TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Honda / Acura Talk
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
driftingrx5.7
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3099

My Ride:
88 rx5.7

Send a message via AIM to driftingrx5.7 Send a message via Yahoo to driftingrx5.7
help car will not turn over

ok guys i am racking my brain right now! i have no idea what to do and i am lost. here is the deal, i got my wife a 96 integra 4dr. it needed some work and i am working on it. yesterday the driver side speaker was turning off and on, i took the radio out and i found an bad tape job. remember i just got the car i didn't do anything radio wise i just left it as is. so i fixed the wires and it was working i turned the car on and off while i was playing with the wires because i didnt want to cause a short or anything. so i wrapped it up and started the car and it started with no problems. this morning we go out to start the cars and the db doesn't turn on. i mean it didn't even turn over. all i got was one "click" first thing i thought was the battery, hooked up a jumper box that is fully charged same thing "click", ran jumper cables from my rx7 to the db the rx7 has a brand new red top in it and its charged because the trickle charger has a green light, same thing one "click" so i am lost now what do you guys think it is? starter relay? if it was i wouldn't get that one click right? ign switch? then again same thing i wouldn't get that one click? starter bad? what do you guys think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
driftingrx5.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
BigWhiteTodd
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8795

My Ride:
01 camaro

Send a message via AIM to BigWhiteTodd
might sound redneck bang on the start then try and start it, if that dont work take the starter out hook a battery right to it for a sec see if it dont do anything thing. yeah check the main relay if it dont look blown, smell it see if it smells like burning plastic. and if all that dont work check grounds and fuses. also do all the lights on the dash come on when you try to start it?
BigWhiteTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
hookedonhatch
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #5443

main relay, blown fuse in the engine bay fuse box, use a multimeter and see if the starter is getting current (have someone start the car while you meter the starter). This is a good starting point.
hookedonhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
driftingrx5.7
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3099

My Ride:
88 rx5.7

Send a message via AIM to driftingrx5.7 Send a message via Yahoo to driftingrx5.7
well this is why i am ruling out blown fuses and relays for not (i will check them when i get home) i turn the key and i get a click sound that means the signal is going to the relay. the main relay is good or i wouldn't get that sound also. same for the fuse. the battery i tested after turning the key 4 times to try to start it and i got a reading of 11.72. i used the jumper box and still that single click, jumped it from my rx7 to the teg and still that single click. i asked a guy that i work with that does starters and altenators as a side buss and he said its the bendx(forgive me for spelling) drive that is bad it tends to happen on auto cars more then manual cars so i will bring him the starter tomorrow and we shall see what happens

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:55 PM   #5
driftingrx5.7
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3099

My Ride:
88 rx5.7

well it was the starter. swap it out after testing it and turns out it was the starter

Old 03-12-2009, 01:11 AM   #6
BigWhiteTodd
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8795

My Ride:
01 camaro

Send a message via AIM to BigWhiteTodd
thats good cheap easy repair.
BigWhiteTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:19 AM   #7
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

damn, i was about to say starter. glad to see you solved it.

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #8
driftingrx5.7
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3099

My Ride:
88 rx5.7

yeah this morning i woke up to start the car praying all the way to my garage and it started right up now i have a new job to do to it..lol

Old 04-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #9
digdug18
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4972

My Ride:
'87 Honda Civic Wagovan 6sp RT4WD, '06 VW Passat 3.6 4Motion, '07 Suzuki SX4 AWD, '97 Chevy 1500 4x4

Send a message via Yahoo to digdug18
gladly the starter on the b18 is in a somewhat easy location as well, I did mine a month ago in the middle of winter, nearly froze my balls off
digdug18 is offline   Reply With Quote