY **** $5800 a year?!! wtf!
igo4bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #11
Willdue
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2000

My Ride:
To many VW's

Send a message via AIM to Willdue
Doug can do it better
Old 08-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #12
olsookie
Tri-State Addict

Member #806

My Ride:
2013 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Insulin? View Post
We use Ohio Casualty at work (an unfortunate pun) for the fleet, 5 '09 cars, a Suburban, and two specialty cars, and our rate is awesome.

What TROLL is trying to say is that there are a whole bunch of details missing from your origional post that could create proper discussion, like: Origional company, compand switched to, age, etc. Stuff like that, you know? 'Grats on the lower rate, though.
gotcha, sorry troll.

I was with State Farm 25/50/25 w/ under-insured un-insured, non-stacked, limited tort funeral bene 2,500, medical expenses 5,000and. 500 ded for both collision and comp on my Evo X and just liability on my 88 Accord. two things on my record $13K+ claim for a bmw i messed up and had pretty much complete suspension replaced and i hit a dear w/ a car back in 2005. $1,309 every 6 months, $217 a month.

My new policy will be with Ohio Casualty is 25/50/50 w/ same under/un-insured and 500 deductibles. same everything else the only thing i increased was property damage from 25k to 50k. and my policy is $1,407 a year.

SOLD!
The M has arrived!
and now is SOLD!
Move over M
The X is here!
SOLD!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #13
R22B
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5854

My Ride:
88 Merkur XR4Ti | 92 Mazda MX3 | 98 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer | 91 Ford Ranger89 | 89 Yamaha FZR600

Send a message via ICQ to R22B Send a message via AIM to R22B
Quote:
Originally Posted by igo4bmx View Post
HOLY **** $5800 a year?!! wtf!
lolrapedcyagg
Old 08-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #14
olsookie
Tri-State Addict

Member #806

My Ride:
2013 S4

lol, btw, how is that yaris buster?

SOLD!
The M has arrived!
and now is SOLD!
Move over M
The X is here!
SOLD!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:26 PM   #15
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
Quote:
Originally Posted by olsookie View Post
lol, btw, how is that yaris buster?
uneventful lol.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #16
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

I went from Esurance paying $220 a month just for my car to State Farm paying $200 a month for the GTO and GSXR.

Esurance was a little high, but there customer service and claims dept is second to none. I would recommend them to anyone.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #17
SuperCoyle
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #13964

My Ride:
98 RSti

(Liberty also owns Safeco) Ohio is awesome if you have good credit and no tickets like 7/10 people that I quote with them pay about half... but you cant have more then two violations pop up from the last three years or the system rejects the app.
SuperCoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #18
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
I'm pretty happy with my insurance which is pretty cheap through Progressive, but I feel like I should look into this Ohio place now... thanks for sharing the secret.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #19
CANNIBALOFDOOM
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #13467

My Ride:
2012 Wrx

Send a message via AIM to CANNIBALOFDOOM
i was paying 288 a month with geico i now pay 175 with progressive. Car insurance is on my top list of bull**** that is a rip off and yet makes billions off ****ing people in the ass.
CANNIBALOFDOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #20
GMLSDRIVER
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14115

My Ride:
Go F.U.C.K Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCoyle View Post
(Liberty also owns Safeco) Ohio is awesome if you have good credit and no tickets like 7/10 people that I quote with them pay about half... but you cant have more then two violations pop up from the last three years or the system rejects the app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
I went from Esurance paying $220 a month just for my car to State Farm paying $200 a month for the GTO and GSXR.

Esurance was a little high, but there customer service and claims dept is second to none. I would recommend them to anyone.
Coyle has the faster GTO!!!