TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-05-2007, 12:53 PM   #201
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Okay Jon, you detail on the side. I was doing it for a living and when you clear your day for some one who says they are going to be there and then cancels an hour before hes supposed to be there 3 times in a row you can be damn sure im not going to let it happen again. You ask any single person ive worked for if i got their car done right the first time on time and they will say its true. You dont seem to understand how piece work works do you. Im not going to waste my time on someone who is obviously not serious about what they want.

I detail the cars I want to detail thats it, I dont have to do any car I dont want to. I was never sandy until my paychecks dropped 3 weekends in a row.

Sorry it took me so long to answer, I was busy with another client with my real job.

And don't tell me you dont know who that guy is.
see now look, once again, youve got **** all twisted around so you dont think youre wrong.... 3 times in a row? we only agreed to meet ONCE... and it ****ing rained that day. and if you cleared your whole day you should have told me that... maybe things would have been different then,... not my problem... and i understand that you get cars clean and all that... congratulations... i never said you couldnt... i said we dont agree on the way things are acheived and you got sand in your pussy. dont EVER blame me for your paychecks bro... if you lost work... it is your own fault... you never told me anything about taking off work to do my car or anything like that... either way... 3 times is a lie. and for reference... that "guy" is probably about 3-4 different people.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:54 PM   #202
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

Send a message via AIM to jspek
i vote unbann cleanneon this is what happens when everyone cant focus on 1 person. we turn on each other.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

jspek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #203
markley02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #390

My Ride:
05 Honda Odessey

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadgoat9286 View Post
Very true. But let me tell you this..how often does anyone here rally? How often does anyone here ever actually use it for what it is meant to be used for? All I see, all I read, all I hear are number's for the 1/4 mile. "Oh mine runs ____". "Oh I can walk a _____ @ ______ mph". I don't ever really see the cars that are used in context. Some do..i've seen some, but they are by FAR the minority. Everyone is concerned with the quarter and with straight line. And why not? We are all (well, mostly) relatively "kids", and "kids" are simple. We like drag racing. Some like street racing. Unless you're living in Tuscany or Tokyo, street racing is usually done in a straight line (heh), so therefore that's what has been talked about.

For me personally, I'm trying to build an all-around performer, but that has it's own merits. One of which isn't in this topic lol
The main point in a 1/4 mile race is braging rights. Lets face it, a straight line race on the street is dangerous enough. The last thing we need is unexperienced drivers on a public road taking turns as fast as possible. Therefor, drag racing is much more popular, just like you are saying. Although the average evo or Subaru owner wont ever rally their car it is just the feeling of tearing up the back roads. The ability to throw the car around. It is like comparing a dirt bike to a harley. In an Evo you dont need to go over 50 MPH (or 30 depending on the road) to get an addrenaline rush. Straight line acceleration is just a bonus.

Dumb ass for not changing my password.

I lied about everything. All of it. I owned some great cars because my ex wife dedicated her life to me. I treated her like total sh**, because my d**k was more important than she was! She divorced me.

I am into drugs and Motorcycles, guns and my bff Brandon and girls that look just like my mother. Pronouns: they, them. hyper-sexual narcissist.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
markley02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:57 PM   #204
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

the whole god damn forum needs to get locked. well off topic anyway. i wont bump old threads i promise.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:57 PM   #205
Snoozie
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1887

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspek View Post
i vote unbann cleanneon this is what happens when everyone cant focus on 1 person. we turn on each other.
hahaha! i think its true.

"Everyone learns faster on fire." - Alkaline Trio
Snoozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #206
evomike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2578

My Ride:
03 duramax and a 04 evo

i have a fully built time attack evo that i dont even drive on the street so i use mine well there is one for ya
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:01 PM   #207
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Send a message via AIM to ozthunder
Well yea, but I expected you to say that lol...you're one of the few. I mean, they are out there..certainly are. But in my neck of the woods- and certainly on here- they are rarely used for what they were intended.

I love backroads too..especially knowing my rear end may kick out at anytime lol

ozthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #208
Z3R0
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5129

My Ride:
2002.5 Volkswagen Jetta GLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspek View Post
the whole god damn forum needs to get locked. well off topic anyway. i wont bump old threads i promise.
Wait till troll reads this...he will probably actually do it after the bull crap that has been happening in this part of the forum for the past...week?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #209
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Well maybe there should be active moderation instead of locking and chastising members. Locking, deleting, etc. It's a shame, b/c I thought there was going to be some form of legitimate discussion...but no.

(but that's just my opinion. don't lynch me for having one)

Last edited by ozthunder; 09-05-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #210
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
cleansrt4 was definately not me Keith. I see why you asked me last night and no I would never say anything mean like that to my friends.

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
D Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #211
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi Limited, 1969 Z/28 Camaro

Okay.. since I've been the peacemaker during most of this thread, I guess I gotta do it again.

Buster.. since we've known eachother, and Jon.. since you're gonna be my new drummer.. I'll outbuff both of you.. just go look at my glimmering paintjob. :P

But anyway, who cares guys? You two are some of the good members here, no need to fight with eachother. If there's any bad blood, just talk it out over aim or the phone.. you guys are both better than that. Personally, I don't think Jon has anything to do with that cleansrt guy, considering he was probably at the KOP meet all night last night. Don't sweat it guys, the n00bs have been banned and taken care of.
doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #212
Z3R0
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5129

My Ride:

Quote:
Well maybe there should be active moderation instead of locking and chastising members. Locking, deleting, etc. It's a shame, b/c I thought there was going to be some form of legitimate discussion...but no.

True, seeing as how the 2?....err 1 mod and 1 admin we have seem to be on and off at the same time.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #213
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:

Quote:

I'll hunt you down and slay you if you try any more of that legitimate discussion BS....
Old 09-05-2007, 01:13 PM   #214
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0 View Post
True, seeing as how the 2?....err 1 mod and 1 admin we have seem to be on and off at the same time.
Yea. I've been on COUNTLESS forums, and I have NEVER seen the problems this one has. And the common denominator is constant, active moderation. This points system is a neat idea- but it's an idea that can't be applied without constant moderation, not fully seperate. But hey, I don't know, I don't pay the bills, and since it's not a democracy, my voice means little to nothing.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #215
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
I'll hunt you down and slay you if you try any more of that legitimate discussion BS....
lol..well, I tried, and now look? And of course this will be locked, people will be given points, and it'll be shuttled under a carpet.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #216
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

the answer to the original question...

Old 09-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #217
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:

Quote:
Yea. I've been on COUNTLESS forums, and I have NEVER seen the problems this one has. And the common denominator is constant, active moderation. This points system is a neat idea- but it's an idea that can't be applied without constant moderation, not fully seperate. But hey, I don't know, I don't pay the bills, and since it's not a democracy, my voice means little to nothing.
Quote:
lol..well, I tried, and now look? And of course this will be locked, people will be given points, and it'll be shuttled under a carpet.
Eh.. I think Troll does a good job keeping the peace. I've seen much much worse forums.. and forums with power happy nazis. There's no reason really to close this thread.. maybe clean it up a tad.. but I think we're having good discussion.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:19 PM   #218
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Yea, it's not bad, but I mean..he can't do it himself. But eh..let's get back on topic..ala jspek's silly picture. For me..you can't replicate what the Z06 does, and neither the Evo. Two different cars, two different attitudes, and when it comes down to it- two different drivers.

Lest we forget the driver is one of the biggest mods we can make! heh

Old 09-05-2007, 01:20 PM   #219
Z3R0
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5129

My Ride:

I think that Chaos and that other guy stopped umm...conflicting in this thread so now I think we are back to 1 topic in 1 thread
Old 09-05-2007, 01:21 PM   #220
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

lol...muscle vs. subaru..and wait..what was the other one?