TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Engine Management and Tuning
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:
Has no gauges since it has left twisted tuning

Twisted tuning

Has anyone used twisted tuning?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
Haven't personally had any work done there, but I have been to the shop and have seen Brian work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:

how did u feel about it? does he get the work done fast?
Old 01-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
A member that doesn't post much (05GT, Mark) has had a lot of work done to his termi cobra and raved about them. Def do good work and are reliable from what he told me.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now

Last edited by DPancoast; 01-11-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:

ok how long does it normally take to install a stand alone ecu and tune a car?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #6
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
A member that doesn't post much (05GT, Mark) has had a lot of work done to his termi cobra and raved about them. Def do good work and are reliable from what he told me.
I'm 99% sure you talking about a different place.

To the OP, a bunch of the things I've seen Twisted Tuning take on were custom projects that needed a lot of work before the tuning could even start. With other cars at the shop, and considering how much work and unforeseen work actually comes up per project would depend how long it'll take to get finished.

Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

Old 01-12-2012, 12:36 AM   #7
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:

im pretty sure talontsi97 works and does the videos for twisted tuning right?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #8
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

I don't work there, been to the shop twice and took videos since cars were running on the dyno which if you look through my other videos I do all over the area so your point is?

Old 01-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #9
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:

my point would have been that you knew what went on at the shop the best, since im askin about the shop.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:51 AM   #10
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

I don't work there so i wouldn't know specifics, I've seen the cars that I had videos of there and that's it. I can't comment on how long it would take for work to be done just like i couldn't for any other shop I have videos of up on my youtube. (JMFab,psiproformance,phillydynoworks,jscspeed,ext remepsi)
I can tell you that Brian is a good guy and I haven't seen any negative issues with him or his work so if your looking to get work done then head to the shop and talk with him like you would at any other shop.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:20 AM   #11
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

I was there for a dyno day, and I wouldn't go back.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:30 AM   #12
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
I was there for a dyno day, and I wouldn't go back.
why would you say that?
Old 01-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #13
stover
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3483

My Ride:
2005 MINI Cooper S

i personally have worked on your car 1jzpat and the issues me and brian ran into were unforseen and could not have been predicted, if we had been given the car as an untouched shell with no previous wiring done and the swap done correctly it would have gone alot faster, but having to re-do most of the swap other than pulling the motor out and re installing it takes time, not only do we have to wire in the standalone but there is so many cut/missing/added wires in your stock harness and under the dash that we cant just remove the old harness and wire in the new one we have to figure out exactly what the last shop/person did and fix it. all twisted tuning wants is to give you a proper car back, i know me a brian are going above and beyond what you have asked and are working to make the car "perfect" we could have easily left the 2 foot long drain line that you had on the turbo, and within a week you would have been rebuilding the turbo, we also could have left the kinked fuel line on the back of the fuel rail, but the car would have never had enough fuel pressure and you probably would have been putting a motor in it from running lean. so i just want you to know, yes it is taking longer then usual to install a standalone and tune it because thats not the only thing were doing, if twisted tunings name is going to be associated with the car we want to make sure it leaves exactly how we would want one of our cars to be, we dont perform half a$$ed work
Old 01-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #14
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:

ok that being said why does brain continue to lie to me about him workin on the car the car? Then i will show up at 9pm to see if the car is in the shop and of coarse its not. When i did pull in he pulled in in front of me and had no explanation why he lied that the car was in the shop, and then calls me a bull****ter. Or the text that i got saying he could have the car done in a week if i bring him 700 dollars so he could make rent for december?
Old 01-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
1jzpat... now your thread sounds sketchy.
Is your car already at Twisted Tuning? How about some full disclosure here...

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 01-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #16
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:

yeah it is and i have had nothing but problems, was just seeing if anyone was facing the same problems or if it is just me and if i am over reacting to Brian?
Old 01-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #17
zmainiac
Tri-State Addict

Member #13881

My Ride:
1988 nissan 300zx turbo, 1984 300zx Turbo, 2000 bmw 323ci

Well where do i begin. I guess i will start with the car. I had to tow it from another shop to mine since it didnt run. Previous shop did the motor swap but didnt finish. My job was to wire in a haltech and tune it. If i had know it was coming from another shop i wouldnt have taken the job. After getting the car and giving it a once over there were tons of things wrong. I still kept finding things every day. Here is the list of what i found along the way.

Wide band o2 sensor welded to a flange to go on a crappy down pipe
Hacked up down pipe
2 gallons of gas in the oil pan
2 ft oil return line that went above the fitting from the bottom of the turbo
Half sized intake turbo pipe
Fuel line to big and crimped in back of engine
Fuel line connected to stock and aftermarket fuel pressure regulator with no guage
No valve cover gaskets
Extra set of wires on alternator
Charging system wiring not right
Tons of wires not connected to anything
All extended wires were black so very hard to trace
Guages not connected or wired
Electric fan direct wired to ignition switch with no relay
Gas all over wiring
Ripped intercooler hoses
Crank sensor not hooked up
4 random 14 guage wires hooked to a 20 guage wire in the dash
Coolant lines jb welded
gas in catch can

The haltech harness is a flying lead harness so you still have to solder all the connectors on to the ends of the wires. Obviously the last shop sabotaged the car so it wouldn't run again so i have to double check every wire and connection. This takes time and i will not rush or short cut to get it done. I fixed all the piping and had the valve covers powdercoated real nice. There are things that i am forgetting but you can't put a timeline on fixing others mistakes. I am not releasing the car until it is done right.

Now the owner.

He started out paying as we go which is how it works with custom work. It got to a point where he ordered some custom parts and work done. My fab guy only works on weekends and is in the city so the downpipe and intecooler piping took a couple weeks to get right. After a point he said that he wasn't paying anymore money till the job was done. I had to put my own money into buying custom parts and services for this build. I had ten other cars waiting to be worked on by customers that were ready to pay so i moved on like any other business owner would. I am fine with not getting paid till the labor is done but i will not spot money for custom parts that i cant return. He was ok with this until he blew up his daily driver and now needs a car. I pulled the car in a week and a half ago to start working on it and havent stoped yet. I had two cars to tune before i could get back to his car. I thought that they would go quicker but most cars are not ready for the dyno. He came at 9:00 pm the night after i was supposed to pull the car in and i pulled up to finish working on the sho to be able to get to his car. He got irrate and was yelling in my face. I walked into the shop and kept working on the sho. He went and got some of his buddies and was yelling and cursing at me waiting for me to come out or something.(i didn't know this at the time). Then he left and kept driving by and swearing and yelling to get his car done. He has come by at midnight and harassed the guys that i rent from as to why the car wasn't done.

I am trying to make the car right. This takes time and money. Most people would understand that. I was a littl optimistic about the timeline but when i have ten customers lined up and one won't pay i am going to move to the ones that will. This was a much bigger project than i thought. The last shop did it fast and that is why this try is taking so long.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #18
zmainiac
Tri-State Addict

Member #13881

My Ride:
1988 nissan 300zx turbo, 1984 300zx Turbo, 2000 bmw 323ci

Sorry thought i was logged in as twisted tuning. This is brian from twisted tuning.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #19
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:

Ok lets start with that custom fab work... i met u at that shop after paying you 150 more dollars than you said the down pipe would cost. I met you at the shop a hour away from my house with money on the terms that you would be picking it up that day with another 350 dollar. You told me outside before walking into the shop the car was done and asked me for the money so you could pay your fab guy, I had no problem with that until u showed me the unfinished car in his shop. As far as the you ordering parts and me paying for them what other custom work have you ordered that i havent paid for? is the custom spark plug cover in i havent seen a picture of that? you have paid for fittings and to powder coat the valve cover i have the money to pay the bill and i have 2 other cars i can drive. Yeah my daily did blow up and i told u that because i really want my car back. I have an email from u on oct. 26 saying i know ur goin on vacation and the car will be done for you when you get back. The fact is the car didnt move till a week ago and thats why im pissed off brian. You threatened to sue me last night well im not scared do what you gotta do. i have told you 1000x to get my car done when you say its gonna be done and id have no problem this isnt about money to me its about ur constant bull****ting me on a time line and never getting the work done. Money is not the issue and neither is a car that needs work(that is ur career right fixing cars?) the issue is you telling me the car will be done week after week and you never touching the car brian.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #20
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
Now that I think about it, I'm thinking of wicked tuning, my apologies.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
Closed Thread