TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Domestic > Mopar Talk
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
My Dakota needs some maintenance

Took the truck (98 Dodge Dakota) in to get checked out as i knew i had neglected it. It hasn't been inspected in a few years, and thought it should.

Shop came back with an estimate of $1350 to take care of the safety issues for inspection. (I paid $1500 for the truck 3 or 4 years ago)

What it needs:
Ball Joints - How hard is this to do? Probably have them do it
Front Brakes -I can do them
Rear Drum Brakes - I never messed with drums? Any help or advice would be great.
Exhaust System - I'll probably purchase it but have them install it but we'll see
Horn - Gotta see what the problem is or just bypass the stock horn and wire in a new one.

Whats everyone's advice or thoughts. Also if anyone wants to help with the work I would gladly reward your kindness with delicious BBQ and BEER.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Pick up a Haynes manual for $15 at Pepboys or Autozone. They are a great resource to have. Used them many times in the past. They aren't always perfect but will get you there.

I'd help but I don't think I'll be free for about 2 weeks. Gotta get all our stuff into the new place by the 1st. Probally have about a week of work here after that between wiring stuff, wall mounting the tv, ect.

And if you do the exhaust PB Blaster it the night before and have air tools on hand.

Last edited by jpalamar; 06-26-2013 at 09:13 PM.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote